Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717186 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1725 on: December 08, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »
Kathleen Cody has two FB pages and is upset that HBC called the OS DS "junk."

And here we go. I swear that IGN.com is at least half responsible for everything that's going on because HBC never said that in the video interview. As I said in a previous post, IGN.com put those words in her mouth by presenting them as a quote in their article.  [santa_angry]  And anyone who hasn't watched the video and who has simply read IGN.com's article would never know that.

Hopefully someone who belongs to her FB page will point that out to Kathleen Cody...

154 days 7 hours 9 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 08, 2011, 10:48:42 PM »
indeed the squawk over at FB is hitting a fever pitch...

it's this type of fanaticism that gives DS...and fandom in general...the worst possible reputation.

i've decided to stay out of the fray completely. since i use FB under my actual identity not the guise of some fictitious character i don't want to set myself up for the least bit of aggravation.

an actress made some off-the-cuff remarks about an old television show. it's not that big a deal. i'm surprised cody has thrown herself into the muck with such vigor. it's not like she really has anything at stake here.

i think the whole thing will blow over in a few days. think of the fit that was pitched when depp was photographed heavily made up. [santa_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 09, 2011, 01:06:17 AM »
The misquote has been pointed out to Ms Cody a few times but she is still using it

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 09, 2011, 01:20:38 AM »
Well, frankly I don't know what to think about someone who prefers to accept, not even a misquote, but a made up quote as real even after they've been told it isn't.  [santa_undecided]  Though as has been pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any logic whatsoever in what's going on with the HBC situation. And the whole thing has become beyond sad. The only thing one can hope is that, as you said, Nancy, it will have run its course in a few days...

154 days 3 hours 39 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

RachelDrummand

« Reply #1729 on: December 09, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »
I pointed out the misquote but Kathy believes HBC said it anyway despite the fact that when you read the article, it is clearly the author jumping to that conclusion based on what HBC DID say. But whatever. :)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #1730 on: December 09, 2011, 06:27:32 AM »
I will say it again. There is some cooks in fandom......that's all.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 09, 2011, 02:51:47 PM »
It's mind-numbing and this kind of attitude is how many really serious, world-shaking conflicts start.   Fortunately, none of this is ultimately that important.

Well, frankly I don't know what to think about someone who prefers to accept, not even a misquote, but a made up quote as real even after they've been told it isn't.  [santa_undecided]

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #1732 on: December 09, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
I'm sad about Ms. Cody not believing what has been pointed out to her.  It sounds like she is hurt by what she believes is true, and maybe it's just hard to get beyond that.  But it's true that so often, gossip and lies keep getting perpetuated and exaggerated on the internet.  It's off-topic but some of you may have seen another huge lie going on in the gossip sites right now regarding Johnny and a recent musical participation, and just about every single detail is incorrect!  Very aggravating, but all one can do is try to offer the truth and hope it eventually gets out there (if anyone is interested in what I'm referring to, PM me).

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 09, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
From The Interesting But Hardly Surprising Department:

Apparently Fandango posted a survey asking their users what films they're most anticipating in 2012. They received thousands of responses (according to Deadline.com) and the sorted results by gender are as follows:

Men: 1. The Hobbit; 2. The Avengers; 3. The Dark Knight Rises; 4. The Bourne Legacy; 5. Men in Black III.

Women: 1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2; 2. The Hunger Games; 3. The Hobbit; 4. Dark Shadows; 5. The Avengers.

Great to see DS on the list - though it's hardly surprising that it shows up on the women's list but not the men's. As I've said many times, the DS film is going to be something that will appeal primarily to women, and it's going to be harder to attract men to the film who aren't already Depp and/or DS fans. And once the trailers come out (whenever the hell that should be), it's going to be extremely interesting to see how Warner Brothers might try to market the film to men...

To read more about the survey, check out:

Survey Says "The Hobbit," "The Avengers" Are 2 Of 2012's Most Anticipated Movies; What Are Yours?

153 days 9 hours 2 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #1734 on: December 10, 2011, 12:23:25 AM »
Hopefully, men will still be very interested in seeing DS, too!  It's just that the men's Top Five are all high profile action-ey blockbusters that are understandably highly anticipated.  Heck, I want to see the men's #1 and #3 too!  And even the others if they get good reviews- I loved the other Bournes.  (Whereas I have zero interest in the women's #1, so there!  [santa_cheesy] )

Cathy

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 10, 2011, 02:00:13 AM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #1736 on: December 11, 2011, 12:47:01 AM »
It would be such a nice Christmas gift if we were to get a trailer soon! Aww.....:)  I cannot wait till May 12!
PS...I think Michelle is just as classy as Joan and Jean. :)  Again I was rooting for her when people on FB were saying she was too young. When in fact she was very close to Joan's age when she started.  And I am so proud of myself for staying away from spoilers.  I want to know nothing although I possibly do not something (accidentally) that upsets me.  I hope it ends up no being true.  Of course with DS anything can change...

Merry Christmas you guys!  LOVE Y'ALL! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 11, 2011, 01:37:35 AM »
as predicted all of the chatter over HBC's remarks seems to have died down considerably. at least on FB.

the FB page hasn't added any new members in days and posting there has virtually stopped. there is only so long one can spin out on something of this nature. cody hasn't had much further to say either.

hopefully this chapter is coming to it's conclusion.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #1738 on: December 11, 2011, 04:20:34 AM »
Hey guys...I obtained the new SOAP OPERA DIGEST because of OLTL special. I used to watch it years ago but I am sentimental about soaps and iconic shows that have been on for years and I usually collect stuff and tape the final episodes. I did this with AMC although I never watched any eps.  All that aside in the WHERE ARE THEY NOW? section it features David Selby and talks about him appearing the the movie. ENJOY

I had to make it very small to fit here. I suggest downloading it! :)  

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #1739 on: December 11, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
Sorry guys...I try to modify.  I hope it's big enough. If not maybe MB can fix it.  If you need the original please let me know! :)  I tried.  He talks about the movie a lot. :)