Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719629 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #930 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »
PimlicoRoad1 Keith Anderson
Still not shaving, gettin ready to be a 17th century fisherman, in the latest Johnny Depp movie" Dark Shadows" been an interesting week.
7 hours ago

Apparently he'll be working in the Thomas McDonell period sequences. And in his tweet from the 27th he said he would begin working on the film "next week," which is now this week, so I wonder if Thomas McDonell will also begin work at some point this week? There hasn't been a peep out of him on Twitter about the film. But then, there hasn't been a peep out of any of the main stars with the exception of Chloe Moretz - and even she hasn't exactly said much...

RussTaylor622 Russ Taylor
@ChloeGMoretz Hi Chloe ! I hope you're doing well ! Have a great day and enjoy your last days on set of #DarkShadows !
2 hours ago

And gee, does this mean Depp has been replaced?

AnotherTongue Another Tongue
IVAN KAYE is currently filming 'Dark Shadows' with Brad Pitt, wonder if he'll need a train to get there again... http://bit.ly/nciLVe
2 hours ago

Either that or up to this point they've really been keeping wraps on who's actually starring in the film along with Depp.  [b003]

::)  Some people, you really have to wonder how their minds work to mix up Depp and Pitt. And we won't even ask how Ivan Kaye comes into the picture for them...

And finally for now, it's looking like another big day for tweets about Hannah Murray's casting. One has to wonder if there were ever this many tweets for each of the main stars of the film when they were cast?!

253 days 13 hours 6 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 31, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »
PinewoodStudios Pinewood Studios
600 cakes in an hour! Great work @kr_shhh
3 hours ago

kr_shhh krysia whitty
@PinewoodStudios I know!!! Big credit to darkshadows set dec girls for organising!
2 hours ago

600 cakes?! I wonder if that is actually for DS?

And then there's this:

jackie1alex Jackie Alexander
A very productive day at Pinewood studios. Saw the talented Mr Tim Burton on Dark Shadows set, sadly Mr Depp with him @MandyRosaGraves
35 minutes ago

Hmmm - who knows why that would be "sadly"?

253 days 10 hours 43 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 31, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »
600 cakes?! I wonder if that is actually for DS?

Nope - there was a charity bake sale:

kr_shhh krysia whitty
Today there was a cake stall at @PinewoodStudios every cake was sold ( we made 700!) http://yfrog.com/nz8adj
2 hours ago

kr_shhh
All for charity, yey! @PinewoodStudios http://yfrog.com/h6t4dedj
2 hours ago

And a correction that makes her previous tweet rather confusing:

@jackie1alex @mandyrosagraves Err...Mr Depp was NOT with him x
44 minutes ago

253 days 10 hours 34 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 31, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »
@MandyRosaGraves missed out the word 'not' in original tweet #dumbsister
46 minutes ago

Ah - she meant to say it was sad that Depp was not with Burton. That makes much more sense.

253 days 10 hours 21 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 01, 2011, 04:13:44 AM »
No one at IMDB has brought any of it into question.

I doubt they would because most posters over there don't seem to have been following the early development of the film all that closely - or even some of the current developments. I've read all sorts of comments over there that would not have been made if they were following closely..

I guess I'm not the only one who's come to that conclusion:

J_J_Moore J.J. Moore
I swear I am going to have to stop reading the #IMDB message boards. Such uninformed posters, esp. in regards to #DarkShadows.
17 minutes ago

Though in their defense, not everyone has the time or the resources to keep up closely. Though with that being said, people should only approach IMDb for what it actually is and not as anything approaching a definitive site on movies/TV. There's way too much questionable info there across the board for it to ever be that...

253 days 0 hours 46 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 01, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »
At first when I saw dozens upon dozens of tweets about this, I thought people were fixating on some old post/news (trust me, they do that - there were tons of tweets the other day about a February article about Eva Green being cast), but no - the following article from the Hollywood Reporter is new and dated today:

Jonny Lee Miller, Chloe Moretz and Helena Bonham Carter Join Johnny Depp in 'Dark Shadows'

Saying the report is late would be an understatement - especially given that all four of them may actually be done shooting already or close to it if we can believe that shooting of the 1752 stuff starts at some point this week as per PimlicoRoad1/Keith Anderson's tweet. And what's even weirder is that  the HR article has spurred reports like this one:

'Dexter' Psycho Heads to Barnabas' Castle for 'Dark Shadows'

Have the people at Bloody Disgusting not been paying attention, too?! But at least Shock Till You Drop is on top of things:

STYDNews ShockTillYouDropNews
Wow, THR, you're months old with that Dark Shadows casting news.
19 minutes ago

252 days 12 hours 8 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 02, 2011, 03:03:55 AM »
I can't believe that people are STILL tweeting about the Hollywood Reporter article - there have been several tweets every hour without fail. And not only are numerous Web sites reporting about the article, some of the European news syndicates have picked it up like it's new news. It's just so bizarre. I mean, it's great that the news is spreading like wildfire. But it's just so bizarre that so many seem to have absolutely no clue that it's months-old news.

252 days 1 hour 56 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 02, 2011, 08:01:20 AM »
gintarebeinor Gintare
4am on my way to #PinewoodStudios #DarkShadows if I dont tweet in two hours then I fall asleep
4 hours ago

moon_tan .
@gintarebeinor Oh don't fall asleep honey. Important to finish scenes. Is Dark Shadows getting near finished? Still filming at Collinwood?
48 minutes ago

And, yes, they're STILL tweeting about it.  [ghost_rolleyes]

251 days 20 hours 58 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 02, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
I guess she fell asleep because there haven't been any more tweets from her.  [ghost_wink]

And STILL yes on the other front.

