Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719626 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As of 37 minutes ago on the Beckenham site, a second post on nPage 2 reveals they were shooting HBC climbing down the sheets...

289 days 5 hours 4 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That is a hoot!  I have no idea what that building could be representing.  It could be a stand-in for Collinwood, Angelique's house, or Windcliffe as you said.  I have a feeling this is going to be a very fun movie.

And I just about died when I saw the Collins Canning building!  What a dream come true!  (Though it does seem to be in pretty bad shape.  Yes, there is a hole in it!) 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, we're getting closer to a photo of a star because here's one of Tim Burton at the mansion earlier today:

Tim Burton on location

First an extra. Then the director. ...

289 days 4 hours 54 minutes 18 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another photo of Burton posted, this time to the Beckenham site 10 minutes ago.

289 days 3 hours 35 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
milesbrown24 Miles Brown
The scene shot this evening in #Beckenham Place Park for Dark Shadows can be seen here in HD, facebook.com/video/video.ph… @Beckenham
22 minutes ago

Presumably that's a stunt person doing the climbing down. Well, unless HBC was game and Burton allowed her to...

289 days 2 hours 39 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Darn.  Can't see the costume.

At least it's raining.   [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The idea of Julia having to escape from the padded cell at Windcliff is a hoot! 

And I know it upsets people, but this is sounding more and more like a Saturday Night Live skit that some very dedicated fans would put on who have been immersing themselves in the show for years...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This person seems to think it was HBC doing the climbing down:

brianstapleton1
@Beckenham No #JohnnyDepp but #HelenaBCarter filming a bedroom scene - well climbing out of one http://yfrog.com/kf5qepj
4 hours ago

He was there, so he may know. But then, who knows if he was close enough to really tell? (From the accompanying photo, one wouldn't think so.) And unfortunately the video doesn't show the person close enough and no one on set seems to identify the person by name...

289 days 0 hours 56 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The idea of Julia having to escape from the padded cell at Windcliff is a hoot!  

And I know it upsets people, but this is sounding more and more like a Saturday Night Live skit that some very dedicated fans would put on who have been immersing themselves in the show for years...

Actually, we know that Julia and Angelique have some reason to dislike each other that predates their involvement with Barnabas, And given that Eva Green was also shooting tonight, I have a suspicion that the escape is somehow related to that, with it either being a flashback to why they dislike one another or some new situation. But we shall see...

289 days 0 hours 48 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
SimonandLiz Hayhurst Consultancy
http://yfrog.com/kfc085j A couple more pics @Beckenham #TimBurton #JohnnyDepp shoot - great night!
2 hours ago

Actually four more photos (including that second one of Burton) because I must have missed the earlier tweet(s).

289 days 0 hours 37 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
It looks like there is rain falling in the last picture of the four MB just posted a link to, and the second one sort of shows a profile of the front of the house, which is very reminiscent of the Old House. Perhaps that's what this set is supposed to be? I was wondering if there was going to be an Old House at all in this movie since the press release from WB said that Barnabas comes home to find Collinwood in ruins and wants to fix it up. Perhaps Angelique has locked Julia in an upstairs bedroom in order to ambush Barnabas when he wakes up for the evening, and Julia has to climb out of the window in order to rescue him?

Either way, she sure did get a lot of sheets off that bed to reach all the way to the ground!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Actually, I just discovered the arlier tweet:

SimonandLiz
yfrog.com/kjgul4j Just got back from #JohnnyDepp filming at #beckenham - Great to watch filming - saw Tim Burton & Eva Green - see pics
3 hours ago

If that is Eva Green with Burton, it's really too bad that she must be the woman who's mostly hidden from view...

289 days 0 hours 27 minutes 52 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It looks like there is rain falling in the last picture of the four

They were using a rain machine during shooting. In the video some in the crew are huddled around tents while others are holding umbrellas.  [ghost_wink]

she sure did get a lot of sheets off that bed to reach all the way to the ground!

She surely did!  [ghost_grin]

289 days 0 hours 22 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
backtracking a bit i guess if this ivan kaye fellow has been cast as joshua(and not one of "present time" actors)we're not getting the traditional "everyone in the past looks just like someone from the present" routine. also there's been no indication that vicki(or anybody else for that matter)will be "travelling" back in time to the year 1772. it looks like it's just a straight forward flashback for the film's audience to see.

the "collins cannery" certainly looks dilapidated. unusable as a business in fact. if collinwood itself is in such disrepair i guess the family is supposed to be in financial dire straights? i wonder why that decision was made? if so how do they afford to pay domestic staff like a governess and a groundskeeper/handyman?

so many mysteries!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
those sheets don't look like they're saffron yellow...

if the candles aren't all blue that will be a major change from the original! [ghost_shocked]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.