Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719541 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Gee, I wonder if instead of wearing a powdered wig as Barnabas in 1772, Depp will actually wear this wig:

kr_shhh
We dress up in our props.... http://yfrog.com/kh6jjj
12 hours ago

[ghost_cheesy]

334 days 23 hours 22 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two small pieces: one about Thomas McDonell, and one about Bella Heathcote.

And BTW, should we be upset that photos are already showing up of Burton's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? Though Burton isn't directing that - only producing. But still...

334 days 22 hours 22 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
A few words from HBC on playing the 'alcholic psychiastrist'
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
I know they were always going to the decanter for brandy or whatnot but Julia an alcoholic...how would she have had time?

Excerpt from article. [edited by admin]
Julia99

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
Re: A few words from HBC on playing the 'alcholic psychiastrist'
« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
I get to hypnotize Johnny [Depp] and do all sorts of things to him.

That sounds...INTERESTING.  [scratch2]

Thanks for the article!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
ChloeGMoretz
Soo excited for my covershoot today!! :) Gonna be a good day, @TrevorDMoretz #MommyMoretz
3 hours ago

Hmmm - I wonder for what sort of magazine and if there will be an accompanying interview that might get into a discussion about the Depp/DS film? I suppose only time will tell...

334 days 12 hours 30 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2011, 12:44:49 AM »
I know it's off by 7 years, but I thought Super 8 did a good job of setting a movie in the 1970's in a way that was fun (and had funny moments) while not losing sight of the main purpose of the movie. 

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
USF I'd agree with that... It'll be interesting to see how much music of the day they use for DS. Super 8 did a good job with its ELO and Blondie sprinkled in and the introduction of such new technology as 'The Walkman'.  I'm now remembering JD in 'Blow' whenever he's going through the airport with the 'Black Betty' song blasting. That was great. We'll just have to wait and see what Timbo will have in store for us... Tom Petty said it best, "The waiting is the hardest part."
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently Chloe Moretz is shooting again today because a few hours ago she tweeted about listening to Katy Perry's Last Friday Night while on DS. (And if you've never seen Katy Perry's video for the song, you should definitely check it out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlyXNRrsk4A) and try to spot all the celebrities before they tell you who they are at the end.)

I could be reading things wrong, but this *may* actually be Chloe Moretz last week of shooting. And the reason I say that is because her brother has tweeted some people that he'll be back in LA at the beginning of next week. That's not to say that Chloe couldn't still be in London because her mom is also there with her - but seemingly more often than not it appears to be a case that the city where her brother is, she is because he's a sort of adviser/mentor for her career. So it will be interesting to see. And if it does turn out to be true that she'll be wrapping her part on DS this week, that really won't be too much of a surprise because she will have been shooting for four weeks...

332 days 11 hours 50 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm...  Brad Pitt affair rumors shock Bella Heathcote. But then, so what else is new when people have nothing better to do than make up stories...

332 days 11 hours 27 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Potential good news: Johnny Depp seems to have an article in the Hollywood Reporter that appears to be about him portraying Barnabas.

Bad news: for some odd reason access is denied when I try to open the page - and I've never gotten that before.

Has anyone else gotten this Google alert:

"Whose Johnny? Depp Tries a (small) reinvention
Hollywood Reporter
Johnny Depp has done playful, mischievous, childlike, soulful, creepy and pretty much any other mode you can imagine. The one thing he hasn't done is menacing -- true, bloodthirsty, win-at-all-costs menacing. His potentially nastier turns have been ..."

And can you access it?

332 days 11 hours 18 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
^^^ I don't know if I saw that one, MB, but this morning I got about 4 different news alerts that were all from the Hollywood Reporter, and even though they had today's date, they were news items that were not current.  I don't even remember what they were all about, but they were all short blurbs.  Nothing seemed like news so I just disregarded.  If you sign up for news alerts, sometimes this happens- old news gets coughed up again- but usually the articles still have an old date on them and I remember thinking this morning that it was peculiar that they all had today's date on 'em.  Oh well. 

Interesting that Chloe may be wrapping her filming this week, or else maybe it's possible that she'll have a break and then come back later. 

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Okay, I found the alerts in my trash folder, and sure enough, I was denied when I tried to click on the article this time.  Maybe it's because someone caught that it wasn't current.  Trying to remember- I don't know what film they were talking about- maybe it *was* DS and Barnabas, but I think they were saying he's rarely a villain and I seem to remember them mentioning Blow as a rare example of a "bad guy" (but still someone sympathetic, IMHO. And he's done several more of these- Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Sweeney Todd, and even The Libertine come to mind).  At least two of the other news alerts were about Johnny possibly taking over Heath Ledger's role in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
this morning I got about 4 different news alerts that were all from the Hollywood Reporter, and even though they had today's date, they were news items that were not current.

I just checked the e-mail again, and it probably is the one you're talking about because, which I didn't even notice before, all the links in it are to the Hollywood Reporter - and at least two of them (which I hadn't even checked out yet) are definitely to old news: Depp potentially taking over for Heath Ledger on The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, and an article that asked filmgoers to rank the stars they're most looking forward to seeing on the big screen in 2007. 2007?!

Oh well - so probably the first article is old as well. Too bad, because it sounded like it had so much potential...

If you sign up for news alerts, sometimes this happens- old news gets coughed up again- but usually the articles still have an old date on them and I remember thinking this morning that it was peculiar that they all had today's date on 'em.

Very peculiar.  [ghost_huh]  I don't think this has ever happened to me before. Though if it did, I suppose it would have had to have been to something that I never bothered to check out or else I would have noticed.

332 days 10 hours 51 minutes 4 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
Also, an article on Warner Bros. Web site about them gearing up for Comic Con 2011 has me thinking: is it too early to wonder if there might be any sort of presentation about the Depp/DS film? Although, they'll still be shooting when Comic Con takes place July 21-24...

Well, apparently not: Some Studios Skipping Comic Con

Some excerpts:

'Now, an interesting article in The New York Times reports that Warner Bros. Pictures, Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios, DreamWorks Pictures and The Weinstein Company will all be no shows this year at the San Diego Comic Con.'

'Warners has "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel" coming next year. Chris Nolan never bothered with the convention for his previous two Batman films so it's no surprise it's skipping out here, while 'Steel' will still be a long way from even beginning to shoot so it's likely Warners will simply wait until next year when they can show a bunch of completed footage from the movie six months ahead of its release. It also means no "Dark Shadows" for the Tim Burton fans and no "Sherlock Holmes" sequel.'

Not all that much of a surprise that DS won't be featured. After all, we know how secretive Burton is. But it is a surprise that Warner Bros. will be a no show entirely - especially when the entire section on their Web site about them gearing up for Comic Con is still there...  [ghost_huh]

332 days 6 hours 31 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes, I believe I can confirm that that article is old news - from 2009 actually, about PUBLIC ENEMIES.  I don't understand why Google is linking to it as "news"...  Really bizarre.