Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717128 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Those ET promos were misleading because the show is not only focusing on Depp, Burton and DS. It started off reporting about Jessica Simpson's baby. Then there was a segment on DS - though not with much new. And that was followed by a segment about Liberace. Now there's some segment on the Met Fashion Gala. And there will be more on Liberace.  [ghost_rolleyes]

5 days 5 hours 39 minutes 55 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, OK - the second segment on DS is much better - with more to come - but not before more that has absolutely nothing to do with DS...

5 days 5 hours 33 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The other DS segments were also an improvement over the first. And the show did have their own interviews with Michelle Pfeiffer, Eva Green, Bella Heathcote, Chloe Moretz, Jackie Earle Haley, Jonny Lee Miller (barely), and Tim Burton, so that's also a plus. Overall, it's certainly worth watching.

5 days 4 hours 59 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently ET isn't the only show that can do things differently for their weekend shows because Access Hollywood practically ran a totally different CinemaCon segment with Michelle Pfeiffer on its weekend show from what they'd done during the week. In fact, barely anything from the original edit was repeated and footage was even added of Chloe Moretz talking about first meeting Pfeiffer.

Now who knows what if anything may be different later tonight when I record the weekend edition of Extra?

5 days 3 hours 20 minutes 2 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
'Dark Shadows' fitting tribute to '60s TV soap
Depp plays awkward, misunderstood but loveable weirdo

Another prescreening giveaway:

Dark Shadows Bay Area Prescreening!

And apparently this will be in many Sunday newspapers tomorrow:

Michelle Pfeiffer Covers Parade May 2012

5 days 0 hours 3 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I know I haven't been watching the latest featurettes, but the beginning of this one looks different from the beginnings of the others, so it appears to be new:

Dark Shadows - "Barnabas Unleashed"

4 days 23 hours 32 minutes 9 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Interesting.

This isn't a spoiler really, but in this new "featurette," you hear the "Carolyn" flute riff from hoDS playing over the scene when the construction crew have just unearthed Barnabas and he utters the "thirsty" line when about to attack one of the men. 

G.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
The Dark Shadows Soundtrack (not to be confused with the score by Danny Elfman; the soundtrack has the Alice Cooper, T. Rex, Iggy Pop et al. songs) is FINALLY listed on Amazon as something other than a $43 import.  However, there only seems to be an mp3 download option.  Perhaps there won't be a CD version released in the US (or maybe one will come later).  At any rate, I'm glad it's at least going to be available, albeit as mp3 only.  It'll be released on the originally announced date, this Tuesday, May 8, which is the same date that the score is released.

Amazon: Dark Shadows: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
the clips of pfieffer from 'scarface' and 'dangerous liaisons' are a reminder that she was once an interesting actress.

at some point in the 1990's she became a mainstream hollywood romcom queen.

DS looks like a new challenge for her. i was completely indifferent, if not downright sceptical, of her casting initially. however she's really looking like one of the best things in the movie.

i think she's going to make a fabulous liz.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
In addition to the shows I've already mentioned, two others did DS segments last night (or in the wee hours of this morning, which is when they're run in my area):

Star Watch did a nice segment with host Sam Hallenbeck doing his own interviews with Michelle Pfeiffer and Tim Burton.

And Entertainers did an even nicer, slightly over 4 minutes DS segment. It featured Johnny Depp, behind the scenes clips, and footage - all of which was probably taken from what Warner Brothers provided and has been posted online - but as I've not watched a lot of that, most of it was completely new to me.

Star Watch often features films the weekend before they open and the weekend they open, so DS may appear on next weekend's show as well.

And speaking of next weekend, Hollyscoop promoted that they will be doing a DS segment next weekend...

4 days 12 hours 35 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - I forgot to mention that Extra did indeed have more with Michelle Pfeiffer on their weekend show than they did during the week. Supposedly there's even more of her from CinemaCon on their Web site (www.extratv.com), but I couldn't seem to locate it. Perhaps someone else will have better luck...

4 days 12 hours 25 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
outside depp pfieffer is certainly the biggest "star" attached to the project but they are really giving her the buildup.

on the OS after the barnabas introduction liz essentially became a "reactive" character. she didn't really drive the plots but reacted or responded to what was happening with the barnabas-driven storylines.

here she seems more proactive. she's actively involved in what's happening. she's pushing the action along and not just reacting to things.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
here she seems more proactive. she's actively involved in what's happening. she's pushing the action along and not just reacting to things.

Which is excellent. And it's also why I've said, too, that I think Liz is going be a fascinating character in the film. I can't wait to see how her stuff plays out.

4 days 12 hours 4 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Yeah.  If more of the movie were going to be along the lines of PfeiffLiz's scenes with BarnaDepp and JuliaBC, I might actually be interested in seeing it.

But most of what I have seen of it makes me think the thing will be a crashing bore. With stunning costumes and art direction, granted.

G.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I just want to point out that "box office mojo" says Marvel's The Avenger opened in 4,349 theaters while DS will open in 3,700 theaters. Even if DS sales out every set for every showing it would be hard to beat their The Avengers numbers. But we can hope.
May you die before you want too.