Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719528 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
MB,

This is the address for the official website of The Dark Knight:

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

There is no .warnerbros.  This is because there will most likely be a viral campaign tied to its marketing, and it needs easy access, which could be the same for Dark Shadows.

That's for the latest installment - it used to be the one I mentioned - but then, I don't keep up and I see that now the one I mentioned is only for the DVD/Blu-ray of the previous installment. Oops...

for the sake of marketing, DarkShadowstheMovie.com could very well be the official address.   [santa_smiley]

True. Though as I said, neither of them are up and running - or even associated with any sort of Web space/provider - otherwise the error that comes up wouldn't be coming up. So, only time will tell. And like borgosi, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep checking both addresses to see if anything shows up at one or the other - or even both (we should only be so lucky  [santa_cheesy]).  [santa_wink]  And one should also keep an eye on the Twitter accounts of GK Films and/or Warner Brothers because whenever an official Web site for their films comes online, they generally tweet its URL as soon as the site is up and running. I have yet to see anything from either with regard to DS...

126 days 4 hours 38 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I'm guessing it's real and it's about to go "live", so to speak, but it's just not ready quite yet.  Besides Stuart's confirmation, Coming Soon is usually very reliable.  I remember this happening with several of Johnny's previous movies, and what folks do is just keep checking it (over and over!) in hopes that something will appear on it, if only just a splash page.  And it does, eventually, but let's just hope that in this case it's sooner rather than later!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
let's just hope that in this case it's sooner rather than later!!

We've pretty much been hoping that with everything regarding the film.  [santa_wink]  Sadly, it hasn't gotten us much so far.  [santa_sad]  But like you say, it will "eventually." Though we could die of anticipation before then!  [santa_grin]

126 days 4 hours 11 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
What would suck would be to die May 10th [santa_sad].
May you die before you want too.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Ain't that the truth!  [santa_cheesy]

126 days 3 hours 58 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I hope that website is up and running. I can't wait! Time Warner is very optimistic about its 2012 slate. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/time-warner-will-consider-leaving-nyc-278778

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link, jimbo.  [santa_smiley]  Let's definitely hope their optimism certainly pays off.  [santa_wink]

Though as far as a Depp/DS Web site goes, given the error that's coming up, about the only thing it can be is in development. And one would certainly hope that it is given that DS opens in just over 4 months.

That being said, though, it could become up and running at any point...

126 days 3 hours 17 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
This is mere speculation here...  But maybe they want the wesbite up before they distribute any promotional materials.  This could be a potential hold-up, in addition to all of the other ideas discussed here.  It all depends on the marketing of the movie.  If it's going to rely heavily on viral techniques, the website would be essential.  If it is more of a traditional campaign, a poster and trailer wouldn't require the website to be functioning.  We shall see.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Please give us something! Gulliver McGrath is one of the 15 break out stars to look for in 2012.
http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/breakout-stars-2012/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I have some good news and bad news...

Good news!  MTV Is running a new story on Shadows.  It begs for a trailer...  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676873/dark-shadows-trailer.jhtml

Bad news...  The latest update in the world of tabloid "journalism" is going to give Shadows some press.  What kind, I cannot say.  It's not something to discuss on the boards, but I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new article which briefly references Dark Shadows in a piece focusing on Depp's personal life.  I can only imagine that it will be picked up and thrown about the Internet in the next few days, so new searches for Shadows will probably bring up a lot of garbage and little substance.  Sad really... 

Unless Warners decides to release that trailer!  Then the garbage articles will hopefully subside.   [santa_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the article Cousin_Barnabas. So DS Friday nights are back-how cool. I did read about the rumor about JD and it is garbage. We do need some DS news in the worse way.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
The same rumor about Johnny's personal life were going around a month or two ago, but this time it seems to have gained traction because it's in 3/4 of the news alerts I've been getting the last couple of days.  Ironically, most of the other 1/4 have them together on New Year's Eve (though the pix only show Johnny and his mom) or buying a new house together in England (also probably balderdash!).  I don't even pay attention to this stuff.  I often feel that they just spin a roulette wheel- oh, we haven't started a rumor about Depp in awhile, what can we make up about him?  Don't worry, next week it'll be Brangelina or Clooney.  Oy. 

Anyway, I'm so happy to see MTV putting the heat on them- maybe it'll push them to get moving on a DS bone to throw us!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Chloe's brother tweeted this two minutes ago.
TrevorDMoretztrevor duke moretz
Anyone else wanting to see #darkshadows trailer??

45 seconds ago FavoriteRetweetReply

ClaudeNorth

Perhaps this upcoming issue of Entertainment Weekly (http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/11/this-weeks-cover-dark-knight-rises-forecast-2012/) will have some information about the new DS movie.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Not that I don't think she deserved to win, but I can't believe that Chloe Moretz beat out four members of the cast of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to the People's Choice award for Favorite Movie Star Under 25.  Then again, given her popularity on IMDb, maybe I can...

What was I saying the other day about how she should be a major draw when it comes to the Depp/DS film?  [snow_wink]

120 days 0 hours 30 minutes 39 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!