Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719844 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #870 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »
LakeLung Lake Lung
Talking to my agent. Going to meet Johnny Depp next Tuesday on the set of Dark Shadows. So excited.
1 hour ago

263 days 8 hours 52 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 21, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »
I was actually kind of hoping (against hope) that they would, at least, be able to show a teaser poster...  And apparently Frankenweenie already has its logo...  Let's get the ball rolling WB Marketing... and Tim... and everyone else!  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 21, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »
The DS film *may* already have both, too. It just could be that they don't want us to see them until they're ready for us to see them. And who knows when that will be?  [idontknow]  But I was just saying to someone yesterday that there's less than 9 months until the film opens, so we know the day when we finally will see something new is less than 9 months away!  [ghost_cheesy]

263 days 7 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 21, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »
 [ghost_cheesy]  That is so true, MB!  So true! 

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 22, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »
There are some new actors and characters listed on IMDB, namely:

Jeff Mash as Construction Worker 2
Daniel Harland as Barnabas Collin's (sic) Carrier Person (rumored)
Chris Edgerley as AngelBay Boy (uncredited)
and
Benjay X Murphy as Builder (uncredited)  (Have we talked about him before?)

So, we now (presumably) know that there is some sort of construction going on in the film.  (Could they be fixing up Collinwood or is this ship-bulding?)  Barnabas Collins has a Carrier Person.  (I am thinking this is in the past.)  We might be able to infer that there is a previously unknown location in Collinsport (or around the area) called Angel Bay.  And finally that there is more building going on, though this could definitely be for the ships.  

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 22, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
Oops!  MB already posted about the construction workers, but the others appear to be new.  In the case of Daniel Harland, he now is something other than a "man".  Rather, he is a "carrier" man.   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 22, 2011, 03:12:19 PM »
Angel Bay was mentioned a few weeks ago in this tweet:
Rillus
Been on set now down at Angel Bay - epic set! I also know a lot about fish canning now... More than I ever wanted... #darkShadows

Back then I tried to use Google to figure out if Angel Bay was an actual location in England where they might have built a set that we weren't aware of, but I couldn't really find anything conclusive. In the end, given what he said, I just figured Rillus was referring to the outdoor Collinsport/Collins Cannery set. But who knows...

In the case of Daniel Harland, he now is something other than a "man".  Rather, he is a "carrier" man.   [ghost_cheesy]

That added detail is interesting. And he's still oddly listed as "rumored."

262 days 13 hours 47 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 22, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »
I wondered why Angel Bay sounded familiar... but I was looking in the wrong place!  Thanks for that, MB.  It really does make me wonder if this is a new name for a fictional location or something else.  Widows Hill, Angel Bay... Devil's Cliff?  All have nice rings to them.   [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 23, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »
When these sorts of comments are one time things I don't even bother sharing them. But this one is being retweeted by many people this morning:

elmo_colleen colleen b.
#JohnnyDepp can suck my blood anyday #DarkShadows #2012
7 hours ago

Then this person added her own bit:

KVictoriaSmith K.Victoria Smith
RT @elmo_colleen: #JohnnyDepp can suck my blood anyday #DarkShadows #2012 Oh yes. Line forms to the right.
1 hour ago

And now that's what everyone is retweeting.  [ghost_wink]

And then there's this:

NICKRMDONALD
Bet you a fiver I get a text today asking if I'm available for Dark Shadows, I'll then say yes, then the casting dir will say can't use him!
6 hours ago

His tweets regarding working on the film are becoming increasingly odd.  [ghost_huh]

And this:

GuitarWedding Wedding Guitarist
Played at Pinewood Studios today. Interesting venue, great staff and got to see the set for Johnny Depp's new film Dark Shadows.
5 hours ago

And another guitarist:

BuckinghamDavid David Buckingham
Gig at Pinewood Studios. Very impressive set for Johnny Depp's Dark Shadows and I got to sit in Dopey's milk float on the set for Snow White
5 hours ago

And someone else begins work on the film:

gintarebeinor Gintare
back to #PinewoodStudios this time for #DarkShadows #WINNING
2 hours ago

Who knows what she's doing, though, because her profile gives no clue...

261 days 14 hours 25 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 23, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
Some comments from Chloe Moretz regarding working with Depp (and his look in the DS film): Smells like teen spirit ...