One of my favorite comments from one site is this:

"Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information."

Yup, news that's more than 4 months old is very up-to-date.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Though at least there are some people on Twitter whose memories aren't completely shot to hell, like:

tonycoog Tony Cogan
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that this film news is late by about 6 months hollywoodnews.com/2011/09/01/joh… #darkshadowsmovie
5 hours ago

But on a completely different front, there's this:

ChloeGMoretz
sprained ankle, hurts so. so. so. much.
6 hours ago

EthanJDurkin Ethan Durkin
@ChloeGMoretz :O I hope you get better soon! Have you had to postpone filming Dark Shadows?
6 hours ago

I wonder if she did it on set? Seems quite possible given the timing of her tweet...

And an update from Chris Mullen:

Darkershadeofme Chris Mullen
@Charlie628 that's a good balance.. i'm prod sec on the new tim burton film dark shadows which is awesome.. got about a month left!
6 hours ago

As well as this intriguing update:

dermotpower dermot power
ok...probably not my last day on Dark Shadows- illustrating the denouement; on set yesterday; looks wonderful
7 hours ago

251 days 13 hours 1 minute 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 02, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »
Pinewood has revamped their Web site and the very first image that comes up on the home page is a shot of the 007 Stage. It's actually beyond humongous.

Check out: Create Iconic Productions | Pinewood - Film studio facilities & services

It's also interesting that they're removed the old Barnabas/Julia photo from the announcement article for Depp/DS and replaced it with nothing. And it looks quite strange when one checks out the News section on the site and sees a photo for every article listed except the one for DS because all there is is a blank gray rectangle.  [ghost_rolleyes]  But apparently that's all Burton & Co. will allow - at least for now...

251 days 6 hours 9 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 03, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »
Hmmm - wonder what this is all about with regards to Chloe Moretz:

zeusofwar13 Fabooster!
I really hate when people get into other people's business :l http://ology.com/celebs-and-gossip/chloe-moretz-tweets-shes-hurt
9 hours ago

stiofandafyyd steveD
@zeusofwar13 Maybe that's why she deleted her last tweet :-/
9 hours ago

WLechnerMUC Wolfgang Lechner
@stiofandafyyd Which one? I thought the one about her ankle was her last. And thanks for the FF - it's highly appreciated... :)
9 hours ago

zeusofwar13
@stiofandafyyd what other tweet?
9 hours ago

stiofandafyyd
@zeusofwar13 @WLechnerMUC She said something about having such a great night. Then it was gone all of a sudden.
9 hours ago

zeusofwar13
@stiofandafyyd @wlechnermuc why would she delete that though?
9 hours ago

stiofandafyyd
@zeusofwar13 @wlechnermuc Have no idea, Leo :-/ Definitely surprised me.
9 hours ago

WLechnerMUC
@stiofandafyyd @zeusofwar13 I don't think she noticed that dumb website's post. Must be something else, like it was something secret...
9 hours ago

stiofandafyyd
@WLechnerMUC @zeusofwar13 Maybe a little wrap-up party for Dark Shadows? Still strange though. It was just a regular, innocent tweet.
9 hours ago

zeusofwar13
@WLechnerMUC @stiofandafyyd idk but I hope she's gonna be ok
9 hours ago

Though the bigger mystery is why that Web site thinks she's already shooting The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea[ghost_rolleyes]

250 days 20 hours 1 minute 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 03, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »
amazingly i still see the occasional "announcement" about the depp/burton film from DS fans on facebook and the surprised replies they start. [ghost_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 03, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »
It is amazing - and amazing that people are still tweeting about THR article.

But on a different front of amazing:

Robbiehayes Robbie Hayes
#Dark Shadows set is amazing, also saw Depp in full costume, very exciting and cant wait for the release..
19 minutes ago

250 days 10 hours 18 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 04, 2011, 04:32:57 AM »
Forgot to check Matthew Morris while checking tweets the last few days and I missed some things:

1mattmorris matthew morris
Filming at Pinewood studios friday.Looking forward to it!
31 Aug

1mattmorris
On my way to pinewood studios to film with johnny depp!
1 Sep

1mattmorris
Pinewaood studios is busy busy this morning!
2 Sep

1mattmorris
Waiting for hair and make up. Nice early time call!
2 Sep

And getting back to more current tweets:

TimLeCouch Tim the Couch
People-ings! Don't worry if I am Totes missing in action, this coming week. I am too busy filming "Dark Shadows" with Johnny Depp :)
1 hour ago

250 days 0 hours 27 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 04, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »
PhilipBloom Philip Bloom
3 days at Pinewood Studios with RED Europe and REDucation starting tomorrow to lean all about RED acquistion and post. #stillLearning #fb
2 hours ago

Rustmonster Russell Honeywell
@PhilipBloom If you her a break try and have a look at the sets for Snow White, Dark Shadows and if you're really sneaky, Prometheus!
56 minutes ago

Philip Bloom works in the industry as a cinematographer and filmmaker, and it's always interesting to see what people like that have to say about the DS sets.

From what I've seen on Twitter since posting the tweet from Robbie Hayes yesterday, it seems like he may have taken part in a special tour of Pinewood yesterday that included access to two sets, DS being one of them. Who knows how Burton and Co. allowed that.  [ghost_wink]  And they even got to see Depp in costume.  [ghost_shocked]  So, they probably now have representatives from the film living with them and following their every move to keep them from saying anything!  [ghost_grin]

249 days 12 hours 46 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!