Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720927 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Josette.

Yes.  It's a totally wild idea I am throwing out there, but think of the possibilities.  If two different actresses played Josette and Barnabas's new love interest, a lot of the tension of the original would be brought back in a new way.  Once again, we would see how completely twisted, depressed, obsessed (and insane) Barnabas can be.  Having two different actresses play the part could help audiences better understand the problem of Barnabas Collins.  His desire to recreate Josette in a completely different person (actress) would exemplify a big part of the Barnabas hangup.    

[edited by admin]

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Possible Movie Spoilers.

I found a list of possible spoilers from the DS movie on another website.  I attempted to cut-and-paste the info here, but was unable to do so.  Is the cut-and-paste feature disabled on this site?  Then, I tried to insert a hyper-link, and that wouldn't work either. 

Can someone advise me of the best way to post that information here?  Or at least link to it?  It is too lengthy to re-type.  And yes, of course - I planned to hide the spoilers using the spoiler feature.

Thank you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Probably the easiest way to paste info here is to copy whatever you'd like from another Web site, come here and position your cursor wherever you want to paste it, and then hit CTRL+V (hold the control key down on your keyboard and then hit the V key). Voila!  [ghost_wink]

296 days 13 hours 43 minutes 2 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The latest tweets:

RobNerantzoulis
Morning tweeters! Today I'm doing some filming on Dark Shadows the new Tim Burton film! Excited!!! Off to pinewood;):);)
9 hours ago

(He describes himself in his profile as "Actor, Model, Dancer".

moon_tan
So excited they are filming Dark Shadows. Like the Collinwood set outside @DarkShadowsNews @PinewoodStudios @TimBurtonNews @Bella_Heathcote
7 hours ago

BarnabasCoLLins
☂We ran into Patti Smith in London when she dropped by the set of #DarkShadows to visit with her good friend #JohnnyDepp http://is.gd/57frux
5 hours ago

("Eyeliner epic" - that's certainly a good way to describe the original show!  [ghost_cheesy]  (And I certainly understand her obsession with Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep.'))

emzrhodes
Looking forward to a change of film set: from early starts on #Streetdance2 to a night shoot tonight on Burtons's #DarkShadows
4 hours ago

(Have no idea if she's acting or working behind the scenes. And IMDb doesn't list her in any capacity with Streetdance2.)

ItsMaggiecal
Just got this text: "R U free to be a nurse in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows nightshoot?" Omfg!! I soooo wish I was in London now, not Norway...
2 hours ago

296 days 12 hours 33 minutes 18 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - I missed this tweet from the 17th:

msjamiefrufru Jamie Ryan
I know everyone is excited over the Dark Knight Rises trailer, but There is a Collinwood cut out in the lobby of the theatre #Barnabusftw
17 Jul

Could that really mean what it seems to mean?

296 days 12 hours 19 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
No more scenes, please.  From the Forum Guidelines:

2. These forums also do not accept fan fiction and such works are subject to removal.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thank you, neiljohnson, for sharing the spoilers that you came across.  [ghost_smiley]  However, Midnite and I have decided that the best way for people who want to avoid spoilers to avoid them and to be less tempted to read them is to create a completely separate spoliers topic. So that's what we've done. And the spoilers that you've shared have been moved to that topc. And now people can read that topic at their own risk.  [ghost_wink]

I do have to confess that I'm really tempted to read them. But at the same time I much prefer to have everything play out while I watch the film rather than knowing things beforehand...

Thanks again.

296 days 9 hours 22 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
MillyJabba Michele Baker
Work quiet, just missed out on work on Dark Shadows, hopefully I may get another chance!! Looks like there's going to be alot going on
23 minutes ago

Hmmm - wonder what she missed out on? There is a Michele Baker on IMDb who has worked on numerous films as a location manager.

Plus there's this exchange:

RichMingus
One day left till Comic-Con, guess I should start getting ready. Little bummed there's no @ChloeGMoretz or Dark Shadows preview. #SDCC
3 hours ago

(He as well as us.  [ghost_sad])

punshr2099
@RichMingus U never know. Last year schedule changed daily.
1 hour ago

RichMingus
@punshr2099 I know she won't be there for sure (filming in London at the moment), but it would be nice for a Dark Shadows quick look. :)
1 hour ago

RichMingus
@punshr2099 She was just back in LA a couple of weeks ago, so no overnights for her.
1 hour ago

296 days 9 hours 4 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I would just die if at the end of the credits it said "Dark Shadows is a Tim Burton Production!"  ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
10 Youngsters Destined to be the Next Big Thing

Chloe Moretz is on the list - and DS is mentioned.

296 days 7 hours 15 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Moderators, for creating the Spoiler thread.  I was very unsure how to appropriately post the information, knowing some might prefer to avoid spoilers.  A specific thread for spoilers is a wise way to handle it.  Thanks again.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
No more scenes, please.  From the Forum Guidelines:

2. These forums also do not accept fan fiction and such works are subject to removal.

Sorry, Midnite.  Never thought of tongue-in-cheek "scenes" as fan-fiction.  Certainly nothing to which I would consider attributing my authorship.  Just an easy way to make commentary, I guess - as it has been done before to many readers' delight.  I won't do it again, but, I absolutely disagree that it is in any way, shape, or form fan fiction, literary, or of value.  And I would consider mostly any qualified "fiction" to be of some literary value, and not just a way to go about making snarky commentary - though you can certainly have commentary within said works.  But, like I said, I won't do it again.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
I would just die if at the end of the credits it said "Dark Shadows is a Tim Burton Production!"  ;)

Agreed! That would be a cool little tongue-in-cheek moment for those of use who are familiar with the original series.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More tweets:

xjodiexjonesx
Today went and visited the set of johnny depps new film dark shadows, there building some castle building x
1 hour ago

And who the hell knows what this is about (well, other than the obvious):

Beach_Hut_No49
@PinewoodStudios your #Gransfors axe order for #DarkShadows movie is on its way from @WealddownMuseum good luck with the filming!
2 hours ago

And apparently now there are dueling Thomas McDonells on Twitter. One account, which has been around for quite a while (@ThomasMcDonell, who has certainly seemed to be the real deal - at least DS News and some of the other stars of the DS film seem to think so) and one that just popped up today (@RealTMcDonell). Neither are verified - but @Thomas McDonell says he doesn't see any reason to have his account verified when anyone that matter knows he's the real one...

296 days 3 hours 43 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Just an easy way to make commentary, I guess - as it has been done before to many readers' delight.

Not here.   [ghost_wink]