Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716563 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Speaking of which, I wonder what the web address for the film will be.  www.darkshadows.com is blank now and when you try for a page on the site, it gives you a strange message.  I wonder if WB bought the rights.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
to digress to the billing situation for a moment...

how well known is bella heathcote(i'd never heard of her before this project)? is she still new enough and unknown enough to get...

and introducing

Bella Heathcote
                                                                     as
                                                        VICTORIA WINTERS

???         
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I was really thinking that would be a possiblity, mscbryk.  And I almost included it in my version, but then I did an IMDB search, and she will be introduced in a few films before Dark Shadows.  They have yet to come out, but, if her role is big enough in those, I imagine that an "introducing" credit would be too late for our show. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Speaking of which, I wonder what the web address for the film will be.

With WB movies, more often than not the URL is (movietitle).warnerbros.com - so DS will quite possibly be darkshadows.warnerbros.com.

319 days 4 hours 3 minutes 1 second until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Okay, so maybe this isn't about the movie per se, but please forgive me because Johnny is in the movie and Alice Cooper's music is reportedly being featured in the movie.  So Johnny is apparently playing tonight with Alice in London!  And for me, the only thing better than a pointy-fanged Johnny is a guitar-playing Johnny!

RealAliceCooper Alice Cooper
Johnny Depp!! Waiting to jump on stage with Alice for 18 and Schools Out! http://fb.me/12fFO8XqS
2 hours ago

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
So I guess we can presume that Alice Cooper isn't upset his music is being used in the DS film.  [ghost_wink]

Thanks for sharing the tweet, madscntst.  [ghost_smiley]

319 days 2 hours 54 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Too bad security is keeping people at a distance now. I suppose that means we won't be getting too many more photos of the set.

Actually here are two more from aston5man: Dark Shadows Film Set

Interestingly, he believes shooting comes to end at the Collinwood set tomorrow. But somehow I think that might only be for this particular version of the set. One would presume there will be more shooting for the 1772 period of the film...

And I certainly appreciate any and all photos that he's shared, but I wish at least one of these two showed more than the entranceway. Though perhaps he had to sneak them the way he had to sneak the photo of the wall on Friday - in which case I should be thanking him for taking the risk...

319 days 2 hours 40 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
DONE???

it doesn't even look like the set's been completed. [ghost_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
How so, mscbryk?  They only need the first story of the house as the rest is CGI. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Okay, so maybe this isn't about the movie per se, but please forgive me because Johnny is in the movie and Alice Cooper's music is reportedly being featured in the movie.  So Johnny is apparently playing tonight with Alice in London!

An article with photos: Johnny Depp joins Alice Cooper on stage at London concert (Photos). And it mentions the DS film.

318 days 23 hours 51 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
These two articles are claiming that there is at least a rumor that Alice himself will have a cameo in the film. 

http://www.nme.com/news/alice-cooper/57588

http://alicecooper.com/latest/alice-cooper/johnny-depp-alice-cooper-stage-100-club-last-night

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
They only need the first story of the house as the rest is CGI.
Even on Gone With the Wind, many sets were finished ala 1939-style "CGI."  A documentary showed how they filmed the BBQ at the neighboring Seven Oaks plantation.  The scene where the guests arrive in droves and head up onto to the porch and through the front door consisted of only that - a partial porch and a front door.  Above and around it was nothing but supporting boards and empty air.  However, on the screen viewers saw a magnificent mansion of several stories, added through the special effects wizardry of hand-painted mattes and it all worked flawlessly.

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I think it would be a hoot if Alice Cooper had a cameo in the movie.  Maybe the character of Buzz could also have a cameo.

G.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
How about Alice Cooper AS  Buzz!!!?
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Announced on Facebook: Jonathan Frid is flying to London next week to film his cameo for the film.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_7812174279&ap=1

318 days 12 hours 29 minutes 35 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!