Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720959 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
If you go to the Amazon Co. UK and look up the DVD Dark Shadows The Original TV Series, under rating it say "Suitable For 18 and Over". Not that's funny!
May you die before you want too.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The only rating I see on the Amazon.co.uk listing is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Shadows-Complete-Original-DVD/dp/B006Z7Z3KY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1329529695&sr=8-7

"Classification: Unrated (US MPAA rating.)"

Where are you looking, borgosi?

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Shadows-Original-Barnabas-Episodes/dp/B0077NF7AQ/ref=sr1_9_?s=dvd&ie=UTF&qid=1329566515&sr=1-9

I think that will get you to the right release. When there look right under the title. I do like the artwork.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Google Alerts is quite obviously not on the ball lately because I just received an alert to the following article from January 25th. And I'm not even quite sure what country the Web site is located in. But I'm posting the link because after reading it how could anyone not get excited about the DS film - the excitement of the writer is infectious:

Coming Soon: Dark Shadows

82 days 8 hours 26 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Was just catching up on some of the entertainment news magazines that I've recorded in the past week or so and discovered that DS was mentioned on last Friday's (February 10th's) installment of The insider - though it wasn't exactly what one might hope. The show, which as I've said before is fairly tabloidy, felt the need to repeat the "rumor" that Depp is "perhaps moving on" with Eva Green, his "Dark Shadows co-star." And if just simply repeating that wasn't enough, they had to paint a picture that the two made the DS film "together," and they were "on a set together," and "things can get kinda friendly."  [snow_rolleyes]  But hey, if it makes the people who are into that sort of rumor reporting and who might otherwise not go to see the DS film go just to see how Depp and Green interact with each other on screen, I suppose the report can't be a totally bad thing...

82 days 7 hours 42 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Shadows-Original-Barnabas-Episodes/dp/B0077NF7AQ/ref=sr1_9_?s=dvd&ie=UTF&qid=1329566515&sr=1-9

I think that will get you to the right release. When there look right under the title. I do like the artwork.

That's an interesting release, borgosi.  Thanks for sharing.  I wonder how this company obtained the rights and which episodes they are including...  But, yes, the rating is bizarre.  Makes me wonder if it is accurate.

Thanks for sharing those two things, MB. It's good to know that DS is being mentioned on those shows...  But...  it would be nice if the mention wasn't focused on that aspect. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It's good to know that DS is being mentioned on those shows...  But...  it would be nice if the mention wasn't focused on that aspect.

No kidding! DS has so far only been mentioned on Entertainment Tonight in connection with a segment on Depp and Vanessa Paradis possibly breaking up - and then The Insider only brings DS up while repeating the rumor that Depp and Green could be involved and compounding it by speculating about how things can get friendly on a movie set. (I'm actually surprised that they didn't also bring up the rumor about Bella Heathcote and Brad Pitt on the Cogan's Trade set. It's been discounted - but when does a little thing like that ever stop these shows?) Though at least ET showed Depp as Barnabas from the cast photo and said they believe he's "going to be so good" in the role.

82 days 3 hours 12 minutes 9 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Seems like the art may be final after all:

Magnificent DARK SHADOWS Magazine Cover Art

80 days 20 hours 58 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
does anyone have this yet?

according to collinwood.net alexandra isles is interviewed. i'm curious to hear what she has to say about the character she created over 40 years ago being reprised for the big screen. she's usually pretty mum on the whole thing except a few dvd interviews.

her remarks are generally the same..."joan bennett was wonderful", "vicki was dumb", "thayer david and clarice blackburn were great actors"...so hopefully she'll have something new to add to the conversation.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The article indicates that the issue doesn't ship until May. I guess it's supposed to coincide with the release of the film.

80 days 10 hours 43 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Some of that was funny.  (The lines in the first trailer made me laugh a considerable amount)  Some has me gravely worried, mostly what takes place in the longer trailer.

There are, however, conflicting stories on the dialogue between Depp and Green when she allegedly rips off her shirt. It could be two separate lines from the same scene.  That has me worried, as does everything that follows that scene.  Unfortunately, based on everything we know, it sounds completely true. 

Let us hope that the actual film is more about the horror than the comedy, though, which we are being told it is...  At this point, with so much comedy, I am unsure...  And it has me even more anxious to see the final trailer.   

And then, of course, this could just be an attempt to scare us all.  If it is, it's a pretty convincing one...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
How was this person able to remember in extreme detail what was said in the trailers? Was this person allowed to take notes? Isn't there some confidentiality agreement? I have my doubts with this reviewer but if this is true then this movie is really an over the top parody of DS.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
I've moved on from expecting a serious movie. I'll just go & watch 'Barnabas: Dead & Loving It' with an open mind & shall probably end up enjoying it.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i'm with you sara monster...

the hand wringing is growing suffocating.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.