Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716907 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »
We haven't heard from this guy in a while:

DeanCleaverUK
I am on the set of johnny depp's new film again and their treating me to some nice cold beverages! #Awsome
1 hour ago

283 days 12 hours 1 minute 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 02, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »
Alice4123 Alice
Can't believe I had the privallege (probably spelt wrong) to go on the set of 'Dark Shadows' johnny depps new film.
4 hours ago

283 days 4 hours 35 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
davidselbycom David Selby Site
Photo of David Selby & Lara Parker during visit to set of new DARK SHADOWS movie added to News page http://ow.ly/5SL3H #darkshadows ^BR
7 hours ago

Nice photo.  [ghost_smiley]

And the second of these is certainly intriguing:

Rillus Riley
This is quite exciting: http://ping.fm/67l9a - headed to Pinewood early Wednesday for costume fitting. My 2nd film with Depp...
15 hours ago

Rillus
Scene changed & costume fitting cancelled for #DarkShadows - at least that avoids the clash with my work summer party!
1 hour ago

282 days 16 hours 20 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
That's a lovely photo of David and Lara, MB.  Many thanks for posting the link.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
Construction begins on the first ‘Lone Ranger’ set in New Mexico

"Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are still in the thick of filming their current movie, Dark Shadows, in the U.K., but crews are already building sets for their next film, The Lone Ranger, in New Mexico."

The end of the DS shoot is in sight even though it has more than a month to go before wrapping.

And this article in Variety references DS:

Cash spent on production in U.K. hit record high

282 days 10 hours 16 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if Quentin and Angelique had a photo like that?  Sharing the joys of life together, not afraid of growing older...  Needless to say that could never happen.   [ghost_nowink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
jamesaadkin James Adkin
Day 1 finished with TIm Burton, Johnny Depp and co on #Dark Shadows - and finished in time to catch up on the sleep lost - result!
32 minutes ago

Hmmm - I wonder what he's doing? We heard from him back in this post
and it didn't seem like he would be acting...

282 days 7 hours 44 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2011, 01:03:14 AM »
So, are half the people in and around London going to be in the film?  [ghost_wink]  It's starting to look that way?  [ghost_cheesy]

Apparently someone from the half who won't be in the film:

Floss2 Beryl Phelps
@jamesaadkin Oh! Lucky you. I would really like to work on Dark Shadows but it seems I'm not suitable
2 hours ago

282 days 3 hours 56 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
Finally!

KathrynLeighScott_ComicConPanel2011_Part2_

Though, sadly, nothing that we haven't already heard about...

281 days 14 hours 17 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 03, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »
Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport Visits Pinewood

And saw the DS sets. And for all we know the accompanying photo was taken on one of them because we've been lead to believe that DS is using Pinewood's indoor water tank. (Though, of course, the photo doesn't show anything worth seeing...)

281 days 14 hours 8 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:54 AM »
I could swear this wasn't there all the other times I checked Twitter today.  [ghost_undecided]

AnnaisLondon Anna is London
Not so long ago I was in the set of #DarkShadows @PinewoodStudios It was an AMAZING set, incredibly well done.It is going to be a success!
7 hours ago

But better to find it late than never - especially when she has such nice things to say.

281 days 4 hours 26 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 04, 2011, 04:02:01 AM »
i almost shudder to think of the fervor and intensity of the questions about the new film that will leveled at scott, parker, selby and frid at this year's fest. it's almost too much to consider.

since those four actors were on set...however briefly...the curiosity about what's happening with the film will be stratospheric. "comic con" at least had a diverse group of attendees with varied interests...the fest is ALL DS fans. it's really going to be quite intense. [ghost_blink]

as an aside i've noticed in alot of the recent coverage that the film "stars johnny depp and helena bohnam carter". depp obviously but in some of the early reportage didn't carter herself say that she's playing a "small part" in the film? how did that evolve into a "starring" role? do you think that writers are basing that assessment on julia hoffan's prominence in the original series more than what's happening with the movie?

again the intensity of the curiosity at this year's fest could get kind of SCARY. especially given all the chatter and fear out there that burton and depp will "ruin" DS.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 04, 2011, 07:06:02 AM »
It would appear that HBC's part is much more than she led us to believe.  I don't know if she was being sarcastic with her earlier comment, but I have no doubt that HBC will be a major player in this film, with Eva Green probably having more screen time.  However, I am certain that Michelle Pfeiffer will also have a large role.  Not really sure how this is all going to work itself out...  Maybe all billing will be revealed in the teaser trailer which will be coming... soon.  Battleship already has its poster and trailer, and it's only a matter of time before we get something from Shadows.  I am guessing no later than October, but probably sooner.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
Rillus
Not going according to plan this morning - headed to pinewood, but the trains are against me! #darkShadows
3 hours ago

Looks like he's still doing the film. But at any rate, he wasn't at the studio very long today:

Rillus
Just driving down "Goldfinger Avenue" on my way out of the studio. Which is the ejector seat?
59 minutes ago

280 days 16 hours 4 minutes 19 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #764 on: August 04, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
I'm only guessing here about how the media are publicizing/discussing the film, but I think that in general, folks like to capitalize on the partnership among Tim, Johnny and Helena.  They've done a bunch of films together now, but Helena has not always had a starring role- for instance in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, her role as Charlie's mother was actually quite small, and even in Alice In Wonderland, I think she was billed as supporting actress.  It was only Sweeney Todd and Corpse Bride where she was really a lead. But I think the media like to emphasize her in Burton/Depp films, anyway, just because she's perceived as part of the package :)

All to say that while I wouldn't be surprised if Julia's role is bigger than Helena made it sound (if so, perhaps she was being sarcastic but I'd kinda take it as modesty),  I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out more of a supporting role.  But I guess we just have to see!