Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716648 times)

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
WHY is Barnabas coming out of his coffin during the day? Has he been cured by Julia, and just prefers to sleep in his coffin anyway? There's a lot of sunlight streaming through the window directly behind him.

Suddenly I'm reminded of the daymare scene in Dracula: Dead & Loving It.

"Willie, look at me! I'm drinking wine & eatin' chicken!"  [snow_grin]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Thanks, Sara, for making an album for those photos.  Excellent work!

I remember thinking when I saw the first cast photo that it looked a lot like the Addams Family, and lately I keep thinking of The Munsters too. 

I am reminded of a line uttered by Maggie Smith in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie:  "For those who like that sort of thing... that is the sort of thing that they like."

I do have to say that the art direction in these photos is by and large stunning.  It makes one mourn for what might have been.

G.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
Thinks Gothick, but I made no album on facebook. I'm just passing along the info/links.  [whisper]

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
I do have to say that the art direction in these photos is by and large stunning.  It makes one mourn for what might have been.

That is precisely how I'm feeling about these pics Gothick.  I suspect the sublime visuals will be the one saving grace in the film.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Thanks so much Sara Monster!

Finally some pics of Vicki!

These shots are GORGEOUS. I am so excited to see the trailer later!

Also:

[spoiler]GHOST OF JOSETTE! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD[/spoiler]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
the pictures are absolutely stunning...

it's amazing what can be deduced just from looking at a few stills. who's IN certain pictures and who is NOT.

with no planned sequels(yet)i'm thinking not everyone in the cast gets out of this alive. look for the clues.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Beyond the absolutely stunning look of the photos, one thing that I found interesting is that it looks as if Angelique had dark hair in 1772. Apparently she's a peroxide blonde in 1972.  [snow_cheesy]  And sort of the opposite of the whole Angelique/Cassandra twist of the original show.

56 days 10 hours 41 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
KMR - I hope you're right.

Well, by saying I'm hopeful, what I really mean is that I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed!  [snow_smiley]

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Beyond the absolutely stunning look of the photos, one thing that I found interesting is that it looks as if Angelique had dark hair in 1772. Apparently she's a peroxide blonde in 1972.  [snow_cheesy]  And sort of the opposite of the whole Angelique/Cassandra twist of the original show.

Yeah, I noticed that and think it's appropriate, because I seem to recall bottle blondes being quite popular at that time   [snow_tongue]  And just from the photos, which may darker than what we'll see, Bella's hair seems a little darker than I thought it'd be, too. 

Anyway, I've just checked around and don't see any sign of the trailer yet-- has anyone caught it on Ellen, yet??

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Actually, I'm cursing the end of Oprah because in my area Ellen used to be on at both 9am and 3pm. But when Oprah ended, Ellen moved to 4pm, Oprah's old time on both stations.

I do find it a bit odd that nothings seems to have popped up yet. But maybe in the states I mentioned where Ellen has already aired all the people who might be likely to post something online are all at work outside their homes and they won't see it until they watch their recordings later.

On the other hand, I'll try to post something as soon as possible after I see it. That's the advantage of working at home.  [snow_wink]

56 days 10 hours 21 minutes 45 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
despite the fact that we've now been basically told that the film is a comedy i'm amazed at how UNFUNNY most of these stills look.

other than barnabas and mrs.butterworth at the breakfast table it really looks creepy and gothic. i'm so confused. [snow_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Well, the sound is awful, and I'm sure a better version will be available soon, but here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFiWGzXkeBk

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, the sound is awful, and I'm sure a better version will be available soon, but here you go!

So, obviously a lot of what Sara Monster graciously posted the links to really are from the trailer. And yes, the quality of that video is terrible, but that's what comes from videotaping it rather than recording it directly, which I'm presuming they couldn't do. But we will have a much better version later today.  [snow_wink]  As well as more high resolution screen captures...

Thanks for posting the link, madscntst.  [snow_smiley]

56 days 10 hours 2 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Having watched the video a few times, it's apparent, to me anyway, that the tone of some of the lines that seemed quite off-putting in the descriptions of the trailer are actually not as funny as those descriptions would have lead one to believe. Though that's certainly not to say there's no humor in the trailer.

And also, the clip where Barnabas says he is a vampire definitely seems to be from a different scene than the one in the dining room. Though we'll be able to tell that better once we see a better version.

56 days 9 hours 49 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just realized that in that trailer there's nothing of the cutting of the chain/the coffin shaking. Who knows what other version they used in Ellen's promo...

56 days 9 hours 32 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!