Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716916 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The trailer is 2:24 and rated PG.

Though that may not be the same trailer that we see on Ellen because that's a Canadian Web Site for movie theaters in Alberta and they're rating a Canadian trailer.  [snow_wink]

Though we shall see. And thanks for the link, jimbo.  [snow_smiley]

58 days 6 hours 32 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Yeah, I was about to say, "but trailers aren't rated!"  Good thing I clicked on to the next page before posting!  Actually, my understanding is that we only have 2 types of trailers in the US- green band and red band.  The vast, vast majority of trailers are green band- the ones that say "General Audiences."  This is so that even if the film is rated R, the trailer itself can be put in front of a movie of any rating (though obviously, they probably won't put a trailer for an R rated movie in front of a kid's G-rated film  [snow_cheesy]  Red band trailers contain restricted material, but they aren't that common; 21 Jump Street had one because they wanted to show some of the raunch, and sometimes horror films have them, but I don't think they bother in most cases.

I am ASSUMING that the film itself won't be rated PG  [snow_rolleyes]  In fact, have we gotten a definite rating yet?  I think that the consensus has been that it will be PG-13, though I have hoped for an R.  ETA- according to Box Office Mojo, it's "not yet rated."  But I seem to recall Zanuck or someone remarking that it was aiming for PG-13.  Did I imagine that?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
No, you didn't imagine the PG-13. Back in February Seth Grahame-Smith said they're aiming for a PG-13.  [snow_smiley]

58 days 6 hours 10 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
There can't be a definite rating until the film has been completed and submitted for a rating.  Although this close the wire, you'd hope that maybe they'd be finished and get a rating.  While there have been many times I've seen "This film has not yet been rated" on trailers and posters, I don't recall too many instances when it was for a film coming out in less than two months...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks so much everyone for the trailer rating information. Stuart just tweeted that we can see a few seconds of the trailer at the website. http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2012/03/ewan_mcgregor_-_thursday_march_15_2012.php

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oh my!

Screen captures to come as soon as I can process the promo and pull/post the caps.

58 days 4 hours 42 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Way cool!!!   [blob7]  Guys, that doesn't look like they're trying to sell "gothic comedy" to me!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
was that finally a shot of bella/josette?

she exists!

this look great! [snow_bigglass]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That could be Eva Green but Bella is most defintely in the trailer and it does look great and not a gothic comedy. Can't wait for the screen caps MB!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
caps are up on FB and it's definitely bella.

the shot of her in what looks like a straightjacket brings to mind that early shot of bella escaping from some ominous looking structure. it's seeming like that was windcliff.

even in the movie poor vicki just can't keep from being locked up.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow, where are they going with this plot?  At first I thought that shot of Bella was actually Chloe, since that seemed like it would fit in with something talked about a while back (in a discussion of the meanings of the placement of the actors in the full cast photo).  This is most definitely not a retread!  We're gonna be getting a really original story, and that is so exciting!!   [cheerleader]

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Check you times, Ellen's time is changing here.
May you die before you want too.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I guess I'll be running home from work to see Ellen Thursday! Make that speeding.
May you die before you want too.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
These files are huge at the moment because they're PNG files - but that's because the video software I have for creating clips converts all the frames of a video to PNG files. Later I'll convert them to JPG, but I wanted to get them posted.  [snow_wink]

Click for larger image: Capture #320

Click for larger image: Capture #352

Click for larger image: Capture #366

Click for larger image: Capture #378

Click for larger image: Capture #383

Click for larger image: Capture #404

And, no, none of that looks like comedy to me either...

58 days 3 hours 51 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Oh, MB, thank you thank you thank you for the screen caps!!!  (It was really hard trying to see different things more clearly on the video by hitting the pause button, replaying, hitting pause, etc...)