Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717469 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Oh cool...Victoria is following her original incarnation . How cool.  This is no offense to you I just always address her as Victoria.  I always remember the line that Barnabas said about reducing such a beautiful name to Vicki.  I hated hated when Barnabas started calling her Vicki. I thought it was so out of character.

YAY! I am on Twitter! :) Thanks Cousin B! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I really don't think of Twilight, Vampire dieries, or True Blood as gothic. I never wanted a carbon copy of the original series, Night or House. I wanted the DS movie to be an original take on the classic gothic love story with a vampire, not a comedy.

Many people seem to think that if we don't like what we're seeing that we wanted a carbon copy, not true. They also think we are judging the complete movie based on the trailer, we aren't, we're judging the trailer.

By the way, I love True Blood.
May you die before you want too.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I'd love to see a movie faithly based on Hawks Harbor.
May you die before you want too.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
I liked Hawks Harbor too, although I thought it could have used a good copy edit. Interesting POV. (I'm just trying not to spoil it for those who haven't read it.)  [snow_wink]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
One major problem with all the DS incarnations is they repeat the same original Barnabas storyline over & over.  We never get to see new takes on any of the other storylines (except 1795 in the 91 series).

New viewers have no idea that the OS had any other supernatural character other then a vampire & a witch!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Frid didn't want to do the WB pilot because he didn't want to work, period.  It never got to the point where he saw a script for the pilot.  He didn't even see a script for the Depp movie. 

Nancy

And you know even Jonathan Frid wouldn't do the WB pilot so to me that seems like he thought the script was good or why else would he bother unless they paid him a huge amount of cash. It also seems Lara, KLS, nor Selby would have done the movie unless they liked the script.  JMO.

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
I honestly don't believe that any of TOS actors read the entire script for the new film.  I'm not calling anyone a liar, but with all the secrecy surrounding the movie, I just can't imagine Tim Burton releasing the entire script to four actors who were just appearing in cameos.  I could be wrong, but I bet I am right.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Now the word is that the next test screening is the 28th...  (Supposedly it was originally tonight but was rescheduled?   [snow_huh])

Maybe it's just me - and I could be wrong - but it seems odd that a test screening would be canceled at the last minute.  [snow_huh]  It's basically just a showing of the film where they gather feedback, so what would be so important to cancel it? But as you said, it was all hearsay without any credible source. At least last time around prior to the test screening there was plenty of evidence to back it up.

48 days 12 hours 9 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Perhaps the test screening is for the studio heads?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
One would think the studio heads have seen it several times already (and those would be some of the screenings that Seth Grahame-Smith has referred to). That is normally the process before any general audience test screenings like the one that was held on the 13th are held. But who knows...

48 days 11 hours 17 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I was just thinking TB was still editing the movie and they wanted to see the truly completed version with the score something the test screening audience didn't have available to hear. But who knows....

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That's certainly possible - the studio will definitely get one of those eventually. Though unless I'm mistaken Counsin_Barnabas has been referring to another test screening for a general audience. Or am I wrong in that, CB?

48 days 10 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
One of the reasons I love NODS so much -- despite its flaws -- is that the storyline, barring inspiration from 1970 PT, still has totally new characters, a new take on Angelique, and a downbeat ending.  I'm intrigued by the "Barnabas must save the modern family" aspects of the new film, as well as making Angelique a power player, as opposed to her Cassandra-filtration scheme in the original.  I'd love an entire new story as well, but I suppose that's what future films will offer, if any.
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Those are some of the reasons why I like NoDS too. And if this new film does generate a continuation, it will be intriguing to see in what direction it goes.

And speaking of scoring the film, I keep forgetting to comment that it's interesting that Grahame-Smith mentions in one of those interviews from yesterday that in addition to Danny Elfman's own score, the film will contain popular music from the period. And I'm assuming he's not just referring to Alice Cooper's performance. So it will be interesting to see if any of the music from the trailers (beyond The Carpenters' Top of the World because that would certainly seem to be a given) actually ends up being in the film as well...

48 days 10 hours 26 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
i was set to go to the advance screening yesterday til it was postponed. i am going to go on wednesday. it is not for studio heads. when i went to see 21 jump street last wknd there was a guy handing out passes in front of the theatre for the ds screening. it says on the pass 18-49 yrs. i am 51. the guy says u just have to be CLOSE to the age but i could still get turned away because of age and also because the theatre could fill up. of course i will be there early and hope for the best. no explanation was given as for why the change. maybe they are doing some last minute editing.