Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720802 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OMG!  Michelle stole the Barnabas ring!  And she even put it on the right finger!

It does look like a Barnabas ring.  [snow_wink]

And speaking of IMDB, I see where last week DS climbed from #375 up to #227 based on several more articles about the upcoming movies of 2012, an article about DS being part of MTV's Movie Brawl poll, and, ironically, an article about Depp and Vanessa Paradis ringing in the New Year with their kids.

And speaking of those articles about the upcoming movies, apparently we missed some that mention DS:

50 Movies We Can't Wait to See in 2012

10 películas geek de 2012 que no hay que perderse
(Not in English - but you should be able to translate it with your browser.)

A Look Ahead at the Films of 2012

25 Films We Want To See in 2012

And this list actually picks Frankenweenie over DS: Top 100 Most Anticipated Films of 2012: #52. Tim Burton's Frankenweenie
 [snow_mad]

And finally, and quite interestingly, this week DS fell a bit - down to #267 - despite the fact of all the online articles showcasing the new photo of Barn and Liz...

112 days 11 hours 26 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Lots of lists!

And speaking of IMDB, on the message board, someone linked to this larger image of the new Barnabas still.  It's VERY Burton. Not liking it too much.  And, more frighteningly that the pose and the expression, which I am not too wild about, look at the background.  What is the "poster" to the far left and what is on top of the mantle? 

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/390/ajhu1shciaa22usjpglarge.jpg

I would feel better if I knew the context of this...  You have one great still with Barn and Liz and then you have this one.  Then again, we could tell the context with the previous one.  Here, we have no idea where he is.  My best guess would be Angelique's place.  At least, I am hoping it isn't Collinwood, unless it's one of the kids' bedrooms.  There's just too much "stuff" strung about that neither looks old nor creepy.   [snow_strange]

But, it's just another clue to the mystery...  A trailer would help a lot.   [snow_cry]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Interesting photo.  Thanks, Cousin, for the link.  The Fu Manchu fingernails don't work for me.  Neither does the Dresden dolls lipstick.  Ah well.

DS was referenced as well in a short article about a proposed Dracula series for NBC, possibly in the Fall of 2012.  The journalist managed to spell Barnabas correctly and mentioned the Burton-Depp confection.  Otherwise, there was really no point to posting the link here.

Best, Gothick

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Cousin_Barnabas. Glad to see more bloggers looking for the trailer too. http://collider.com/dark-shadows-movie-image-2/139131/

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Interesting photo.  I've noticed in other photos, the length of the finger-nails.  I also believe the fingers themselves are extended considerably.  How strange. 

If someone who looked like this were to show-up at your door, claiming to be a long-lost cousin, would you welcome him into your home?  Embrace him as family?  I'm afraid they may be going a bit too over-board with the "freaky" look.  After all, we have to be able to suspend our disbelief.  That will be a lot to ask, in this case.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Those finger-nails would have gotten my attention real fast. Warner Bros. Pictures tweeted the pics very recently:  https://twitter.com/#!/wbpictures/status/160140791967256577

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Bleh. I have never liked the fingernails and like them even less in their closeup. But Michelle looks great!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I didn't realize you could enlarge the photo to this size. Can anyone identify that poster on the wall in the background?
http://twitpic.com/89a8dh/full

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Cousin.  I thought it was a LZ poster but I couldn't confirm it. Thanks so much.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
My pleasure ♥

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
So Carolyn's room? 

RachelDrummand

Must be unless Roger is into that sort of thing. Or David.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I'm guessing it's Carolyn's room as the character likes Alice Cooper; David is probably too young for that band but who knows. Good point VictoriaWinters1991. It could be Roger's room since this is a Tim Burton movie. jk

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
every time a new picture appears the crazies over on FB come out of the woodwork.

i don't understand this whole obsession with the notion of whether or not one is a "real" fan. it gets thrown around like some sort of insult. as if someone would sit around and watch 1200 episodes of an old television show if they didn't like it.

anyone who isn't beside themselves about depp's fingernails is hysterically told that they're not a "real fan". whatevs. [snow_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.