Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716664 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It could also be that they want to include a particular sequence in the first trailer so that the trailer will really grab an audience but it's taking a long time to get that sequence's special effects just the way they want them. Sometimes it takes months and months to get certain things just right. And perhaps they don't want to release a trailer without that sequence.

As for releasing a poster - even a teaser poster - I don't know what the holdup could be there. But wanting to wait until DS can get more pre-release attention makes as much sense as anything else.  [santa_wink]

142 days 11 hours 44 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**TWO NEW PHOTOS!! Reply #1264**) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1786 on: December 21, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »
And I also keep reminding myself that it's not likely that anyone would have described Ben Cross as handsome when he was in his vampire makeup behind the scenes while shooting the '91 Series.

Speaking of Cross' vampire makeup, I'd completely forgotten how pale he looks on camera during the 1790 storyline:

And if it looks that pale on camera, can you just imagine how pale it looked in person? Sort of puts those Depp paparazzi photos into a bit of perspective. Though I still suspect that Depp's Barn is wearing some sort of sunscreen in that beach scene...

141 days 10 hours 21 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1787 on: December 21, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
In light of the discussion about "when are we going to see a trailer for a movie that's slated to come out in a little more than 20 weeks," I found it interesting that the first trailer for The Hobbit, which isn't opening until a year from now, has been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc&feature=g-logo&context=G2881673FOAAAAAAACAA

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yes, I saw where The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey trailer has been released. In fact, Access Hollywood promoted that they are going to show it on tonight's installment. But we're not jealous. Nope. Not at all...

Changing reels, it's interesting that it seems to have taken so long for word about the underwater production photo to get out to other sites. It wasn't until yesterday that I saw mention of it posted on some other DS sites. And then today I received the first Google alert for a non-DS site: horror site shockya.com. But now that it's finally gotten out to that type of site, it'll probably spread like wildfire because we know how they jump on one another's postings...

141 days 3 hours 34 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A topic on the Kingdom Hearts insider forum about the DS film:

Dark Shadows

And apparently someone in the topic is trying to imply that the cast photo is ripping off American Horror Story's opening credits. Huh? The cast photo was taken like 5 months before AHS came on FX and even almost as long before it was being shot. Quite obviously that person doesn't realize that. But then nothing prevents people from engaging in uninformed rambling on the Internet, now does it...

And following up on something from yesterday, as expected, several Web sites have now picked up on the underwater photo...

140 days 9 hours 41 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - just came across a Google Alert for this video in which Eva Green talks about playing Angelique:

Eva Green talks Dark Shadows

I wonder when this interview was conducted? Perfect Sense came out in Europe on October 7th - and it doesn't come out in the US until February 10th - yet the posting is dated December 17th. I suspect it must be from the press she did in September - but it's interesting that it didn't surface until now...

140 days 9 hours 31 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I watched American Horror Story every week, but I don't recall anything about the title sequence that looks remotely like the DS cast photo   [santa_rolleyes]   [santa_grin]  About the show itself, I guess Michelle Pfeiffer's hairstyle is a little like Connie Britton's, and Chloe Moretz might be vaguely reminiscent of Taissa Farmiga's, but...I'm grasping at straws!

MB, I think you're probably right that the Eva Green snippet was probably from the earlier press and only just got uploaded to YouTube.  I wish it was a little longer, but it was nice to see, thanks!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
While catching up on/posting links to articles about The Vampire Diaries, I just came across this:

What Vampire Movies Are Coming Soon to a Theater Near You?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Quote from: ShadowGram
"To celebrate, the DS Festival & Official Fan Club will present a special DARK SHADOWS MOVIE PREMIERE PARTY on Thursday, May 10, at the Vista Theatre in Hollywood. The event will include a midnight screening of the new movie and other surprises, along with in-person appearances by original DS series actors. New DS memorabilia will be offered and autographs from the stars will be available.

OMG!  [faint2]

139 days 10 hours 51 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
loril54 thanks for posting this! Fantastic news.

General question to anyone: Don't they also have an east coast movie screening premiere with the actors from the movie? If so when do they normally have it (from the date of the movie's official opening) and is it generally open to the public? Is the Fest going to do anything with the movie's premiere on the East coast as well although I understand obviously that the o/s actors can't be in two places at the same time. I hope the Fest does something on the east coast regarding the movie's premiere.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I suspect that the way this is being handled is that the Vista Theatre premiere is a fan event, while an East Coast premiere or even an additional West Coast premiere event will be the actual premiere and will probably take place at least a few days before the Vista event. It may even take place a week or more before it.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I am hoping that they will do what they did with the 1991 NBC premiere event held in New York. I believe it was about a week before the official air date.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Though the premiere event for the '91 Series wasn't like a typical premiere event, mainly because it was for a TV show and not a film. If they do have the typical film premiere on the East Coast, or even if it's held as a separate West Coast event apart from the Vista event, it would be very difficult for any of us to get tickets. For one, tickets are routinely distributed to and/or bought up by industry types, leaving very few for the public. And for two, film premieres often support charities - and if that were to happen with the DS premiere, heavens knows what the price of any available tickets might be?

What's being done with the Vista showing is pretty much a glorified midnight showing. There are likely to be midnight showings of DS all over the country because that's basically what's done with tentpole films these days. (And that's why the forum's countdown is counting down to 12am ET on May 11th.) The only thing that will make the Vista showing different is that it will be a fan event with extras thrown in.

139 days 8 hours 10 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That is all true. I just wish I could attend the premiere event in NY. I might have to scalp jk or check Ebay. Then I would have to deal with the charity expense. In any event all this talk is getting me real excited about the movie.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Will 'Dark Shadows Festival' web-site have info on hotel rooms and tickets and fan events?  They need to get started soon so people can make arrangements. Would that not make the most wonderful Christmas gift ever to be able to attend the premier?   [8_2_81]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf