Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717127 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It's true that we need to be a little more patient. I'm thinking that we won't see the trailer for several more weeks. (Now that I said this I'm hoping it comes out today jk)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Heavens knows when we'll see it. Today would be nice - or even tomorrow. But I won't be holding my breath.  [snow_cheesy]  And anyone who has been holding their breath waiting is probably dead by now.  [snow_laugh]  Like I've said before, we could all die of anticipation.  [snow_wink]

99 days 7 hours 14 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
And anyone who has been holding their breath waiting is probably dead by now.

But I told you - I am already dead!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That is funny Nancy.

IMAX now has added The Avengers to its website for its May 4th premiere. Patience I keep on telling myself....  http://www.imax.com/movies/m/marvels-the-avengers-an-imax-3d-experience/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another Eva Green interview:

Eva Green on Perfect Sense, Dark Shadows and Love in the Time of Calamity

And we should have seen this sort of foolishness coming:

Johnny Depp Getting Close To Costar Eva Green

This despite the repeated insistence from Vanessa Paradis that she and Depp have not broken up. But then, what was I just saying earlier in this topic about the type of people who only want to believe what they want to believe regardless of what might actually be true?  [snow_undecided]

99 days 2 hours 20 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
So... if this is not the most interesting and terribly anticlimactic thing you've ever seen...

www.darkshadowsthemovie.com

And darkshadows.warnerbros.com and darkshadowsthemovie.warnerbros.com both go to a "Server Not Found Page".  Any ideas what any of this means - especially the first link's redirect?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Are you using Internet Explorer? The reason I ask is because of what was happening before with IE and because with Firefox you don't get the "Server Not Found" Page. But with Firefox it's also no longer bringing up the blank page. Both URLs that used to bring up the blank page now redirect to the Warner Brothers Web site's home page.

98 days 21 hours 32 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
No, I'm using Firefox, and only the first link redirects to Warners.  The second and third are "server not found"...    So the first link which redirects to the Warners homepage is what had me concerned.  Maybe it's just temporary while they work on the site.  (Of course it could also mean they've abandoned the project, which is what had me distressed) But this is the first time it has happened to me, and I've been checking every day...  So I am hoping it's just a temporary redirect until it redirects to a sub-section of the Warners site and not just the home page. 

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I don't think they'd abandon the website!  To me, this is a good sign, because it means they're tinkering.  Tinkering is always good, in my book!  Incidentally, there is another permutation, http://darkshadowsmovie.warnerbros.com/
(with "movie", without "the", with "warnerbros") that is also redirecting to WB. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I had the exact same reaction as you, madscntst - and tinkering IS always a good thing.  [snow_wink]

Quite honestly from a Web design perspective, it's never really a good idea for an URL to simply display a blank page, so more than likely that's why Warner Brothers now has the various permutations of the URL redirecting to their home page. At first they may have thought that few if any people would be checking out the site so soon, meaning without any actual content there. But I suspect quite a few of us have been - and they would be aware of that because all Web sites have a way of showing how many times they've been accessed and by how many unique visitors, so it would have made perfect sense for them to change the redirect to their home page to give people something to see/do rather than just giving them a blank page.

98 days 11 hours 37 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Is Tim Burton so much of a control freak that he'd want to sign off even a simple front page for the movie website?  I mean, honestly, black backdrop, standard title "Dark Shadows" in the DS font with a dark red halo around it, choose one of the four photos you've released (the cast photo would make most sense) and "The Journey Begins May 12, 2012" (or whatever the date is).  And you're done, until Emperor Burton decides he's ready to release some real publicity materials.

I don't follow current industry crap at all so for all I know, this kind of endless dithering and delay is typical, but honestly... it leaves me baffled. 

I also do not know why TBTP cannot simply announce a release date for the hoDS/NoDS DVDs.  Again, how hard is this stuff?

cheers, Gothick

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
As you said, people who want to believe something will.  We've seen that here and elsewhere.  I don't get it.

But then, what was I just saying earlier in this topic about the type of people who only want to believe what they want to believe regardless of what might actually be true?  [snow_undecided]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Incidentally, there is another permutation, http://darkshadowsmovie.warnerbros.com/
(with "movie", without "the", with "warnerbros") that is also redirecting to WB. 

Very interesting!  Thanks for sharing!

Quite honestly from a Web design perspective, it's never really a good idea for an URL to simply display a blank page, so more than likely that's why Warner Brothers now has the various permutations of the URL redirecting to their home page.

I feel that's a strong possibility, then again...

I mean, honestly, black backdrop, standard title "Dark Shadows" in the DS font with a dark red halo around it, choose one of the four photos you've released (the cast photo would make most sense) and "The Journey Begins May 12, 2012" (or whatever the date is).

is what I have ALWAYS seen on movie websites before their launch.  So this WB redirect bothers me.  Of course, they could be making it really cool and all, and that is why they aren't revealing anything yet.  I don't know. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I don't think the redirect is anything to worry about. Like madscntst, I doubt they've abandoned the Web site. Though that being said, the causes behind what would seem to us to be the lengthy delays with the Web site and the poster(s) and the trailer(s) are anyone's guess at this point...

98 days 7 hours 48 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I was receiving the redirect until today. I guess they are still working on the site. Now I am getting this on IE:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at darkshadowsmovie.warnerbros.com Port 80