Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716789 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Thanks all, it's working not. I think Robert Cobert should get a credit.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
what's sort of odd is that "horror" fans and "horror" magazines are lamenting the lack of "horror".

but really DS isn't and never was a true "horror". it was first and formost a soap opera with some gothic and horror elements. but it was never, ever truly "scary".

Even DC had said that DS is not horror. He had gone on record several times as saying that it is a blending of romance and the supernatural, but at its core it's the darkly romantic elements of DS that are by far what truly make DS DS and are more important than the supernatural elements. Though as I've said, one certainly suspects he came to that realization after he'd done hoDS. And quite possibly many of the horror magazines that are lamenting the lack of "horror" in the new film were expecting Depp/Burton to hew more closely to hoDS. Though if so, I don't really know why they would think that given that the original series certainly didn't. If anything, it's hoDS that's the biggest aberration in the current DS universe.

37 days 7 hours 42 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Sad thing is, I know alot of people, fans of the original that would never go to a fest, that were very excited about this new movie. Now they are because it looks like a comedy. It would be very sad if this movies fails because it is begining marketed as a comedy when it really is a dark, gothic love story with a vampire and a little humor.

If it isn't a comedy I hope they let everyone know before it's to late.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for your assistance. It is still in the buffering mode. I'll try the recommended steps later tonight.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
I only dipped into a couple of the tracks, but the music actually sounds interesting. Must be the Cobert influence that saves it from the usual phoned-in quality of other Elfman scores. [easter_evil]

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
OT a bit. Very odd I can't seem to play the DS soundtrack on my PC. I use Windows 7 IE9 and when I hit play it stays in the buffering state forever. I see something like javascript niftyplayer 1 when I hover the track number but there is no mechanism to enable that. When I right click over the buffering "looped" is checked but it doesn't work if it is checked or not. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I had the same problem & it seems that WB sites don't like IE. For example, I could never see any of the flash 'animation' on the main movie site while viewing it through IE, but could see it viewing Google Chrome! And likewise, it allowed me to listen to the samples with the Chrome browser.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
I had no trouble in Safari. Maybe try Firefox?

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
On IE for you refresh the page it should work. It did for me.

It feels like this should be off topic but it isn't. This Sat. at 10PM Eastern Alice Cooper will be on That Metal Show on VH1. I'm sure he'll talk about his new album "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" but he may also talk about the new movie he's in.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I have been refreshing the screen all day; I have deleted my my cookies, done everything possible. Thanks  Sara Monster for your help. I wrote to the website and the matter is being brought to the webmaster's attention.

Re: Famous Monsters of Filmland interview with Tim Burton Issue 261 June, 2012 Burton had this to say in response to the concerns of pleasing the massive Dark Shadows fanbase, "I've always had the ability to make anything seem kind of cheesy. I hope we don't upset too many people". That was the last line in the article about the new movie.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Must be the Cobert influence that saves it from the usual phoned-in quality of other Elfman scores. [easter_evil]

Ooh, meeOWW!!!  [easter_grin]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Strange that some of you can't play the soundtrack, especially in IE.  I have a very old version of IE (maybe from about three "up-dates" back, maybe less, I don't remember) because every time it's had an update, everything gets screwed up, so I avoid them (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).  And yet, when I open the website and click on the tracks, they play immediately with no buffering whatsoever.

Gerard

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Gerard it is really frustrating but hopefully I will get it to work. Thanks.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I downloaded Chrome and got the soundtrack to work. As PennyDreadful said it gives one a glimmer of hope. I do like the soundtrack for sure.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
i could play it fine on a pc with windows 7 using IE8

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The May issue of Empire is going to make more fans upset with HBC, but will make fans love Michelle Pfeiffer even more.  And it's also going to help shed some light on comments by Tim Burton, who I now believe really does love the show.  I'm just going to say that HBC seems to have influenced some of his decisions a little bit more than than I'd care for her to, and this is by his own admission.