Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717179 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #675 on: July 25, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »
That sign looks just like the one that was (is?) at the Collinwood exterior set.  [ghost_wink]

This time this tweet came up that does indeed mention DS:

tomwarren
Johnny Depp filming Dark Shadows in Beckenham Place Park tonight/tomorrow
8 hours ago

Last time only tweets made during the past 4 hours came up and then Twitter displayed a notice that "Older Tweet results are unavailable." That's been happening a lot lately. But not this time.  [ghost_smiley] And there are actually quite a few tweets if one searches using Depp's name - though all they say is that he's expected to shoot there. Some also say to post photos at the site jimbo linked to, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone manages to catch Depp or any of the other stars, or if it will be like the Collinwood exterior set where everyone was kept at bay by security guards and German Shepherds...

In other Twitter news there's this puzzling tweet (which was made in response to a July 6th tweet about the Collinwood exterior set):

heather_p32
@TimBurtonNews I live just nearby & annoyingly was pencilled in to work on "Dark Shadows" too.
2 hours ago

Why would working there be annoying. Many of us would practically kill at the chance!  [ghost_grin]

291 days 2 hours 36 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 25, 2011, 02:25:51 AM »
Barnabas learns to play golf, the true gentleman's sport...   [ghost_cheesy]  Wonder if they are just using the grounds or actually are going to have a country-club Roger.   [ghost_rolleyes]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That would be a hoot and a half, Cousin_Barnabas!  [ghost_cheesy]

291 days 2 hours 0 minutes 43 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 25, 2011, 08:33:04 AM »
They're back:

CapnZeus
Another day filming on Dark Shadows (@ Pinewood Studios) http://4sq.com/oKi5Kj
1 hour ago

(And. frustratingly, another something that only his friends on foursquare.com can see.  [ghost_rolleyes])

Phoenix_James
Morning world! Who's awake, where are you & what are you doing? I'm on a bus to Euston to catch a coach for @PinewoodStudios for film shoot.
5 hours ago

Phoenix_James
Safely arrived back @PinewoodStudios for movie Dark Shadows. Been in hair & make-up getting my wig & sideburns put on. Now having breakfast.
1 hour ago

And he's back a Pinewood (even though I don't think we've seen anything from him before):

DavidLyddon
am at pinewood for some more dark shadows:)
2 hours ago

I love this one:

FreakWithRights Serena-Saurus.
@ChelseyMooreX Need Desperate help! How am I supposed to react if I see the cast of Dark Shadows?! Tim Burton, Helena.B.Carter, AND DEPP!
2 hours ago

And there's this exchange:

LadyMissEllen Ellen Crawshaw
@TobySpanton Ah, I've heard about that one! Hope it's good. Just finished Richard II (medieval, Shakespeare) and on Dark Shadows today. x
18 minutes ago

TobySpanton
@LadyMissEllen Great to be busy isn't it! Enjoy Dark Shadows, I'd like to do some of that just to see their sets, I've heard they're great.
1 minute ago

290 days 20 hours 26 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 25, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »
More of the exchange:

LadyMissEllen
@TobySpanton I know! There's lots on, innit?! The sets are beyond amazing. I WANT TO LIVE HERE!
6 hours ago

moon_tan
@LadyMissEllen @TobySpanton I can't wait to see the new Dark Shadows movie in 2012, but please NO rock n roll soundtrack
2 hours ago

And this one is funny:

abramwelsh
I get booked for Dark Shadows @ Pinewood 32 miles from home. I don't get booked for Dark Shadows @ Beckenham 3 miles from home. fnar! fnar!
5 hours ago

And who knows if this is true or not:

KateNelson999 Kate Nelson
Security at Beckenham Place Park insist only extras will be filming there for Dark Shadows from tomorrow- no Johnny Depp ever...so they say
15 minutes ago

But hey - at this point I'd even take photos of only extras over no photos of anyone.  [ghost_grin]

290 days 13 hours 4 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 25, 2011, 04:16:40 PM »
The Beckenham site was updated 8 minutes ago. Apparently there are conflicting reports as some say only extras, while others say Depp will be shooting. However, as we learned with these types of situations with the whole Ashville debacle, just because someone says something about Depp presence (or future presence), that doesn't make it true...

