Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719892 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
thanks for the link mysterious...

interesting article. although calling KLS the show's "lead" actress is something of a stretch. [ghost_wink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Let's face it the article got more wrong than it got right. Is that something you really want to trust?
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
(The person who wrote that particular article is a personal friend of KLS, has interviewed her several times, and KLS has mentioned her on more than one occasion through the years (and given her admiration for KLS, I suppose we can overlook her describing KLS as one of DS' lead actresses [ghost_wink]), so she was far more likely to get KLS' personal life correct than she was anything else. And it's also worth noting that KLS never corrected her on the subject of her having sold Pom Press. And as anyone who knows how KLS operates can attest, she's never one to let something written about her slide if it isn't true. So, it's pretty hard to imagine she would have in this case - particularly when the article itself invites corrections. Also, and perhaps more important, it's not the only article on KLS where it's been written that she'd sold Pom Press - it just happens to be the one that's linked to and commented on here on the forum...)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
KLS is a nice lady but something of a smooth operator...

over time she's engineered her association with the series and in particular josette dupres into slightly more than it actually was.

depending on the time period and storyline "leading lady" status was granted to alexandra moltke, joan bennett, grayson hall or lara parker. at it's best it was never KLS with the possible exception of the three months she played josette as an actual flash-and-blood character during the 1795 period. there it could be argued she was the "lead".

true she did receive an elevation in status when moltke left the program and maggie was brought in as collinwood governess, junior sophisticate and resident ingenue-in-distress. but otherwise it was strictly supporting.

but like i said she worked her time on the series into a very profitable business. [ghost_wink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I'd really love to see a video of this panel so we could hear it all for ourselves.

So far I haven't come across anything that's been posted of this year's panel. But perhaps something still will be. Or perhaps someone who knows how to search YouTube better than I do will come up with something I've missed...

291 days 11 hours 48 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Perhaps a third book was mentioned and then she name dropped the second book.  Who knows?  The author obviously mixed up some of her notes when writing the piece.
Lara has been working on the third book for at least 2 fests.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #666 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »
(The discussion of KLS' acting status (leading or supporting) has been split off into its own topic. Once it took on a life of its own, it in no way had anything to do with the Depp/DS film. But then, that's why the system provides us with a split function - so that if/when tangential discussions take on lives of their own, they can get their own topics.  [ghost_wink])

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 24, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
Aww, MB.  Now I have to actually check on multiple topics.   [ghost_shocked]

Somehow, I thought my save at the end of my last post would be enough to avoid this catastrophe.   [ghost_tongue2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 24, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »
(Not soon enough.  [ghost_nowink]  Maybe if you'd tried it in your post previous to that one.  [ghost_wink])

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 24, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »
Pssh.  That would've been unfair to Michael.   [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 24, 2011, 10:12:07 PM »
Re: Josette
Her importance has more to do with the fact that her character is ever-present in nearly every single storyline (in a variety of ways), which, going back to the movie, is why I find it odd that there has been no official mention of her.  It's a distinct shake-up in terms of the interpretation of original DS-canon

Josette hasn't been mentioned by name with regard to the Depp/DS film, but she has been mentioned repeatedly by inference because Vicki's character is most often described as resembling Barnabas' lost love. Though, of course, only those of us already familiar with DS would attach a name to that lost love.  [ghost_wink]  But somehow something tells me that we can doubt that the script is going to rename her Hermione or Wilhelmina or some such.  [ghost_grin]

291 days 6 hours 47 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 24, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
Pssh.  That would've been unfair to Michael.   [ghost_wink]

Face it. You strayed too far off topic. You were split. But it's all good as that's why there's a split function. End of discussion.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 25, 2011, 12:56:55 AM »
It appears filming will be done at Beckenhamtown Park the next few days although that is up in the air. http://www.beckenhamtown.us/forum/topics/johnny-depp-filming-beckenham

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »
Twitter has been abuzz? Hmmm - I checked not all that long ago and nothing new came up. Though that may be because they're not mentioning DS in their tweets...

I'll check with some other search criteria later tonight...

Thanks for the link, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]

291 days 3 hours 57 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 25, 2011, 01:36:03 AM »
This photo is suppose have been taken at a golf course at Beckenham(?) http://instagr.am/p/IbtFE
I obtained this from http://johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=1467879 dated today, lower portion in the thread.