Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720932 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
JOOOOYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Thursday!

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Vicki in a straightjacket is possibly a nod to Maggie's time at Windcliff...?
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
on the picture of barnabas rising from a coffin...

it looks like it's in an otherwise ordinary bedroom. not a basement or a crypt. and we're still not hearing about an 'old house'.

does he have a bedroom at collinwood with the coffin somehow concealed?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
As Phil implied, perhaps the character of Vicki in the film is actually a composite of both Vicki and Maggie from TOS.  That would explain the scenes of Vicki in the assylum. 

Someone else (Micheal?) mentioned the coffin in what appears to be a bedroom  Perhaps more evidence that the family (in the film) is aware of Barnabas being a vampire and allows him to take refuge in the mansion.  That is a "take" that will be hard to swallow for me.

As others have said, this doesn't seem to be a comedy.  I was trying to find words to describe the style of the production, and really came up empty.  Would you call it -- traditional? exaggerated? fantasy? Creepy?  I certainly would not call it realistic.  Exaggerated gothic.  How's that?

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
there does seem to be something of a composite character happening with vicki...

but it's important to remember that the reason for maggie's institutionalization was her brutal kidnapping and imprisonment at the hands of a very evil barnabas.

here we've been lead to believe we won't really be seeing "evil barnabas". angelique is the story's villain.

so there would be no reason for vicki to be institutionalized in that way. perhaps a jealous/manipulative julia had her committed?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
There seems to be a bed next to his coffin. Maybe he is sharing a room. I hope the family doesn't know his secret. That would ruin it for me. I'm also guessing a jealous Julia locks up Vicky.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
STRANGE IS RELATIVE!   [snow_cheesy]

It's so great to see something very akin to Seaview on ABC again!  Wooo!

Thanks, jimbo!

Offline mm#7

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
I like the new stills that are showing up, and that trailer so far looks good. Cannot wait till Thursday. Better yet, May 11.

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
Feels to me like it has that Tim Burton flavor (that is to say, bizarre and unsettling, the juxtaposition of the real and the unreal, perhaps a touch of surreality) while looking like Dark Shadows.  I cannot WAIT.
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OMG is that the end of this week's ep of Once Upon A Time?! I have that recorded on my DVR but I've fallen behind watching (so what else is new) and I haven't seen this week's ep yet.

If so, I see more screen captures in our future.  [snow_wink]

58 days 0 hours 40 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Love the glimpse of Roger and Julia!  HBC really looks like she's channeling Grayson in that shot.

Fun!

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I LOVE the way that the announcer says "DARK SHADOWS"!  They are really marketing this thing all over TV.  Since it's paired with Once Upon a Time, I am thinking "Gothic Fantasy" is a good description for this "new Tim Burton film," at least I hope that the final product looks as amazing as these stills/previews!

Oh and thanks for the stills, MB!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
MB I think it is. I read the IMDb board pretty fast where the link was originally posted.

Yes Cousin_Barnabas. Nice catch. "Strange is Relative" indeed. Gothic fantasy is good.

Am I in denial? It seems the family most likely knows BC's secret with the way he appears to them.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I am so excited!!! I have from the very beginning tried my best to keep an open mind and open heart about this Dark Shadows project. And after seeing the promo from Ellen and Once Upon Time I feel like my optimistic attitude has prevailed! 

We should be thankful that a major hollywood star loves this 45 year old series and is bringing new LIGHT and attention to our BELOVED show. Let's face it fandom is not what is used to be and if the Deep movie brings a new generation to any of the Dark Shadows projects then my heart is overjoyed!! I will always be grateful to the 1991 series for bringing me to Dark Shadows. Obviously, Deep loves Dark Shadows to a point that he pushed to do this project. We should be tickled that we get to see it on the big screen once again.

I am also excited to see that the trailer seems to promote the dark aspects of the movie. 

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/