Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719534 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #2370 on: March 01, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
FYI I just received a Paypal email indicating that the book was shipped today.

But who did you order it from? Pompress or Amazon?  [snow_smiley]

70 days 8 hours 16 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 01, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
Sorry. From KLS personal website. Pomegranate Press

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
Yes, I was getting the news directly from the KLS site.  She just received the lot she is signing and sending them out.

Incidently, Frankenweenie look fantastic.  Wish that other Tim Burton movie had a studio like Disney to promote it. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 01, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
OK - it makes sense that PomPress would release it early. Though I'm not really upset because by ordering through Amazon I got the book a lot cheaper and with free shipping. So with saving over $10 I don't mind at all waiting a few extra weeks to actually get it.  [snow_wink]

70 days 7 hours 52 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: March 01, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
Wish that other Tim Burton movie had a studio like Disney to promote it.

Well, it's not really the length of the promotion that gets people into the theaters - it's the quality.  [snow_smiley]  We shall see...eventually...  [snow_wink]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
True, but there has to be a promotion before we can judge it based on its quality.   [snow_laugh]

I hope they target the Internet crowd with viral stuff.  It's cheap and effective if done right.  Of course, TV is essential as well.  Let's hope that DarkShadowstheMovie.com gets launched soon...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oh wow - I love them!

And if you click on the credited link, you'll learn that the photos come from pages 156 and 157 of the current issue of Vanity Fair:

Collinwood Manor

Well, I know what magazine I'll be going out to buy next.  [snow_wink]

Thanks so much for the link, jimbo.  [snow_smiley]

70 days 6 hours 21 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If you check out the following link to the table of contents of the April issue, you'll see that the DS article is entitled "The Young and the Lifeless."

Inside the April 2012 Issue

It also seems as if the photos may have been taken specifically for the issue.

70 days 6 hours 10 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks MB. "The Young and the Lifeless". That is a great title. I wish WB would just let it all out (trailer!)instead of slowly releasing these photos. Are they trying to intentionally torture us (jk) or is this its part of its promotional campaign. The studio does need to step it up but I am glad they released these photos. I need to buy this issue as well.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Damnit! I looked right at the cover of that issue on Monday in the grocery store. Now I have to immediately run out and get it!

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
I just ran out and bought the magazine. The photos aren't actually in it! There is however I nice 2 page ad for Prada featuring Michael Pitt for any other Boardwalk Empire fans put there.

Oh damn,. I just realized it was the April and not the March issue. Maybe they're in the UK March issue? Should have double checked that :P

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I have to say I absolutely love what I am seeing here. 

This is my favorite picture of Barnabas.  He looks so much like a Barnabas/Nosferatu/Barlow hybrid that he is bleeding with classic vampire goodness.  How refreshing!  And the fact that he is wearing that medallion is quite a nice homage to the original series, as the portrait of Barnabas has a medallion quite similar in size and shape - even though we never saw it!  It looks like he is wearing modern clothes, though, so maybe they mixed costume elements from the past and present in this shoot. 

Michelle Pfeiffer looks so much like Joan Bennett in this photo.  I don't know what it is, but she definitely has "the look"! 

The only one I am not sure about is Eva Green.  What is she wearing?  Does it look period appropriate to the rest of you?  It's hard to tell without seeing the rest of it, but it doesn't scream '70s to me, like the rest of the clothes.  But, I think she looks terrific as Angelique. 

Thanks so much for sharing!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I really don't care for the look given Julia here.  Wrong hair and wrong frock.  Helena's look implies that the good doctor has been raiding her own sedative cabinet, too.

Overall I found these photos disappointing.  A symptom of my growing personal disenchantment with this project, or simply poor choices on the part of the photographer?  I have liked the other stills we have been allowed to see before these.

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i actually find julia's look intriguing and fun.

again the one look that's bugging me is angelique. it's too "2012". nothing about it says 1972.

in this picture in particular...the gown, the earrings, the hair...she looks like a starlet on her way to the emmy awards. i wonder what her 1772 "look" will be like.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.