290 days 12 hours 43 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another place requesting photos: Johnny Depp shooting for film Dark Shadows in Beckenham Place Park

And I don't know where this person got this info, but...

AnotherTongue
IVAN KAYE is filming new Tim Burton film 'Dark Shadows' where he plays Johnny Depp's father.
39 minutes ago

290 days 11 hours 26 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
According to this tweet from yesterday afternoon:

clairehogg Claire Hogg
@Beckenham Sadly very little going on there at the moment! Though it looks like they're filming on the golf course in front of the mansion!
22 hours ago

Several photos of the mansion can be found here:

The Friends of Beckenham Place Park
Mansion Picture Gallery

And if you scroll down on the about page of The Friends of Beckenham Place Park's site, there's a good photo of the front of the mansion.

It would be quite interesting IF the mansion is playing the part of the Old House IF there's even an Old House in the film. But who knows...

290 days 10 hours 6 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Phoenix_James
Its a wrap! Tiredness and sleep have been chasing me down have caught me and are kicking my ass right now as you read this. Send my bed.
1 hour ago

290 days 8 hours 22 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As of 5 minutes ago reports of "jumpy" and "on edge" security and lots of lorries (trucks) arriving at Beckenham Place Park. Security is telling people nothing is being shot until tomorrow night, but people are wondering if that's true or just a put on to get them to leave...

290 days 5 hours 40 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It would be quite interesting IF the mansion is playing the part of the Old House IF there's even an Old House in the film. But who knows...

That was my first thought.  And my second thought was perhaps the Liverpool home, from which the family is leaving at the beginning of the story.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Now the story security is telling is that shooting is taking place tonight but only inside the house. But to me that seems like more of a bigger fib than that they weren't going to shoot until tomorrow because why would they have to shoot inside the house at night? There are tarps specifically designed to drape over windows to block all the light to allow the shooting of night scenes during the day. (They were used at Lyndhurst for both DS movies and at Greystone for the '91 DS.) And somehow I think the production knows about them. But who knows? ... Though whether what's being said is true or not will come out eventually...

In other Twitter news:

RobNerantzoulis
I feel like I've done a whole days work already!! I have been working since 6am tho and I cud be working till 6pm!!
14 hours ago

RobNerantzoulis
It's been 13 hour working day! Dead.com
5 hours ago

RobNerantzoulis
Nearly home. Spent whole day on set 2day doin day 2 of a scene that's worth +-30secs! Amazing wat detail goes into a blockbusta,perfection!!
3 hours ago

290 days 3 hours 49 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
sethgs Seth Grahame-Smith
7,000 hours until #DarkShadows hits theaters!
8 minutes ago

I think I like counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds better.  [wink2]

290 days 3 hours 27 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A reply from Chris Mullen, who's working on the film as a production assistant:

Darkershadeofme
“@sethgs: 7,000 hours until #DarkShadows hits theaters!” < Is that all? I'd best start looking for my next job!! ;-)
9 minutes ago

And speaking of the film's crew, I keep forgetting to mention that I happened to check the list on IMDb the other day and was quite surprised to see that it's grown by leaps and bounds and is now quite lengthy. It's interesting that besides Eva Green, Bella Heathcote also has a dialect coach. But then I suppose that's not a surprise given that she's Australian...

Also, I'm not sure when it happened, but three more actors have been added to the cast:

Rest of cast
  Lee Nicholas Harris ... Fisherman (uncredited)
  Dale Mercer ... Slow Dancer (uncredited)
  Benjay X Murphy ... Builder (uncredited)

290 days 1 hours 52 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
There is only one reason to read this article:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/07/original-dark-shadows-cast-to-cameo-in-the-film/

The word they use to describe the original show.  No wonder Eva Green thinks Dark Shadows is a comedy...  She reads stuff on the Internet!   [ghost_cheesy]