Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716230 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I totally agree MB. That would make no sense.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Great photos.  I love the art direction.  Now if only the screenplay proves to be up to par.

That site address is obviously located in Brazil, and as MB said, release dates in other parts of the world are likely to be later than the US.  But who knows.

Following the progress of this project has really been like some sort of interactive detective story.  Miss Marple, anyone?

G.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow, these stills just keep getting better and better! Aside from just a very slight hesitation about the foyer, I am just loving the production design! The sets, the costumes, the colors--wow!!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
These are fantastic!  Thanks for much for sharing!

Again, the mysterious Victoria Winters is AWOL...  But now we have seen every member of the main cast except for Jonny Lee Miller and Bella. 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
weird right?

if it weren't for the early shots of bella on the beach with depp and "escaping" from some sort of ominous structure it would be easy to forget she's in the movie.

i don't get it. isn't she barnabas' "lost love"? strange she's not being more highly marketed.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
IF several of the photos are from the night Barnabas introduces himself to the family, it's possible that Victoria hasn't arrived at Collinwood yet. Though that possibility does nothing to explain why Roger hasn't popped up in a photo yet...

Wouldn't it be a hoot if for some reason Angelique is at Collinwood on the night Barnabas arrives? Can you just imagine what that would be like?!

64 days 1 hour 51 minutes 7 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
I've imagined it for years!  Once upon a time I was going to write a fanfic setting Dark Shadows in 1970, with Angelique an established member of the family when Barnabas is released.  Sorta like HODS, but maybe with less beloved characters impaled.
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
What awesome pictures! Thanks for posting Sara Monster!

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Bella Heathcote and Jonny Lee Miller aren't box office draws. Releasing still of them wouldn't generate much buzz.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I don't believe that we've seen any promo material with Christopher Lee yet either

Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
On the other hand, I find possible focus group interference far more worrisome than anything Burton might be doing. Yes, the Wizard of Oz focus group skit they showed on this year's Oscars was funny - but one reason it was so funny was because there was so much truth to it when it comes to what can and does sometimes happen in those groups. Let's not forget the example I cited about six months ago of how Brad Pitt complained that his favorite scene in Legends of the Fall was taken out because audience response during test screenings ranked it the #1 most hated scene - and despite the fact that it was also ranked the #2 most liked scene...

Yes, this really does scare me...  Now, if we were in the focus group, I would not mind!   [snow_cheesy]

And, in response to the potential date change:  That is interesting if it is referring to the US date.  As you said, I cannot see it going up against ALVH though.  So the author could be mistaken, this could be an international date, OR ALVH could be getting moved as well...  We shall wait and see.  Whether we get Shadows in May or June, it doesn't really matter to me, so long as the movie is as good as it can possibly be and it does as well at the box office as it possibly can. 

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I'm quite sure it's still opening on May 11 in the US.  It looks like it's opening on May 9 in France, and on June 22 in Brazil.  Release date is going to vary from market to market.

As far as focus groups go, is there much history of Burton's films being edited much due to audience response?  Considering how close we're getting to the release date, and considering how personal this project is to both Burton and Depp, I think the final product we get will be the one that they are both happiest with themselves.  Of course we don't know anything about the details of the contract with Warner Bros.--who knows how much creative control was a factor in negotiations.  It did seem to take quite a while for this project to get greenlighted.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Whoa!

Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer in 'The Lone Ranger': first look

I wonder if those complaining about Barnabas' look in the DS film will see the saving grace in that at least he doesn't have a bat on his head?  [snow_wink]

Seriously though, there could be a perfectly good reason why Depp/Tonto looks the way he does in that photo. I don't know what it is. But it could be there.

(And let's not even go into the fact that The Lone Ranger fans already have a photo and I don't think shooting has even been going on for a month yet. But then they're not dealing with Tim"I like everything to remain a complete mystery and to keep everyone guessing" Burton...)

63 days 8 hours 26 minutes 2 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Went to the movies earlier this week and there was a poster for a new Tim Burton movie.  Only thing is that it's for Frankenweenie which doesn't open until October! [snow_huh]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
You can vote for "your favorite type of weird" Johnny Depp character here:

http://www.thefablife.com/2012-03-08/johnny-depp-12-weirdest-characters-tonto/

Barnabas has 7.81 percent.