Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716822 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Here's the link to the DS segment on Extra:

Extra_2012_04_26_19_30_02.mp4 (37MB)

I didn't have a chance to fool around with the sound so it will probably have the same problems playing in Quicktime.

13 days 8 hours 41 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
christopher lee is looking very bill-malloy-ish in the featurette. i wonder who the heck it is if not malloy?

He certainly does resemble Bill Malloy:

But apparently appearances are deceiving. And if his character is someone we're already familiar with in the DS universe, I'm stumped as to who it is. And who knows why Barnabas is so determined to question him that he has to hypnotize him to do it? But all will be revealed before too long...

13 days 8 hours 27 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Those captures make it look like one was on the set. Thanks MB. I see the Extra segment steered clear of the comedic aspects in the movie. Thanks for posting that MB.

EW PopWatch refers to the DS movie as a "remake-spoof"
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/04/27/entertainment-geekly-summer-movies/

Interesting that the review I previously linked was pulled. What happened to free press.

An ad on Ebay from WB congratulating two Dark Shadows stars for their awards. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHELLE-PFEIFFER-congrats-ad-Dark-Shadows-Sylvester-Stallone-Apatow-CinemaCon-/300702491877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460343e4e5

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Curiouser and curiouser. If the movie Willie is supposed to have elements of Jason McGuire and Angelique elements of Burke Devlin, it should be very interesting to get the whole story on Mr. Malloy.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I didn't have a chance to fool around with the sound so it will probably have the same problems playing in Quicktime.

Yeah, Quicktime once again didn't have sound for me, but fortunately, VLC once again worked great!  Thanks so much for this clip, which I didn't know about, and all the other goodies you've shared, MB!

Apologies if this was already posted- I don't think so- Coming Soon now has a 4 page DS photo gallery, and while many are familiar, about 6 or 7 of the stills were new to me.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89690

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
The channel Starz Edge will have a "preview" on the new movie on 5-10 on a show called Starz Studio. I don't know if this will be the trailer or something more as I don't have the channel.

The channel channel will have a show on called "Dark Shadows: Beyond The Grave" on 5-11 about the new movie.

I don't know if this has been reported or not.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link!  Listening to "The End?", I finally realized:  OMG!  Elfman's main theme for this movie is a fantasia on Cobert's DS theme!  One particular sequence of intervals just hit me, and I immediately picked up on how Elfman is playing around with the original theme, twisting it around a bit, toying with the keys and rhythm, and making something brand new out of it.  The more I hear of this score, the more I love it.

I heard it too.  It's right near the end.  The reason we hadn't heard it before is the track cut off in the previously uploaded snippet.  There are definitely notes, but not the full melody...  and that was what I was hoping for.  Could've played the actual melody and then gone into the Fantasia.  That's how I have seen these things in the past.  Oh well...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Tonight during SUPERNATURAL there were two spots for DS and there also was a bumper for the preview of DS during THE VAMPIRE DIARIES next week.  Again thanks to MB and everyone for all you do!

I also got my copy of RETURN TO COLLINWOOD. I hate that some of it was rehashed but I did like then new stuff that KLS and Lara wrote about their time at Pinewood Studios.  I have to admit that when they told Jonathan  (in the book) "if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be here" I burst into tears again.

I have to say I loved the piece on the 2004 pilot. I also didn't realize that NBC wanted to do DS again as movies of the week in 1998 and that about three other times DS was going to become a series again.  I remember the Fox script.  I would love to read those others scripts and see what they have to offer. I am sure they will never come to light though. :(

I found out today I have a infection my body so I am not feeling so good. I hope to be here as much as I can. I am going on a really strong antibiotic that has made all of the people in my family very weak.  Wish me luck.  If I am not around you know why!

Love all my cousins!  The time is coming soon to see DS! Can't wait!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
SGS:  "My mandate from Tim and Johnny" was to make it "fun" and "irreverent," whereas previously it was "straightforward," "dark," and "brooding."   

http://www.screenwritingu.com/darkshadows

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
And for me that is fine. I really wasn't in the mood for another rehash. We have had how many now. HODS, 1991 and 2004; although I thought 2004 had potential if Rob Bowman wouldn't have backed out. I love what I heard about it. I love the scene I saw on Alex's page. I hope and pray it's an extra on the DVD. Now that I know it's not all comedy I have made my peace with it. :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
over on youtube full clips from the film are turning up about 1 or 2 minutes long.

the "he's a vampire!" scene with julia and liz is up. and the more of the "ball" scene, barnabas and vicki on the terrace(we hear her voice for the first time)and the boardroom scene with angelique.

they're not too spoilerish but help flesh out certain situations.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
Probably still up in the air but, TFAW.com (supplier of mostly comics, but are also selling DS books currently) has the movie available for preorder on DVD & Blu-ray/DVD combo, with a release date of September 26, 2012.
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Dark-Shadows-2012-DVD___407164

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: (**NEW Photos/Michelle Pfeiffer Interview In The April W!!** Reply #3083 )
« Reply #4003 on: April 28, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »
as much as i've made peace with the film's largely comedic tone the alice cooper cameo still makes me uncomfortable.

it's just too literal and campy. i just don't like it. [ghost_tongue]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OMG, Sara, those youtube clips are incredible!  I can't wait to see this movie!  I'm like a kid counting down to Christmas!  Thank you!!!

Gerard