Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720789 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #4365 on: May 11, 2012, 12:56:51 AM »
I was just on the phone finalizing plans for tomorrow with my friend who works in a bank, and he told me that there was an article in the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday that said that DS will actually be playing in IMAX through May 31st. I don't know if that's part of the new deal or if it was always going to be that way, but at least that means that having The Avengers take over some of the DS showings isn't quite as bad, especially in the long run, as might have been thought at first. Though the new arrangement will still cut into DS' opening weekend box office...

0 days 4 hours 3 minutes 9 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:59 AM »
I also can't believe it's now just a few hours.  When they first announced the making of this film five years ago, I was so excited.  And then came the waiting, the stalling, the putting-off, the re-scheduling ad infinitum, going on for years.  I was convinced that it would never happen.  There would be talking, planning and then shelving - end of project.  I totally believed it would never happen. 

We've picked the time for the Saturday matinee - 1:50 p.m.  We have a caravan of five cars heading up the interstate, gathering first at a friend's house, where two more cars will join us on the pilgrimage to the theater.  It'll look like a funeral procession (how appropriate!).  After enjoying the cinematic spectacular, we're going back to our friend's house for "dunch" (lunch/dinner), preceded by spirits, "enough to fill the hull of a schooner."

Gerard

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4367 on: May 11, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »
I want to thank Mdcst for the nice comment about our FB group. We are a civilized group much like this one and that is why I have tried to let people on here know if they want a great place to discuss DS on FB come on over. The link is below my name.

I have my tickets and they are showing a midnight showing here in Kentucky which I am sort of surprised about. I will report how many people there are. 

I don't give a rats a** about reviews. Some moves that have been panned across the board I have loved. Some that the critics loved I have hated.

Tonight at 12:01 at dream of mine will come true. Something I have looked forward to for the past 5 years since it was announced. I shall go into the theater with and open mind and an open heart and once again pretend that this is the first time I have seen a DS project just like I did when I started watching the original after I fell in love with the Revival.

I hope all of my cousins enjoy the movie. I know everyone like it. However, the fact that sequels are a possibility is very encouraging! I know Johnny would love to play Barnabas again.  Such a great actor.

I cannot believe someone shouted that at Johnny. I am sure he agrees but that was rude!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: May 11, 2012, 01:36:50 AM »
Best of luck everyone. Have a great time!

Variety discusses Avengers vs. DS. It also seems that it is playing well in France.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053843.html?cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4369 on: May 11, 2012, 03:34:03 AM »
I won't be able to go see the movie until tomorrow I'm afraid...but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

I too never thought this day would come. Can't wait.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: May 11, 2012, 04:00:14 AM »
Interesting article, jimbo - thanks for posting the link. Nice to know the film is already doing well in France.

In other news, tonight Access Hollywood had an extremely brief segment on the LA Premiere, with footage of Depp playing "No More Mister Nice Guy" with Alice Cooper's band, and the stars on the black carpet. And Extra had a longer but still short segment on the London Premiere, with interviews with Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer and glimpses of the other stars.

0 days 0 hours 59 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: May 11, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »
Why is the new "Dark Shadows is in release" topic locked already?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: May 11, 2012, 06:08:44 AM »
This topic will stay open for the time being because I still have some old stuff to post in it that I haven't gotten around to - but please post any new stuff in the "Depp/Burton Dark Shadows Is In Release!!" topic. And please limit the discussion in this topic to what has already been posted here and what I'll be posting in the future. All new discussion should also be in the new topic.  [ghost_smiley]

Thanks,
MB

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: May 11, 2012, 06:11:42 AM »
Why is the new "Dark Shadows is in release" topic locked already?

It's no longer locked.  [ghost_smiley]  I had to lock it while I was creating it and adding a few posts that had been made in this topic but really belonged there.

And actually, I would have gotten all that done quicker, but I lost Internet access for a while just after I'd begun to create the topic.  [ghost_shocked]  Not exactly perfect timing. But then, losing Internet access is never a welcomed thing.  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
Cross posting is frowned upon, so unfortunately the original post/link can only appear in the new "In Release" topic - and even what I'm about to do is pushing things and is something we do as rarely as possible  [ghost_smiley]  - but for those avoiding that topic, you might be interested in checking out a new Seth Grahame-Smith interview that jimbo has posted a link to. If you click on the link below, it will take you directly to jimbo's post - and if you quickly click on the link there, you need never see anything else in the "In Release" topic until you're ready to.  [ghost_wink]

New interview with SGS. He says there was like a whole movie that was deleted from the final version.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: August 05, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
I was just going through my phone deleting a whole slew of texts from the past few months that I no longer want and I came across these that I seem to have missed:

gkfilms: Just uploaded a bunch of pics from last night's #DARKSHADOWS premiere party to our GK Facebook page. http://t.co/3FSoO6RZ
5/8 9:01pm
(Though now one has to go back to the May postings to find them.)

gkfilms: RT @MondoNews: Ain't It Cool News just premiered our new poster for #DARKSHADOWS. Check it our here: http://t.co/rRPLs1Hg
5/9 9:16pm

There was also an earlier one on the 9th about a contest to win one of two film prize packs - but obviously those prize packs have long been given away. But if anyone would like to see what they might have won had I actually caught the text (I have no idea how I actually missed any of these [ghost_embarrassed]) and posted about it, here's the URL: http://t.co/uJ4l3DJN

86 days 11 hours 36 minutes 47 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!!