Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 722764 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
@wbpictures tweeted this at around 2 PM ET in reference to CinemaCon in Las Vegas:

#TimBurton brings out surprise guest #JohnnyDepp! #DarkShadows #CinemaCon

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I could have sworn that I read in one of the recent online articles that Warner Brothers was planning a DS presentation at CinemaCon. But yesterday when I checked the schedule for the entire event, I didn't see anything - and the only thing Burton seemed to do yesterday was present an award to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter director Timur Bekmambetov. But apparently something is going on today.

Thanks for the heads up, MsCriseyde.  [ghost_smiley]

16 days 9 hours 27 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
It was apparently listed as a general Warner Bros. Summer 2012 presentation. This is all I can find specifically about Depp:

@AmyKinLA: Johnny Depp surprised at #DarkShadows presentation. He was wearing dangly earrings & literally only said "have fun" #CinemaCon

But there was this earlier from Warner Bros:

@wbpictures: #Director #TimBurton says he was such a lousy student because he used to run home from school to watch #DarkShadows!

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It was apparently listed as a general Warner Bros. Summer 2012 presentation.

Not even that was listed on the schedule that I saw in the Hollywood Reporter yesterday.  [ghost_rolleyes]  Who knows why?  [ghost_angry]

Thanks for the additional tweets.  [ghost_smiley]

16 days 9 hours 16 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the captures, MB.  And everyone else, thanks for the great links.

This looks like a different spot:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4X9jQQzk90

On FB, DS has 228K fans.  Compare that to the 1.1M that Avengers has.  It has a ways to go to catch up.   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This looks like a different spot

That looks like the one usffan told us about. And I'm downloading a copy now. Thanks for the link.  [ghost_smiley]

And speaking of spots, when I scanned through the commercials of three shows that I still haven't gotten the chance to watch, I discovered that this past Friday the 3rd 30 second spot ran during both Fringe and Supernatural, and the 2nd 30 second spot ran during Nikita.

On FB, DS has 228K fans.  Compare that to the 1.1M that Avengers has.  It has a ways to go to catch up.   [ghost_cheesy]

Well, DS is never going to have the same amount as The Avengers has. DS just doesn't have the same sort of broad appeal that a superhero film does...

16 days 9 hours 7 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It used to.   [ghost_wink]  Maybe after this...  Or else the exact opposite will happen.  We shall see. 

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, I think that's the one that came on the other night.  I didn't get the wording right for Roger, but it was the same idea ("Exactly what I've been saying").  I hadn't remembered Willie's "Sorry.  He's English" line, either. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Even if this film is a big success, I don't think DS is going to reach the same level of across the board appeal that something like The Avengers or The Dark Knight has.

But getting back to the new video on YouTube, I love the look Liz seems to be giving Roger at the dining room table. I really do hope they bicker in similar ways to the way their relationship is on the original show. Joan Bennett used to throw some wonderful facial expressions at Louis Edmonds - and he to her.

And usffan, after only seeing something once, I doubt anyone expects that you could remember everything perfectly.  [ghost_nowink]

16 days 8 hours 44 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The more I'm seeing, the more fun this movie looks like it's going to be.  I'm resigned to the fact that it will likely be very, very different from the DS that I had been dreaming of.  I'll take it on its own terms and hopefully I'll enjoy the ride.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I guess I like crude humor but I thought the balls comment was HIGHlarious!  ROFLMAO!  It's so funny because Barnabas is totally serious and everyone else has their mind in the gutter including me. ;)  Great spot!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It took a few tricks but here's the link for the video of the 5th (the 4th being the one most recently posted to YouTube) 30 second TV spot:

The Voice_2012_04_23_19_59_00.mp4 (15.9MB)

I have 14 screen captures already selected/formatted from the YouTube version of the 4th 30 second spot, but I want to wait to see if by chance I get a copy of it during anything I record tonight because my version would be much better quality. But if not, I'll post what I've prepared as soon as I know that I don't have a copy.

16 days 4 hours 50 minutes 39 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
JUST SAW IT GUYS!   ET on the set of Dark Shadows tomorrow. Lots of great behind the scenes stuff and interviews with Michelle, Johnny and Eva.  Set your DVR's!   Cannot wait
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It's about time. Thanks for the heads up, Taeylor.  [ghost_smiley]

16 days 4 hours 35 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!