Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720806 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
the picture of bella in 'vanity fair' is darling. nice to see her get a plug in terms of DS even though the piece does not get into detail on the film other than she's in it. i don't know who miss heathcote's publicist/agent are but they're certainly not promoting her much here.

gothic in terms of the "waitress" thing if i'm recalling in all the hazy rumors that have ebbed and flowed in regards to the film it seems there was a mention somewhere of the traditional arrival-by-train setup for vicki.

and there is still the mystery of the "young victoria" casting(alexia osborne)so i'm guessing the orphan situation is still an element of the character.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Okay, is that David Selby in his cameo role as the man holding a champagne glass behind Michelle/Elizabeth?
Yep.  [easter_grin]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Three words which - together - are not going to make people happy:  Comic.  Horror.  Violence.  Now say that without periods, and there you have one of the MPAA's descriptions of the film. 

http://www.gofobo.com/movie/dark_shadows_0

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
But why aren't we going to be happy? We already know that.

29 days 2 hours 17 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I didn't say we.  I said people.   As far as I know, we here at DSF are a species far more powerful than just ordinary people. [easter_wink]

But in all seriousness, I was referring to people who were hoping for the violence to be more serious and horror-filled, and not comic.  I, myself, don't know what comic horror violence is...  But I guess I am going to find out - and then I can decide afterwards if I like it!   

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If the scene of Barnabas attacking the construction crew is an example, I think we might have nothing to worry about.  [easter_wink]

29 days 2 hours 3 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That is what I was thinking of, as well as the whole battle with Angelique.  I didn't say anything comic about either.  So maybe the MPAA is just warped.   [easter_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I was just scanning through last night's edition of Entertaiment Tonight, and while someone from Entertainment Weekly was doing a segment (about on the bubble TV shows) I learned the upcoming issue will be the Summer Movie Preview, which, of course, means DS will be a part of it. Sadly, though, The Dark Knight Rises is the cover - and not DS - but I suppose that's more than understandable.

28 days 11 hours 0 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Okay, is that David Selby in his cameo role as the man holding a champagne glass behind Michelle/Elizabeth?
Yep.  [easter_grin]

And Lara Parker's hand holding the other glass.  [easter_wink]

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
So maybe the MPAA is just warped.   [easter_wink]

Well, doesn't that go without saying?   [easter_rolleyes]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
 [pointing-up]

[rofl10]

Rated PG “for fantasy action/violence involving scary images and situations, and for a smoking caterpillar.”

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Twilight for adults: Johnny Depp tries to ditch his sex symbol status as new images are revealed of his sinister Dark Shadows make-over

(Thanks to Gothick for pointing me to this.  [easter_smiley])

28 days 9 hours 1 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Twilight for adults: Johnny Depp tries to ditch his sex symbol status as new images are revealed of his sinister Dark Shadows make-over

What's with all the reference to Twilight?  Is the person who wrote this 20 years old?  It's like, if it has to do with vampires, then it's a variation on Twilight.  The shallowness of some people's cultural knowledge is breathtaking...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
KMR, that article is a typical example of the UK Daily Mail's stripe of "journalism" (read: hack phrase-making pandering to the absolutely rock-bottom lowest market denominator).  My friends always refer to the rag as the "Daily Fail." 

Some people do read the thing regularly for the tacky camp entertainment value.  The typical Fail piece is a lurid description of some troubled pop-tart with a name like Britney, JayHo or Tina on a major drugs and drink bender, illustrated with paparazzi snaps of the celeb looking like death warmed over with anatomical parts hanging out of minimal clothing and badly misplaced makeup.

At least the photos in the DS puff piece are decent.

G.