Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716742 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1740 on: December 12, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »
Great find, Taeylor!

I stumbled across this article (from Manila) which suggests that Dark Shadows is a "potential franchise-starter".  Not much more than that, but it is good to see this still being mentioned.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/344559/dark-knight-rises-the-hobbit-lead-warners-2012-lineup

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 12, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
It's also nice to see that they think DS is a surefire bet.  [santa_wink]

Thanks for posting the link, Cousin_Barnabas.  [santa_smiley]

150 days 11 hours 55 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 12, 2011, 06:56:36 PM »
There should be absolutely no excuse for the slip up in this article:

Best Bets

Especially when the news outlet is CBSNEWS. But that being said, the idea of a[spoiler]Sherlock Holmes/Dark Shadows[/spoiler]crossover is definitely one that I would find quite appealing.  [santa_wink]

150 days 10 hours 3 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 13, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
It's nice to see that the author of this article about the Fandango survey also has DS on her list of the most anticipated movies of 2012:

Popcorn & Prejudice: A Movie Blog - Most anticipated movies of 2012

150 days 3 hours 28 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #1744 on: December 13, 2011, 01:56:31 AM »
I think someone mentioned sequels and aging.  I don't think it would be that difficult. Makeup, lighting etc. can do wonders.  Also Michelle and Depp are doing fine in their aging at this point. I can see Michelle even more regal in her late 50's!!  And I think this may be one of the reasons they made Carolyn younger to possibly deal with different points of growth in her life.  Bella Heatcote will age but she is so young they could defiantly show different points in her life as well as a growing young woman.   David will age as well but again, different parts on ones life can be fascinating.  And mainly, it would be fine for anyone to age besides Johnny and the way he looks as Barnabas I can see him being able to pull that off for at least 10 years??  JF did so in almost 5 years and pretty much looked the same when the show ended.  Maybe a bit more worn under the eyes because of the heavy work load. And we all know if the stars would have not been on flat video tape and had movie lighting they would have all appeared younger.  As for Star Trek; it didn't have the advantage of having a mix of an old and young cast. And then their is quietly getting an eye lift as an option too as we know made a certain red head look ten years younger....it's public knowledge so I hope that was okay! [8_2_59]

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 13, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
I see where The Amazing Spider-Man now has a teaser poster and The Dark Knight Rises has yet another poster. But we're not jealous. No - not at all! After all, who wants to see anything like posters and/or trailers? What fun would that be?! It would ruin all the speculating over how DS might be marketed. Not to mention it might answer some of the storyline questions we still have. It's so much more fun to remain almost completely in the dark - exactly where Burton & Company want us.  [santa_wink]

But seriously, I said this months ago, but it's even truer now: every day that goes by actually does bring us closer to seeing posters and trailers. We just have to make sure we don't die of anticipation before then because who knows how much longer a wait we have?!  [santa_grin]

And speaking of TASM's teaser poster, I love the first comment to this article about it:

'The Amazing Spider-Man' poster revealed

We share your pain, Dan.

Oh, wait - what am I saying?! No we don't! For a minute there I forgot that it's so much more fun to remain almost completely in the dark.  [santa_cheesy]

149 days 12 hours 0 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 13, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
it's public knowledge so I hope that was okay!

What makes it okay is that it's discussed in her published biography.  [santa_smiley]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 13, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »
I'm very surprised there is not a trailer or poster at this point.  I really thought there would be by now.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 13, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »
A trailer, I can (sort of) understand.  What has me stunned is the fact that there is no poster.  You'd think there would be one in time for the Christmas releases...  There is still hope!   [8_2_74]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
"Josette, Josette, you have come back to me!"

New image of Josette was posted over at IMDB!

http://www.bscine.com/2011/12/updates-from-the-set-mike-valentine-bsc/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Ooooo - excellent. At least we're getting something.  [santa_thumb]  And I'll take each and every production photo anyone wants to share.

Thanks so much for the link, Cousin_Barnabas!  [santa_smiley]

149 days 8 hours 6 minutes 13 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Whoa, excellent find, thanks so much Cousin_Barnabas!   [8_2_59]  So...underwater, eh?   [8_2_74] 

I'm also a little surprised we haven't gotten at least a teaser poster or a teaser trailer by now.  (That is, for a trailer, something that is maybe 30 seconds rather than 2 minutes, and for a poster something like the first poster we got of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where we only saw Willy Wonka's smile beneath the hat that is covering most of his face).  I remember thinking that it would make sense for a teaser to come out with one of the films coming out just before Christmas, but now that we're at that time of year, we're running out of films that would seem to be a good fit for a DS trailer.  I'm still holding out a tiny hope, though.  Maybe this photo is a sign that something more will surface soon  :crosses fingers:

Cathy

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
So the part of the Little Mermaid is now being played by Josette duPres? Seriously, it's good to see something and maybe this will up the spooky factor
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
so i guess we can assume that josette "takes the big dip" so to speak...

i suppose it really wouldn't be DS without this element.

i don't suppose they'd subject heathcote to this underwater filming. so one can assume it's her stunt double? maybe?

interesting description of the specter. i wonder if it's accurate or just the writer's interpretation.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Michelle Pfeiffer was a fan of the original show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaByd9iCdQE