Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719925 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity do we know if the tonight's test screening is still on?

Madscntst I hope you are right about the movie being horror-filled. That is what I am dreaming too but there is no frog in mine. jk

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Interesting spoiler pics. Thanks for posting them.  But, does anyone else notice what appear to be[spoiler]deep scars on Angelique's face?[/spoiler]  What could be going on here?  Hmmm.

Yeah, Neil, I noticed Angelique's overall look in that scene a while back when scrubbing through the video in very slow motion.  I think MB has an interesting interpretation, but I can't buy it, partially because [spoiler]those don't really look (to me) like bite marks on her neck.[/spoiler]  But I also have absolutely no idea what's going on with Ang in that scene!  It's so weird (and creepy)!  It's really looking like this movie is going to have a lot of twists and turns totally unlike anything we've seen before in DS.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I think MB has an interesting interpretation, but I can't buy it, partially because [spoiler]those don't really look (to me) like bite marks on her neck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think Barnabas definitely bites Angelique because if you check out the dress on the woman Barnabas is gearing up to bite in the first screen capture in reply #3236, she's wearing the same dress that Ang is wearing in the twisted neck scene.[/spoiler]

43 days 8 hours 6 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
OMG, MB, you're right!  [snow_wow]  What the beep is going on in this movie?  [snow_huh]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I think it's going to be CRAZIER than Jenny!   [banana] [banana] [banana]

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Maybe, if this movie does well enough, they'll release the restored originals to theaters for a limited run.
May you die before you want too.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see that the price on Amazon for the film's soundtrack has dropped to $13.90. And if things play out as they generally do there, chances are it will fall even more as the release date gets closer.

43 days 4 hours 54 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Hope this isn't a re-post but GK Films added DS to its website. http://gk-films.com/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Definitely not a repost. In fact, I've been checking there about every other day since the official Web site came online, and even as of Monday there was nothing, which surprised me.

Thanks for the heads up, jimbo.  [snow_smiley]  I'll have to go check things out...

43 days 4 hours 18 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Gee, considering how much stuff is already available, there's not much there yet.  [snow_rolleyes]

43 days 4 hours 10 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I know. Perhaps they are just beginning. Another interview of KLS. I wonder what suprise announcement is coming and it would have been nice if Darren's name was mentioned when discussing the NODS restoration.
http://awardcontenders.com/dark-shadows-then-and-now-an-interview-with-kathryn-leigh-scott/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
What is the music playing on the Dark Shadows page of the GK website?

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
On the far right side it says Edge of Darkness by Howard Shore.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thank you, jimbo. I see that now.  It sounded very dark.  That was why I asked.  I was really hoping we could hear something of the new film score.  Unfortunately, we have to wait.   [snow_grin]

I am very interested in this big announcement KLS alludes to. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It seems to me as if that music has been playing on the site for at least the past two years - maybe more - so we're probably not likely to get any sort of clue from them as to what the DS soundtrack may sound like.

43 days 3 hours 37 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!