Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717448 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #765 on: August 04, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
Exactly, madscntst!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 04, 2011, 10:52:53 PM »
Hmmm...

pr_ttyheartache Loren Harper
My photoshoot just got cancelled... again *sigh*. We were going to the Dark Shadows set as well *sighx2*
17 minutes ago

280 days 6 hours 7 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 05, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
DarkShadowsNews
New photograph of Jonathan Frid at @PinewoodStudios to film Tim Burton's #DarkShadows posted: http://tinyurl.com/3mlcblr
4 hours ago

279 days 15 hours 29 minutes 2 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 05, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
Wow, very cool! Thanks, MB!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 05, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »
Nice to see.

I wish Nancy Barrett and Alex Moltke were doing cameos, too. 

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 05, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »
Definitely! But alas...

And this guy's tweets get more interesting by the day:

Rillus
When you get a lot of actors together, there's bound to be drama.
4 hours ago

Rillus
Been on set now down at Angel Bay - epic set! I also know a lot about fish canning now... More than I ever wanted... #darkShadows
1 hour ago

Who knows what he's doing on the film? But I'm looking forward to finding out. And I had to laugh at this one:

Rillus
Missed my train and I blame Tim Burton. It's about time he took responsibility for stuff going wrong in my life.
18 minutes ago

279 days 10 hours 22 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 05, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
for some reason i find it highly entertaining that the fish cannery...of all obscure things...appears to be factoring somewhat largely in this film. burton is not a realist. how a fish cannery will be depicted and why is getting curiouser and curiouser.

doesn't the "spoiler thread" say that [spoiler]a major character will die in the film? how about death at the hands of fish canning equipment.[/spoiler]

i forget did the 1991 version even mention the cannery? i don't recall it factoring into the story at all.

(edited by admin)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 05, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
I really wish that the image of Frid had a higher resolution.  I want to analyze that sign with his name on it.  Clearly it is the original Dark Shadows logo.  I just can't tell if it is on a new design or something we have seen before.  And if the text underneath refers to the original series.  If not, it may be a prototype or a working logo they are using for the movie.  One can only hope.   [ghost_wink]  

As for the fish cannery...  I, for one, am really excited about seeing this.  It was a huge part of the first part of the series, one of my favorite eras, and yet we only got to see a little bit of it.  It would appear that Tim is trying to strike a balance between the first year and the subsequent supernatural years, and that is something I am looking forward to with great relish.  From what we have seen, I, personally, think that Burton is taking a different approach with this film.  The large focus on such real-life elements, the sailor costumes, the sets we have seen of the cannery, etc. seem to bring this thing down to a level we are not familiar seeing with Burton.  I really am excited to see how it all comes together with the supernatural elements. 

Still think Chris Lee should play Bill Malloy.   [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 05, 2011, 10:55:59 PM »
A reminder from the "Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers" topic:
Note from the admins:

... and we kindly ask that any sorts of references to anything that gets posted to this topic be completely limited to this topic alone so that people who choose to avoid spoilers can remain completely spoiler free.

Thanks!  [ghost_smiley]

Thankfully Midnite was able to add the spoiler tag to the spoiler that inadvertently slipped into this topic, so I didn't see it - and hopefully anyone else who is trying to avoid spoilers missed it as well. But please let that be the one and only spoiler reference in this topic. As previously requested, please limit any and all references to spoilers to the spoilers topic.

Thanks again.  [ghost_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 06, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »
Twelve more photos of the Collinwood exterior set have just recently been posted on chloegmoretz.com - though unlike the others, these come with a bit of a spoiler to them, so if you don't want to know, don't check them out.  The link to the photos is in the spoiler because the title of the article gives the spoiler away. Not smart. But, hey, people do it.  [ghost_huh]

[spoiler]Location filming for Dark Shadows comes to a fiery end[/spoiler]

279 days 4 hours 44 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 06, 2011, 12:30:07 AM »
Thanks for sharing those pics, MB. 

Hmmmm.  [spoiler]Wasn't expecting that, but it's been done before.  Always felt it was a good ending... just wasn't expecting an ending in this film. But, we don't know where this takes place in the whole scheme of things. [/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 06, 2011, 12:40:25 AM »
CoveredInHair David Garlick
How's this for weird - got a txt today asking if I want a role in the new Burton/Depp film Dark Shadows? Filming Thursday? Mind boggle
2 hours ago

It's wild how someone justs asks these people to be in the film. Where's the struggle, the auditions? But then, I guess it just comes easy to some - especially if all they might be doing is being an extra.  [ghost_wink]

279 days 4 hours 19 minutes 35 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 06, 2011, 12:50:35 AM »
But, we don't know where this takes place in the whole scheme of things.

No we don't - which is why I said it's a bit of a spoiler because we have no idea what the time frame is. And any discussion of that and the incident itself would be complete and pure speculation - and complete and pure speculation is more than welcome in this topic.  [ghost_wink]

And with that being said,[spoiler]the fire obviously takes place when the house isn't run down. So that either means that the fire takes place at some point in the past or that the house will be fixed up at some point in the present...[/spoiler]

Either way, it should prove interesting...

279 days 4 hours 9 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 06, 2011, 01:00:23 AM »
Definitely!  And great observations!

[spoiler]I am really thinking that this was something which happened in the past.  It would make a great end to the 1772 segment, however long that will be.  But, of course, something like this happening in the present is also a viable option.  Maybe Barnabas offers to restores Collinwood instead of the Old House!  Good old Cousin Barnabas, always wanting to fix things up!  [ghost_cheesy]  [/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 06, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
paulmartinsmith
Took the girls up to the Dark Shadows set in the Bourne Woods http://twitpic.com/61uyhz
56 minutes ago

And again, you may not want to check it out - though without having checked out chloegmoretz.com, you may not even pick up anything...

278 days 13 hours 41 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!