Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716215 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
To me, it's just kind of weird that someone would write that into a movie script...

RachelDrummand

It's beyond weird....

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Interesting, but I don't find David's line appalling or sickening, or the least bit inappropriate for a 10 year old boy.

Me either.  I would think that  David  and Carolyn are  going to have the same type of banter just like their respective parents. I have heard 10 year old boys say far worse.

I am sure he is trying embarrass the poor pubescent girl to in front of her family and "Uncle" Barnabas.

And as we know if it were Barnabas' time Carolyn would already be (in my best Butterfly McQueen voice) birthing babies.

I would assume we all remember trying to hide our sexuality as young teens with rampant hormones coursing through our bodies and being totally embarrassed by it all; especially around adults. I know I was.

As for the other "line" I don't want to know what it is; however, again I am sure I will not be shocked and/or appalled enough not to go see the movie.

The only thing that every shocked and appalled me was a certain scene from The Exorcist and if I wasn't raised in Christian religion  it may have not shocked and appalled me as much.  I am not religious myself; however, my parents were and we always had to got to church yet, I do see myself as spiritual.

A bit off topic but wanted you to see the only thing on celluloid I have seen that has caused that reaction from me. 

The Dark Shadows are upon us...CAN'T WAIT!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
While the 1991 Willie Loomis was too over the top, I did like Jim Fyfe's portrayal of 1790 Ben Loomis, who was more of a normal character.

There is one funny scene in 1790 where Ben clumsily gets in Angelique's way and she says something like "Get of my way you fool!"

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I was just updating my "timeline" for Johnny Depp that we have running on the forum I participate on.  There is so much coming up, starting in just a couple of days, that I thought I'd list them all here, and see if anyone knows of anything else to add. The timeline is just for Depp, but I've been keeping note of a few other TV appearances by other cast members, which I've put underneath (not including ones that have already taken place- I've already missed Jonny Lee Miller and Eva Green on Kimmel  [ghost_sad] )  Here goes:

2012 05 05 (and May 6) DS press junkets, LA
2012 05 07 DS premiere at Grauman’s
2012 05 08 Ellen (with Chloe Grace Moretz and Michelle Pfeiffer)
2012 05 08 Jimmy Kimmel
2012 05 08 release of Dark Shadows Score
2012 05 09 London DS premiere
2012 05 11 Dark Shadows release date
2012 05 12 Tokyo DS premiere
2012 05 13 Tokyo DS press

May 3- Chloe on Letterman
May 7- Chloe on Jimmy Kimmel
May 7- Michelle Pfeiffer on Leno 

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
One more tidbit- Barnabas/Johnny will be on the cover of the next issue of Entertainment Weekly  [ghost_smiley]

This Week's Cover: The bizarre, brotherly bond between Johnny Depp and Tim Burton

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Excellent news, madscntst!  [ghost_cool]  I was just saying to someone on Tuesday that I hoped DS/Depp would be on the cover of the upcoming issue.

And Chloe Moretz and Michelle Pfeiffer are also on Ellen with Depp? Also excellent!  [ghost_cool]  Sounds like it will be an entire DS themed show. Ellen does one film or one TV series themed shows - but she doesn't do them often - though when she does it's always for something special.

7 days 12 hours 25 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks madscntst. That list will be extremely helpful.

That line David utters about Carolyn has no place in a DS movie IMO. I am no prune but I find it distasteful. I also agree with ProfStokes position on the movie based on what I have seen and heard so far. I don't expect my position to change but you never know. I don't mind being proven wrong.

TB speaks about his background into the gloom in DS. http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/american-gothic-20120503-1xzvi.html

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Sorry I didn't know about this when I posted the EW cover article, but EW also has a piece on Alice Cooper and many of his film/TV cameos over the years.  Heads-up, Alice uses the "h" word ("humor", as in "humor in horror"  [ghost_wink]

Alice Cooper talks about his 'Dark Shadows' cameo -- and his many other memorable onscreen adventures

He is really a sweet-natured guy!

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Don't have time to read the article but I did look at the photos and I love the one of Barnabas and Angelique! Could their body language be any more different?  [ghost_grin]  And I also love the expression on Roger's face in the photo at the cannery. I so cannot wait for this film!

Thanks so much for posting scans of the article, Sara Monster - especially when I didn't get the current issue until Monday, so who knows what day this next issue will arrive in my mailbox?  [ghost_undecided]

7 days 8 hours 33 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
An interesting piece.  Thank you for sharing!

Frid would have enjoyed the attention?  Maybe he means attention to detail...  I'm not sure, because I don't think Frid wanted attention.  I could be wrong, but that never seemed to be the case.

At least we know Frid doesn't speak now.  So don't have to get hopes up about that. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just finished scanning through the CW's shows that I recorded over the past two days and apparently they're now running two DS spots in their shows: one during the first 30 minutes and another during the second. And since running two spots was what ABC did with their "special look" at DS during Modern Family last night, one might presume that the CW has something else in mind for their "special preview" during The Vampire Diaries tonight. At least one can hope they do...

7 days 7 hours 2 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

RachelDrummand

No matter how rude Lara Parker is in an attempt to goad those of us who have no intention of seeing this film (she referred to us as "the tea party" - what a nice thing to say about the original fans who used to run home and watch you, Lara. *rolls eyes*) to see it....I certainly won't.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, as excited as I may be to see the film, I do believe that anyone who doesn't really want to see it shouldn't be goaded into doing so or criticized. And, of course, vice versa when it comes to the people who are dying to see the film. Everyone has their own right to decide whether they want to see the film in theaters or not, or wait for the DVD/Blu-ray, or never watch it at all...

7 days 6 hours 54 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!