Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716829 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
that is stunningly different in feel than the trailer. if that had been released first we might have seen less outrage from the outer limits of this fanbase.

And look at how some of the description of when Barnabas says "You have no idea how thirsty I am!" made it seem like it was played for big laughs, yet to me it doesn't play that way at all.

Anyway, I'll be posting screen caps from the 16X9 version of the spot as soon as I can get them ready...

46 days 5 hours 32 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I do like that trailer. Thank you.
May you die before you want too.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i know that these spots are cut-and-paste but in the trailer when barnabas asks willie what year it is there is no blood on his face...

and in this it's covered in blood. [snow_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for the link!  I LOVE IT!  That is a million times better than the trailer. 

"A woman doctor...  What an age this is."  My new favorite line.  Sounds just like something Frid's Barnabas would say, imo. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Oh my. Why didn't WB release this first instead of the trailer which seemed to please no one.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
4 screen captures from the new stuff in the first 30 second TV spot:

Click for larger image: Capture #13

Click for larger image: Capture #27

Click for larger image: Capture #75

Click for larger image: Capture #93

46 days 4 hours 15 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
First off, let me say that I LOVE this new commercial for the film!

I did not notice that new commercial during the basketball games today, but I did see what I presume to be the same commercial I saw on Friday night.  It was much more similar to the trailer that had previously been released, although it included a scene with Barnabas standing in the street as a car whizzes by.  It's funny, the scene I had previously described as having Barnabas hanging upside down and looking in through a window is the same scene with Roger kissing somebody.  How did I notice Barnabas and fail to notice the action in front of me?  Sadly, it also did include a scene with Barnabas on the floor surrounded by a bunch of styrofoam packing peanuts. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another 4 screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #167

Click for larger image: Capture #202

Click for larger image: Capture #243

Click for larger image: Capture #269

46 days 4 hours 12 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And another 4 screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #288

Click for larger image: Capture #329

Click for larger image: Capture #343

Click for larger image: Capture #360

46 days 4 hours 8 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Click for larger image: Capture #410

Click for larger image: Capture #473

Click for larger image: Capture #483

Click for larger image: Capture #608

46 days 4 hours 6 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Click for larger image: Capture #636

Click for larger image: Capture #660

Click for larger image: Capture #732

Click for larger image: Capture #771

46 days 4 hours 4 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And the last 3 screen captures:

Click for larger image: Capture #807

Click for larger image: Capture #894

Click for larger image: Capture #905

46 days 4 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oh my. Why didn't WB release this first

Well, we've always known that there would be more than one trailer and several different TV spots. And Warner Brothers' Marketing Department probably released the first trailer first because they truly believed it was going to get the best reaction from the public. But notice I didn't say the best reaction from DS fans - and that's because I'm pretty sure that we're inconsequential to them. And as far as the general response goes, look at how so many different entertainment Web sites wrote pieces saying what a hit they think that first trailer is and how much they like it.

46 days 3 hours 53 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Actually I have a different spin on this but you may be right. I think the studio released this trailer based on the negative reaction segment to the first trailer. In terms of thinking positive I think WB wanted to present another dimension of DS to the general public. But who really knows for sure. Thanks MB for the wonderful detailed captures!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Something tells me this particular TV spot was put together at the same time everything else was (meaning what we've seen and what we will see in the future). That's generally the way the marketing works. And then the studios trot them all out over time. But yes, the different trailers and spots are definitely designed to showcase different aspects of a film. And while the Internet was ablaze with some factions of DS fans protesting that first trailer, Warner Brothers' Marketing Department was probably smiling to themselves and quite possibly even having a good laugh because they knew that they have other things in their back pockets that will continue to be released...

46 days 3 hours 41 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!