Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720957 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, the Hermes panel will have at least one attendee:

TheWomanInBlack Debi Moore
@bradmiska I'm hating TB so much I'm probably going to skip the panel & hit Dark Shadows instead. Couldn't care less what Ball has planned.
5 hours ago

New details about his role from Allan Williams:

abramwelsh
Playing a pensioner I walk on set with a walking stick, as per wardrobe; 2nd AD: "Do you need that?" me: "No, it's a prop". He didn't laugh.
2 hours ago

RepsolRuss
@abramwelsh no sense of humor then
2 hours ago

abramwelsh
@RepsolRuss We must make allowances They earn their money Sometimes they haven't got time to fart let alone laugh
1 hour ago

(And apparently he was surprised when DS News started following him.  [ghost_grin])

And I don't know, but Pinewood sure treats her like she's the real deal:

PinewoodStudios
@liilyrosedepp Thanks for the mention
14 hours ago

295 days 14 hours 51 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The second part of her profile:

Scousers in Hollywood: Liverpool stuntwoman Eunice Huthart on working on Tim Burton’s latest movie and being pals with Angelina Jolie

295 days 14 hours 44 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Latest tweets:

emzrhodes
Living a nocturnal existence after my #Darkshadows film stint. On route home @ 6am completely sober - fighting commuters is not so fun.
2 hours ago

DeppInMyPants
OMGOMG JOHNNY DEPP HAS BEEN FILMING TODAY FOR DARK SHADOWS. I'm thinking of coincidently going for a tour around the studios. :')
1 hour ago

295 days 8 hours 31 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A previous and a new tweeter heard from:

jossbaysurfing
Off to Pinewood this afternoon for a night shoot for Dark Shadows.....
6 hours ago

tomduffy88 Tom Duffy
@ChloeGMoretz are you filming dark shadows in pinewood? I'm in tomorrow as an extra.
6 hours ago

294 days 14 hours 4 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
With regard to tomorrow's DS panel at Comic Con, this person on JOHNNYDEPPZONE describes a certain someone's methods so well, and yet they're probably barely even aware of him:

Quote from: FANtasticJD Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 am
Some movie news is promised, but as early in the process as the film is, expect them to wait till the very end and tease you with very little.

And this is someone else's reaction to that comment:

[8311]

We can relate.  [ghost_wink]

294 days 13 hours 40 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, I bet we're all so excited today - less than 12 hours until the Hermes panel at Comic Con is done and the world learns the "surprises about the upcoming Tim Burton film starring Johnny Depp". I bet Twitter will be all atwitter with the news! ...  uh-huh.

But getting back to the world of reality, here are some of the latest tweets - and apparently something big is actually up so far as today's filming goes:

jossbaysurfing
Just been on set with Johnny Depp and Christopher Lee!! Mental : )
11 hours ago

ChloeGMoretz
bigg day today :) can't say anything...but you'll all be excited once I can announce it :) xxxxxxxxx
6 hours ago

(Hopefully she's not simply referring to the fact that Christopher Lee is shooting today. But I suspect she is and is completely unaware that the previous tweet had already gone out)

multidyer
Dark Shadows action props department are giving us some freelance work! Back on board...hurray!!!
5 hours ago

jossbaysurfing
Suns out at Pinewood, Moving boats around this morning!! Shooting in the afternoon ........
4 hours ago

I wonder if the boat they bought will be making its appearance today?

chloempmakeup
About to start a crowd day! Busy busy!
3 hours ago

RobNerantzoulis
Is an angel bay canary man under the influence of Eva Green today. I'm set in the 70's if only u cud see me!!
2 hours ago

Phoenix_James
Safely back at @PinewoodStudios to shoot scenes for Dark Shadows. Tim Burton & Johnny Depp. 1 of most amazing film sets I've seen thus far.
11 minutes ago

293 days 13 hours 53 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Went checking through Phoenix_James older tweets to see if I missed anything and came across these which may be related to DS:

Phoenix_James
It's a wrap on costume fitting. Heading back across town. Loving my outfit! I need to hit vintage shops and get some 70's heels in my life.
6 Jul

Phoenix_James
Its a wrap! Amazing day! However, a 2.30am rise for set this morning, 12hrs in heels, tight pants & an itchy wig has totally kicked my ass.
12 Jul

On the IMDb front, I see where the film climbed to #455 (from #486) on this week's MOVIEmeter (based mostly on Depp's new Disney deals). And I also see where there's been a shuffle in the top 4 of the cast. Eva Green fell down from being listed second to being listed fourth (because her ranking on STARmeter fell from #39 to #193), so Helena Bonham Carter moved up to second (and her ranking jumped from #65 to #20, thanks in great part to tons of Harry Potter publicity) and Chloe Moretz moved up to third (and her ranking jumped from #73 to #44, thanks mostly to Hugo Cabret publicity(the first trailer of which was released last week)). But when it comes to Chloe, apparently you can't keep someone who's "Destined to be the Next Big Thing" down for long.  [ghost_wink]

293 days 12 hours 42 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see where Ridley Scott's Prometheus (DS' filming mate at Pinewood) released a photo and showed a teaser trailer at Comic Con (though Twentieth Century Fox had an entire panel devoted to it). We should only be so lucky that even a photo gets shown/released of the Depp/DS film at the Hermes panel tonight. Well, so long as it's not just a photo of the Collinwood exterior set.  [ghost_wink]

293 days 11 hours 49 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
And this is someone else's reaction to that comment:

[8311]

We can relate.  [ghost_wink]

[laughing4]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Vampire Wire: Lorelei Bell, author of VAMPIRE ASCENDING, Guest Blogs About Dark Shadows.

What I hope the new movie Dark Shadows to be like . . .
and not.

293 days 9 hours 28 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
An interesting documentary about a film Johnny Depp was supposed to star in, but which sadly fell apart.  Don Quixote has been Terry Gilliam's for years.  Johnny Depp was cast as a XXth century ad executive somehow transported back into the past as Sancho!  It is kinda fun to see Depp actually working...

http://youtu.be/8YAxy41vN1Q

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Several people have tweeted that they're at Hermes' DS panel. Let's see if any of them report anything to get excited about...

293 days 2 hours 49 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
spotliteonENT
Many of the original cast went to Pinewood and spent three days on the set of the movie Dark Shadows. #comiccon #darkshadows
16 seconds ago

293 days 2 hours 41 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
KazrenPirate KazrenPirate
Laura Parker & Kathryn Leigh Scott were on Dark Shadows set with Jonathan Frid
1 minute ago

293 days 2 hours 40 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
spotliteonENT spotliteonENT
Laura Parker & Kathryn Leigh Scott are speaking on the Dark Shadows panel at Comic Con. Talking about going on set with Jonathan Frid
18 seconds ago

It's amazing how many people don't know it's Lara Parker!

293 days 2 hours 31 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!