Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716937 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just a lucky guess.

There are no lucky guesses in the universe.  [ghost_smiley]  So definitely take the time to bask in your glory!  [ghost_grin]

Now we need to find photos of Depp

Who knows how long that will be?

and company.

Probably more likely.  [ghost_wink]

Our work is never done.

So true.  [ghost_cheesy]

287 days 10 hours 47 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Considering that it's looking like Depp wasn't anywhere near the Beckenham shooting site, I love the remark in the article about the ketchup dispenser:

Johnny Depp in Beckenham?

But then, that's just par for the course.  [ghost_rolleyes]

287 days 9 hours 47 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks MB I will. I assume the prize is two front row seats to the movie's premiere? jk
Looks like JD can't always get what he wants re: article  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I assume the prize is two front row seats to the movie's premiere?

If only we had them to give. Well, so long as we still had some for ourselves.  [ghost_grin]

287 days 4 hours 52 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
...But I should have stuck to my instincts - and jimbo takes the prize for mentioning her name first (CONGRATS, JIMBO!!  [thumb]) because according to this blog, the "stunt woman" is indeed Bella Heathcote.

Sorry, I think I should say that the woman isn't confirmed as Bella Heathcote. When I was talking on email with the photographers about using the images for my site, they asked me if I could identify the actress – my response was to say that I couldn't be certain, but if it was a known member of the cast, I thought it might be Bella – which is where they got the info. I think it's quite likely it is her, but obviously something-I-think-from-glancing-at-a-photo isn't proper confirmation by any stretch.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Certainly without proper confirmation there can always be some doubt. Though in this case that doubt would appear to be extremely small when the both of us came to the conclusion it was Bella Heathcote independently of each other, she looks so much like Bella as to be her identical twin - especially in the photo where she's in profile behind Tim Burton, and we're not alone in believing it to be Bella because I've since seen other postings on other sites where people have also strongly suspected she's Bella - postings that predate the posting of the Hayhurst Consultancy's blog and jimbo's post here. So, I think we can at least be 90% sure, if not more.  [ghost_smiley]

286 days 12 hours 51 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
abramwelsh
3rd and last night on Dark Shadows tonight; praise be, I'm knackered.
1 hour ago

286 days 12 hours 19 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I haven't scrutinized the photo with nearly the degree of intensity y'all have done, but I would really doubt that Bella Heathcote was allowed to do a stunt like that.

But maybe they did let her/ask her to do it--if they're really that dumb.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I don't think it's her in all the photos. In fact, I suspect it's not her at all in the photo that jimbo referred to. It's hard to tell, but I believe that is probably a stunt woman - and a really well harnessed one at that. But it is Bella in a few of the photos where the woman is near the bottom of the sheets. The larger versions of those photos clearly show her. And substituting her at least at that point would have been used for closer shots of her climbing down - as well as ones of her coming off of the sheets and onto the ground...

Though IF Bella was up to it, and Burton and the stunt people were willing, I can't imagine that much could have happened to her with all that harnessing...

286 days 12 hours 8 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
the red hair is unexpected but if it is heathcote in the pictures it must be victoria escaping...

since she's wearing "modern" clothing it can't be josette or any other eighteenth century character.

we were worried about blond...and relieved to hear brunette...but it never occurred to any of us vicki might be a redhead. [ghost_shocked]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I am a bit confused, because the images of the person filming seem to show a red-head, but the rehearsal photo would seem to indicate that this individual has brown hair.  Can someone clarify what I am looking at?

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Hmmm - previous reports have given a completion date of August 12th or "sometime in August" for shooting. But August is not in the fall. Fall doesn't arrive until September 23rd.

Not to mention the possibility of a new 'Night Stalker' for Depp.....If only we can get 'Night Stalker'...all this in addition to 'Dark Shadows'...life is good!! [ghost_grin]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #747 on: August 01, 2011, 12:03:36 AM »
And another actor or extra heard from:

chris_edgerley
in Tim Burton's and Johnny Depp's latest film with WARNER BROS called 'DARK SHADOWS'. Filming for them Aug/Sept. Release date 11 May 2012.
1 hour ago

And, of course, another one who lives - yes, you guessed it - in London.  [ghost_wink]

284 days 4 hours 56 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline libshad84

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 01, 2011, 05:52:24 AM »
This whole thing is really exciting and hard to believe that Dark Shadows will be alive again!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 01, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
An update:

chris_edgerley
in costume fitting for Tim Burton's and Johnny Depp's latest film 'DARK SHADOWS'!!!!!!
5 hours ago

283 days 13 hours 51 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!