Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720938 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Still, they have got to edit-out that tooth-brushing scene.  Please, pretty-please.

don't count on it. it and that stupid "chevy" joke seem to be personal favorites of someone onboard. [ghost_rolleyes]

attitudes seem to be swinging back in the direction they were before the uber-campy trailer was released. and we've heard lots of positive things in recent days...

there seemed to be a certain amount of acceptance sinking in with the idea that the film was largely comedic. now hopes are high for something else. i hope people don't end up disappointed if it does turn out to be a comedy after all.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
This is why comedy is so difficult.  Everyone loves/hates different things.  I'm not sure if any one of us is happy with all of the jokes in the trailer.  But I'm glad Prof. Stokes told us that the best and worst of the jokes were included here.  That provides us a gauge.

At best, I am hoping for a very dark film with a lot of comedy.

At worst, I am expecting a comedy with some very dark moments. 

[ghost_cheesy]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Actually, more than I thought was different about the European trailer was different. Also, the color seems so much better with both the German and Italian versions of the trailer. The USA version seems to have too much of a green tint to it.

But anyway, the first thing that is different is the lead-up to the panties scene:

Barnabas storming away from Angelique ends earlier in the European version -

- than it does in the US version.
And that's because the panties scene in the European version shows Angelique actually
removing her panties -

(Click for larger image: Capture #1860)

(Click for larger image: Capture #1863)
- whereas in the US version the sequence starts with her panties already out to her side:
However, because it shows her panties being removed, the European version actually
ends a bit sooner -

- than the US version does before -

- we see Barnabas in the coffin, which also starts a bit sooner -
- than in the European version:

25 days 4 hours 58 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
When it comes to the sequence of Barnabas shot between Angelique's legs from her POV:

The European version of the scene actually cuts away with Angelique's legs still open -

- so as to show Barnabas between them -

(Click for larger image: Capture #2069)

(Click for larger image: Capture #2086)
- whereas in the US version Angelique's legs look seemingly closer together before the
shot ends:

And, of course, there's no Barnabas seen from between her legs.

25 days 4 hours 57 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And when it comes to the actual sex sequence:

The European version of the scene actually shows more graphic wrangling between
Barnabas and Angelique -

(Click for larger image: Capture #3049)
- with her gripping his back -

(Click for larger image: Capture #3051)
- moaning -

(Click for larger image: Capture #3057)
- and her digging her nails into his back:

(Click for larger image: Capture #3065)
- whereas to make up for not having any of that, the US version begins the sequence of
the camera spinning -

-before it reaches the point where the European version of the spinning begins:

25 days 4 hours 56 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The part with the falling mirror ball actually ended up being exactly the same in both versions. But if you're like me and never really even noticed Mrs. Johnson or Victoria before, here are two captures that show them.

First Mrs. Johnson mopping (off to the right in the capture):

Click for larger image: Capture #2382

And then Victoria (off to the left):

Click for larger image: Capture #2393

25 days 4 hours 55 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Still, they have got to edit-out that tooth-brushing scene.  Please, pretty-please.

don't count on it.

I seriously doubt the toothbrushing scene will be cut - especially now that thanks to the 3rd 30 second TV spot we know how/why it figures into the plot.  [ghost_wink]

there seemed to be a certain amount of acceptance sinking in with the idea that the film was largely comedic. now hopes are high for something else. i hope people don't end up disappointed if it does turn out to be a comedy after all.

I've never thought the film was going to be a full out comedy because so many people involved with it have been saying that it isn't. Though I've certainly been expecting there to be a good deal of humor. And I don't think that conflicts with either the AICN review or Entertainment Weekly's Anthony Breznican's description of the film. Both Sleepy Hollow and especially Buffy had plenty of humor to them, but neither could ever be described as a comedy. So, it those are prime examples of what the film will be like, I certainly won't be disappointed in the slightest...

25 days 4 hours 47 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new caps, MB.  I love how David always has his dinosaurs! 

And did everyone see the still of Barnabas and David - with the weird hand gesture and expression on Barnabas's face?  That's one of my favorites.  I think I am going to love their interactions. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks MB for the new captures and for comparing the differences for us. It's like an egg hunt to find the different scenes. Great job. Love the panties breakdown.

I did notice CB that David was holding something but now with MB's capture I can see what it is.
I wonder if David likes BC from the beginning or has to earn his trust.

I wonder what Vicky was looking at-it doesn't appear she was looking at what was happening. I think Mrs. Johnson is going to be a hoot. I like BC's grimace-he really means business.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just got a phone call from a friend to tell me that she saw the 3rd 30 second TV spot about a half hour ago during Days of our Lives. So, I guess that means the spots could be showing up this week during all sorts of shows. And maybe we'll even get something new...

24 days 10 hours 10 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
the REAL PREMIERE for DARK SHADOWS movie has been announced. it will be held at the chinese theatre on monday may 7th. time to be announced. more details at www.seeing-stars.com  click on calendar of hollywood events and scroll down halfway. for those of you who thought the vista event was the premiere, the jokes on you.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
MB, thanks for all your hard work on gathering, editing and posting all the screen captures.  It is so appreciated. [ghost_smiley]

The whole panties thing is a hoot and a half. [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
I dislike that tooth brushing scene from what I saw on the trailer unless of course Barn is brushing right after a messy bite . . .  [ghost_nowink]

The "chevy" remark cracks me up.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I personally think the chevy joke is funny and I think that Michelle P does the dry comedy very well.  And if the person at AIN'T IT COOL is right this is one of her best roles in years! :) 

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I dislike that tooth brushing scene from what I saw on the trailer unless of course Barn is brushing right after a messy bite . . .  [ghost_nowink]

If we can go by a sequence in the 3rd 30 second TV spot, it looks like Barnabas brushes his teeth after his breath makes Victoria wince.  [ghost_wink]

24 days 8 hours 53 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!