Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716889 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Same thing on Firefox...  Hmmm...  There is definitely something going on. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That error probably means someone accidentally screwed up the execute permission on the Web site's root directory. (The root directory is what the / stands for.) And the most likely way that would have happened is if they were doing something. Of course, we have no idea what exactly they were doing. But they did something. And something is better than nothing. And they're likely to catch the problem once they go back to do something else...

97 days 20 hours 41 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I think it's fantastic that they are giving us something new to speculate over.  At least it has distracted us from the trailer issue... [snow_tongue]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
EW listed the DS movie No. 8 as the top 25 movies it can't wait to see this year.
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20566680,00.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Definitely nice to see DS on the list. And it's nice to see the films listed in their order of release because that makes all the films included equal in anticipation.

Changing reels: considering there doesn't seem to be a peep anywhere about a DS trailer, I suspect it's safe to presume that nothing came out with any of this week's new films. Oh, well. But as I suggested a while back, I suppose we just have to keep thinking that every week that goes by brings us one week closer to when the trailer will actually come out...

97 days 10 hours 45 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I wasn't able to find the photos in question, but I don't think I ever saved a link to her DS group- I only found her page as an actor/director, and other DS groups I know of don't seem to be the one.

mdscntst, Cody has a few Fb pages, but the one with the photos that michael c mentioned is a closed group.  The link to it is on one of her public pages, or search for Kathleen's Dark Shadows Friends to join.

I see she belatedly admitted her mistakes about the photoshopped and misattributed pictures.  If only some of the fans posting in those same threads were also willing to open their minds a little, geezus.  One wants no changes to the original show at all, one lumps any fan into that group who brings up any valid criticism about the new take...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Didn't somebody report a rumor that Burton's not releasing a trailer until March?

G.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
mdscntst, Cody has a few Fb pages, but the one with the photos that michael c mentioned is a closed group.  The link to it is on one of her public pages, or search for Kathleen's Dark Shadows Friends to join.

I see she belatedly admitted her mistakes about the photoshopped and misattributed pictures.  If only some of the fans posting in those same threads were also willing to open their minds a little, geezus.  One wants no changes to the original show at all, one lumps any fan into that group who brings up any valid criticism about the new take...

Thanks Midnite!  I did eventually find the group and saw that it was closed.  From the sound of it, I don't think it's a group I'd care to join, so I didn't ask for an invite and haven't seen the photos.  But I'm happy to hear that she came clean about them.  That's the important thing!

By the way, I saw somewhere in passing on one of the Depp forums that they saw a tweet about no DS trailer being ready.  I wasn't familiar with the name the tweet was from, so I can't attest as to its validity, but it's disappointing to hear.  I might see The Woman In Black this weekend and I was so hoping there might be a nice surprise of a trailer attached, but I guess not  [snow_sad]  By the way I was browsing through some old information I had, and noticed that the Sweeney Todd trailer wasn't released until October and the film came out in December, so that wasn't a very long lead time, either  [snow_sad]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Didn't somebody report a rumor that Burton's not releasing a trailer until March?

Cousin_Barnabas mentioned the other day that there are upcoming February and March releases from Warner Brothers that a DS trailer could be tied too - but that's all that comes to mind. If there is that rumor, no one posted about it here.  [snow_smiley]

By the way, I saw somewhere in passing on one of the Depp forums that they saw a tweet about no DS trailer being ready.  I wasn't familiar with the name the tweet was from, so I can't attest as to its validity, but it's disappointing to hear.  I might see The Woman In Black this weekend and I was so hoping there might be a nice surprise of a trailer attached, but I guess not  [snow_sad]  By the way I was browsing through some old information I had, and noticed that the Sweeney Todd trailer wasn't released until October and the film came out in December, so that wasn't a very long lead time, either  [snow_sad]

I tracked down the tweet on Twitter (thanks for the heads up  [snow_smiley]):

JessicaDwyer Jessica Dwyer
Just got word from the studio, don't be expecting a #DarkShadows trailer on the Super Bowl. They don't have a trailer yet.
1 Feb

I am familiar with her name, but I think it's only because I've seen some of her DS tweets in the past. And I'm pretty sure I've never shared any of them, mostly because she was tweeting news that we already knew. Though in this case, if it is true that someone at Warner Brothers told her that there isn't a trailer yet, then that would definitely be news we haven't heard before. Though, of course, the part about the Super Bowl we already knew - but only because Warner Brothers isn't buying any Super Bowl time this year.

All that being said, though, IF DS follows the same pattern as Sweeney Todd, maybe it really will be March before we see a trailer...

97 days 8 hours 37 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
IMDB tweeted yesterday that they hadn't heard an official release date for the DS trailer, so maybe she picked it up from them.   [snow_huh]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
She makes it sound as if she heard directly from Warner Brothers. But I haven't paid enough attention to her tweets to have an opinion as to whether she might exaggerate or whether she has actual connections within the entertainment industry...

97 days 6 hours 57 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It seems Dwyer's Twitter posting may be going viral. It was referenced by this site. Probably didn't need to click on the translate button.
http://www.deppheaven.com/johnnydeppitalia/2012/02/03/il-trailer-di-dark-shadows-non-e-ancora-pronto/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Which reminds me.  There are so many posts about Dark Shadows from other countries.  While I don't know how it will do in Britain, I think it's going to be a smash in the Americas and other parts of Europe. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That could be true especially having JD as an international star. The question is going to be for them, "what is Dark Shadows?" that is WB's issue. Speaking of WB this may be a reason why they sat out the Superbowl.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/will-studios-waste-money-on-their-super-bowl-ads/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
In all probability that is the reason. As I said earlier, Warner Brothers probably doesn't think they'd get enough bang for their buck. Though at the same time airing the right sort of trailer during the Super Bowl might have been a way to help to attract a male audience. But I guess Warner Brothers didn't think that was even worth a try. Perhaps they even think that a sizable portion of the male audience already thinks like the people who developed the Audi ad that's going to run, so running a trailer for a vampire movie like DS during the Super Bowl would have been a waste in trying to attract them. Who knows?  [snow_undecided]

96 days 21 hours 56 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!