Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720689 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If I'm not mistaken isn't this site often referred to by other various media when a new movie comes out? I guess this is a real good sign for DS being highly rated.

Yes, several sites do refer to Rotten Tomatoes - but they refer to the critics' consensus vs. the audience's opinion. Those numbers won't actually appear until after the film comes out.

Actually, this is the first time that I was even aware that before a film comes out they have a "want to see" percentage. But then I've never gone there to check on a film before it's come out. I usually check after I've seen something to see if I agree or disagree...

106 days 3 hours 32 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
the next DS milestone will be 1991...  But that means it would have to come out in the next few days...   [snow_wink]

Well, we can cross off both 1991 and 1995.  [snow_wink]

106 days 3 hours 26 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Actually IMDb has Dan Curtis listed as a writer for the movie (characters) and I guess Rotten Tomatoes just copied it. I'm still waiting for the NY Times to correct Dr. Julie's name. I mean haven't they had enough time to correct its mistake?  Sorry about the quick editing on the other post-for once I was too fast.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yes, apparently someone over at IMDb is under the misconception that DC and not Art Wallace created most of the characters who will appear in the film.  [snow_rolleyes]  Though that should be cleared up with the film's actual credits.

As for the NY Times, who knows? It's been like that for over a year, hasn't it? Even before any of the actual casting news started to come out at the beginning of last February.

And don't worry about the editing.  [snow_smiley]  The only reason I brought it up and explained things was so that people wouldn't be confused...

106 days 3 hours 11 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Well, we can cross off both 1991 and 1995.  [snow_wink]

2004, 2012.   [snow_cheesy]  Because we will have SOMETHING by Saturday.  I can feel it!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Well I think Johnny of course is giving a nod to the old show. And I personally think that is very cool!!

true depp is definitely channeling frid in many ways...the spiky bangs, the inverness cape...but when people freak out that "frid never wore that much makeup!" it's too much to take.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
^ And not to mention that perhaps Frid would've liked to have a little more makeup if he were to have the luxury of spending several hours a day in a makeup chair, as they do for a big budget film!  It was never going to be any great leap to realize that a major motion picture made in the 2010's is going to look different than a daytime show made in the 1960's.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
 [pointing-up]

[lol3]  It's so true it's funny!

Oh and by Saturday, I meant next Saturday.  But we'll be past the posts by that point anyway, so if my feeling is wrong, it won't be that big of a disappointment.   [snow_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just got excited when I received a tweet on my phone from GK Films and started to read that it was about the release of a trailer - but the excitement lasted about two seconds - long enough for me to see the trailer is for Guy Pearce's upcoming film Lockout[snow_sad]  But one day it will be a tweet for DS. Who knows what day?! But one day...

105 days 7 hours 6 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Was it here or another discussion group that someone speculated the trailer might be attached to the upcoming Daniel Radcliffe movie (The Woman In Black, I think??)  I think that comes out Feb. 3, so I'm crossing my fingers.  Also, has anyone heard anything about Super Bowl spots?  I seem to recall hearing that WB wasn't going to do any this year, but I might've imagined that.  I seem to remember one or two movie trailers debuting during the Super Bowl in the past.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I didn't even think of the Super Bowl. And, yes, I think somebody did mention a DS trailer possibly coming out with The Woman in Black. Cousin_Barnabas, perhaps...

105 days 6 hours 55 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Woman in Black is where I have my money.  And, yes madscntst, you remember right.  No Warner Bros. spots this Super Bowl.   [snow_angry] 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, that leaves out the Super Bowl, then.  [snow_sad]

And with The Woman in Black - wouldn't a trailer tied to a film be from the same studio as the film? But I don't think TWiB is a Warner Bothers film...

105 days 0 hours 25 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Not necessarily, MB.  Trailers get mixed frequently.  Do you remember the stir caused by Warners when they attached TDKR preview to the MI film, a non-Warners release?

Woman in Black is from CBS and Hammer.  CBS is just returning to the film industry, so their film repertoire is limited; and Hammer is also finding new life, so Warners could very well decide to stick DS with this release, as the content would appear very similar and the companies releasing the film don't really have a lot of their own projects to promote.   [snow_smiley]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
And this is a pretty significant move on the part of Lionsgate:

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/one-week-delay-what-expect-when-youre-expecting-34834

It means that they are expecting Shadows to be a big draw for their audience, and that they don't want to fight it in opening week.