Interesting...

261 days 12 hours 29 minutes 52 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 23, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
Will McKinley is an old friend of mine (he was known as Billy McKinley back then).  Will was running the video programming at the fests back in the early and mid-1980s when he was a teenager.  He also worked for Jonathan Frid for a number of years and that included attending the fests and helping to stage performances.  I think what bewildered Will is that, as a professional live event producer, not a single established protocol in discussing upcoming events was followed.  This is a very big deal this movie so more was expected for this if nothing else.  Obviously, all our expectations were let down.

Nancy

No spoilers? What a shock! And sadly for them, apparently neither SciFiHorrorFem or Will McKinley realize how the Fests actually work or they wouldn't have really gotten their hopes up in the first place.  [ghost_wink]  And of course the film will be different. We already know that it will be. And thank heavens it will be because it would be no fun to have a retread of any of the versions that have come before...

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 23, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
Well, it would be pretty idiotic to spend millions of dollars making exactly the same thing all over again.  If a story is being revisited and another version presented, it stands to reason it is going to be different than the original.  Fortunately, there are plenty of open-minded folks out there willing to see other versions of a story.

Nancy

As for the new movie being "different" from the original. If I wanted to see something different I wouldn't go see "Dark Shadows". I want a Dark Shadows movie to be Dark Shadows. I'm ok with a few susprises but if I really wanted something different I go see Twilight. There's alot of other movies I could go see if I wanted to see something different from Dark Shadows. Dark Shadows to me is more than a title, it's a story that I love and that's the story I want. I'm ok with some changes but it should still be the story that I love. If not, why spend the money of the rights?

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 23, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »
You radical thinker, you. [ghost_tongue2]

Nancy

well, that SORT OF SOUNDS LIKE A DARK SHADOWS MOVIE to me. call me crazy.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 23, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »
The highly-anticipated "Depp Shadows" panel, during which Jim, um, Pierson informed us that, uh, Pinewood Studios has, uh, hair and make-up people, who use, um, make-up and, uh, hairspray and, ummmmmmmm...chemicals...

As others here aleready stated there was no "discussion" on the new DS movie. Once again it was JP simply talking at the podium and showing a few slide presentation of actors in makeup. JP did say that the release date is solid.

yeah the "discussion" of the depp/burton film was a complete bust. i learn more checking this board daily than anything i got from someone personally involved in the production.

the "commentary" on the slide presentation as claude mentioned was a fascinating talk on makeup and hairspray. for what it's worth it didn't look like selby and frid were in "period" makeup or hairstyles. i assume they're part of the 1972 sequence and not something from the 1700's.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 23, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »
yeah the "discussion" of the depp/burton film was a complete bust. ...

the "commentary" on the slide presentation as claude mentioned was a fascinating talk on makeup and hairspray.

That really is sad. It's almost unbelievable that that's all the presentation amounted to. And I can see why Nancy's friend Will McKinley would have expected so much more. But then at the same, it's totally believable given how such things generally pan out at the Fests. I suppose it might be a case that Mr. Mckinley hasn't attended a Fest in some time, so he's forgotten what they're actually like.

i learn more checking this board daily

We try our best to keep up with everything. Though I don't know how much longer we'll be able to because once the machine to promote the film really gears up, there's going to be so much stuff out there, especially with the Internet, that I don't know if it'll even be feasible to keep up with all of it. Like I said a while back, it was so much easier with the '91 Series because there really was no Internet to speak of and there were a limited amount of magazines and TV shows that covered the show. But nowadays the amount of information overload is staggering (particularly with regard to films). Not that we'll think it's an overload because something tells me we'll lap up every bit that we're fed and we'll still be wanting more. But there won't be enough hours in the day to keep up with everything. We'll simply have to settle for keeping up with what we can handle.  [ghost_wink]

for what it's worth it didn't look like selby and frid were in "period" makeup or hairstyles. i assume they're part of the 1972 sequence and not something from the 1700's.

I could easily be wrong, but simply judging by what was being tweeted during the time the four original stars were at Pinewood, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they all make an appearance at the masquerade that was being shot at that time. And Selby's "Where's Waldo?" comment might actually add credence to that because obviously there are going to be a lot of extras involved in the shooting of the masquerade. But I guess we'll see...

261 days 10 hours 22 minutes 35 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!