Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717430 times)

RachelDrummand

I don't know about you guys, but yeah she really came across to me as rude in that latest article. "They say they won't see it, but they will!" How does she know? I can be extremely stubborn and just for that...even if I was planning on seeing it, I won't now.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
As someone who has been a camp counselor to kids that age, I don't find it odd for a boy that age to make such a comment.  I've heard lots worse but it would not be something I would think of putting into a movie script, but that's me.:)

Interesting, but I don't find David's line appalling or sickening, or the least bit inappropriate for a 10 year old boy.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, that was interesting - they showed a 2 minute version of The Legend of the Vampire featurette.

7 days 3 hours 45 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
It was cool seeing it on TV even if it was shortened.
May you die before you want too.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I was just over at Amazon, and a couple of things:

First off, apparently the book Dark Shadows the Art of the Film will be available in the US directly. However, it's hardly cheap. But then, books of that type generally aren't. And interestingly, the listing now says it was published on the 1st even though it's still listed as a preorder that isn't available yet.  [ghost_huh]  But chances are it still isn't being released until the 8th.

On the other hand, the DS Soundtrack is still listed as being an import and the price seems unchanged since madscntst last updated us. However, the date of release now says the 22nd.

7 days 0 hours 39 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OK, now I'm really curious - what the hell happens to Carolyn at the end of the movie? And why did Letterman say that what we see is not necessarily what we get? Quite intriguing...

6 days 23 hours 27 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
As someone who has been a camp counselor to kids that age, I don't find it odd for a boy that age to make such a comment.  I've heard lots worse but it would not be something I would think of putting into a movie script, but that's me.:)

And that is my whole take on it.

Apparently the scene I so widely object to is in the final cut of the film, which is unfortunate, because it has no place being in something called Dark Shadows, and imo destroys, perhaps, the most vital character relationship in series history. 

[spoiler]I don't care about the content itself, though it is far removed from anything we are used to in DS.  But I do care about how and with whom it occurs.  How sad, because I think I would have been able to enjoy the movie if it weren't in the final cut.  And, more than anything, it proves to me that this was never anything more than a parody.  This is not how you reinvent a character or a character relationship.

You don't get the full context in this description, but it is part of a joke in regards to Barnabas adapting to the modern day...

Again, don't read if you don't want to know.  But to say I am disappointed that this ended up in the film is a vast understatement.  This is an injustice to longtime fans who wanted to see a legitimate relationship unfold between these two characters.  It doesn't explain how it happens in the description, but when you have the final context you will realize it is not in anyway authentic or appropriate: 

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AFF288423/

As Barnabas said, "I have tried to cooperate with all of you, and all I have gotten is one slap in the face after another."  That's how I now feel about the Burton project now.   [ghost_sad][/spoiler]

And the only thing that can save it for me is if the context of the scene is significantly different from what I am expecting...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
And if you want to avoid a lot more spoilers than that, don't read the link I provided.  It gives a good deal away, including an interesting note about a character no one imagined would appear. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
including an interesting note about a character no one imagined would appear.

Doubly intriguing!  [ghost_cool]  I wish it was already the 11th because the suspense is killing me!

6 days 22 hours 37 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
i posted the vampire diaries featurette on my facebook page. i dont know how to post it here.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
I agree with you.  I could have done without that being in the film.

Apparently the scene I so widely object to is in the final cut of the film, which is unfortunate, because it has no place being in something called Dark Shadows, and imo destroys, perhaps, the most vital character relationship in series history.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
DAMMMIT JANET! I thought Chloe was on the fourth. UGH....

And of course it's copyrighted....Damn.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Maybe the next generation could be in the sequel?  Just a thought...

And doesn't everyone say to stay till the end of the credits??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Nowadays, I stay to the very end of movies because so many of them have an added scene at the end of the credits.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i believe a glimpse of the controversial scene in question is actually in the trailer and alot of the ads...

it's actually kind of obvious. i'm not that squeamish about it.

i actually find the other joke(although i certainly recall as 10 year old boys making similar remarks)yuckier.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.