Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716935 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
As I understand it any paying member of IMDB can make changes. I really don't know for sure because I'm not a paying member.

I'm hoping we get more trailers that show different aspects of the movie. This is showing the comedy. I'm hoping for one that shows the gothic side of things and maybe one that shows the horror side. We still have enough time for that.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I've been a paying member of IMDbPro since the casting for the film began. So, maybe I could edit the listing to say the film is Sci-Fi and it's about vampires from Mars who invade Earth. But I'm not about to try.  [snow_wink]

51 days 3 hours 0 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
what is vicki doing in that straight jacket, anyways?

her hair suddenly looks darker, more "brunette", in the recent images. love the posters.

can those perhaps be offered as avatars?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
love the posters.

can those perhaps be offered as avatars?

Indeed they could. I'll see what I can do about that as soon as I get the chance.  [snow_smiley]

51 days 2 hours 19 minutes 35 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
They're all available. Choose "Forum Profile" from the "Profile" drop-down menu in the main menu. Then choose "Choose avatar from gallery" under the "Personalized Picture" heading. Then click on "DeppDS" from the directories listed. Then pick which character from the film you'd like to use. And finally be sure to scroll down and click the "Change profile" button.

51 days 1 hours 3 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
On the plus side, the new Burton/Depp DS is definitely getting people interested in watching the classic show.  Friends who've always expressed mild interest in "checking it out someday" are finally watching.  People online have been telling me they've started watching it on Netflix.  Most responses have been positive, with the exception on one remark about the "slow as molasses pacing."  I told them it wasn't made for the internet generation and that they needed to repeat stuff for those who might have missed a day or two. :D 

It's kind of neat that some are doing their homework to get a frame of reference for the new movie.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
On the topic of "horror", I'm on episode 875 (deep into the 1897 storyline), and I'm having trouble recounting the last time I've seen anything on the show I'd even classify as "horror"...
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Madsncst I am glad that I mentioned my Facebook page. Again it was not a plug but some of the DS pages are very nasty However,  again a friend and I moderate my page and do not tolerate attacks or anything of the sort. I also frequently mention this site telling people they should come here if they want to talk about DS in a civil manner.

As for people who never watched the original.  I have 8 friends from my hometown who are coming to where I live now for a mini reunion the night the movie premieres. They have heard me talk about DS as long as I have known them yet they (except my best friend) have never cared to check out the original.  They just knew how much I adored DS.  When the trailer came out one of them contacted me and ask if we could all meet to watch the movie.  Of course I am thrilled.  And those who had never watched the original all told me they were going to start getting the original from Netflix after watching the movie. In my mind that is a great thing.  I never could get  them interested but apparently this trailer has struck a chord with them. And I couldn't be happier.

Again, I will be there opening night with an open heart and open mind......
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Just within the past few days such denials have come from Seth Grahame-Smith, Richard Zanuck, Tim Burton, Fangoria's editor-in-chief Chris Alexander, and even David Selby. It's like two different films exist and each camp is seeing a different version.
To my knowledge, Selby has made no comment since the trailer was released. His Facebook and Twitter pages have reposted comments from other sources, but I'm unaware of a direct statement from him.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
On the topic of "horror", I'm on episode 875 (deep into the 1897 storyline), and I'm having trouble recounting the last time I've seen anything on the show I'd even classify as "horror"...

Maybe not by modern standards, but every single supernatural character on DS is from the Horror realm.  Many of the early Barnabas episodes played out like scenes from Bela Lugosi's Dracula.  There is some stuff from the Adam storyline that is similar to the original Universal Frankenstein trilogy (Frankenstein through Son).  And much of Chris's story is like that of The Wolf Man...  Every time someone gets bitten or attacked, it's definitely horror-related.  (There is just no other genre to put it in.)  And there are some pretty gruesome things in the series... especially by 1960s daytime TV standards. 

Original Series Episode 632 Spoiler:
[spoiler]
The death of Mr. Wells is especially frightening.  [/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
To my knowledge, Selby has made no comment since the trailer was released. His Facebook and Twitter pages have reposted comments from other sources, but I'm unaware of a direct statement from him.

I was referring to a comment that someone made that something had been posted on Twitter in the past few days. Though I do have to confess that I didn't check out his Twitter account for myself, so the comment could have very well been something that Selby had originally said elsewhere first.  [snow_smiley]  The comment was supposedly something along the lines that there would be things in the new film that will please original fans. And actually I didn't question the validity of what the person relaying the comment indicated Selby had said because I believe that I'd read a comment from Selby where he said something very similar to that - but yes, it was before the trailer's release.

50 days 22 hours 38 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
"If they're gonna f**k up DS, I'd rather Tim Burton f**k it up than anybody else."  - Friend of mine
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Chloe Moretz to Receive CinemaCon Female Star of Tomorrow Award
The actress, whose next role is in Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows," will be honored at the closing night awards ceremony on April 26.

It's looking more and more like she's going to be a big draw for the film.

50 days 4 hours 59 minutes 52 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I just did some scrolling through the trailer in high def, and there are a few genuinely creepy images in there!  One thing that I hadn't noticed before, because it goes by so very fast, is when Angelique does that flip of her head:  she looks like she'd been shattered and pieced back together, even with a few stitches here and there.

I'm really loving the production design, and I think it's really interesting how they were able to blend in elements of Seaview Terrace, Lyndhurst, and Greystone into the new Collinwood.  The basic shape of the exterior is inspired by Seaview Terrace, with gothic elements and stone texture reminiscent of Lyndhurst and Greystone.  And the grand foyer, looking toward the staircase, is very much like the staircase of Greystone as it was dressed for the Old House (even including a big window at the intermediate landing, where Greystone actually has a door).

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Everytime I see the house I think of Scooby Doo, but that's just me. The house at this point really important to me. The story is everything.
May you die before you want too.