Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 722129 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
did you scroll down and read the blurb for each character below the photo?

No, I haven't read the article yet. I can't seem to get past the photo!  [ghost_grin]  But I'd better go do that now.  [ghost_wink]

231 days 11 hours 49 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
AAAAA, I love it!!!

David

[ghost_smiley]
It's FANTASTIC, and very similar to a 1967 cast photo. I assume the naysayers are happy now?

I think the film will be huge, and will finally put DS on a level playing field with Star Trek--no more second fiddle for us!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
As you may recall, I didn't put much stock in those paparazzi photos given how little we know about the context or reason for the extreme makeup.  That said, Depp looks like a Baby Barnabas almost but he certainly does look more like the original Barnabas in style than we've had.  For a moment, I thought Grayson Hall was in the shot . . .  utterly wild.  And that room . . . like you, I cannot wait to see the rest of the interiors for this movie.

I love everything about the photo - though I have to confess that the first thing I noticed was that, just as Anthony Breznican had said, Depp doesn't much resembled those paparazzi photos. And that he does indeed resemble Frid's Barnabas. But once I checked out other things I was even more thrilled. I love the way all the characters are presented. And my god, that room! I absolutely cannot wait to see the rest of Collinwood based on that.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
In reading the text from EW, I'm surprised and a little disappointed that (I'll put this in spoilers just in case folks don't want to know details [spoiler]Barnabas is unearthed by construction workers and not Willie Loomis, and that Willie has been their groundskeeper for years.  I guess I was expecting this one aspect to hold from the original series.  [/spoiler]  But I guess I can deal with this.  The rest of the cast looks fantastic- lol at Helena channeling Grayson, and the smug look on Jonny Lee's face!!  And poor old Mrs. Johnson in the background! (I was wondering who the old lady was until I read the descriptions  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
[spoiler]Perhaps they dispensed with the search for jewels angle because once they decided that the Collinses wouldn't be as rich as they once were, it would seem odd that no member of the family (and so far as the present goes, Roger) wouldn't have tried to find them long ago and probably succeeded.

What fascinates me, though, is just where IS Barnabas buried that construction would unearth him? It would appear that he's not in a mausoleum, so where the hell did Angelique bury him?![/spoiler]

231 days 11 hours 14 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

RachelDrummand

I still don't like it. It looks too much like the Addams Family. And I didn't see Grayson Hall in this. She looks more like a toned down Red Queen in that wig.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Oh I sincerely doubt the photo will change the same minds who disliked the film before shooting had started.  Closed is closed. [ghost_rolleyes]

[ghost_smiley]
It's FANTASTIC, and very similar to a 1967 cast photo. I assume the naysayers are happy now?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I can't honestly say I see the Addams Family. Like David, when I first saw the photo, one of my first thoughts was how much it resembles the 1967 cast photo from the original series:

And considering the article says that that's what Burton was going for, I guess that's not a surprise.  [ghost_smiley]

231 days 10 hours 55 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

RachelDrummand

I'm entitled to not like the film based on what I've read and seen thus far.  But if that makes me closed-minded, whatever.  I'll still see the movie but I'm not going to get my hopes up for it.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
I am for one very excited at the look and feel of this. I can deal with the story changes and IMHO did not want to see a rehash of the same old plot lines.

[cheerleader] I likey!!!! [cheerleader]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I don't know how a cousin here can say another cousin is closed minded-very condescending and assuming imo

I had to click on the photo to get a better look. I do see an Addam's family element but I am also a bit relieved.

There is a comment at Bella's character's description that immediately remineded me of what was written at the Spoiler thread here by the person who started it.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Oh no, Victoria - what I said wasn't directed towards you or anyone in particular here.  I was talking about people who disliked the movie before they saw or heard anything about it at all. [ghost_wink]  Sure, opinions are going to develop based on what information we get and photos we see once filming has started.  The "I hate it already" thinking I saw mostly on FB message boards.

I'm entitled to not like the film based on what I've read and seen thus far.  But if that makes me closed-minded, whatever.  I'll still see the movie but I'm not going to get my hopes up for it.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That's what I thought of as well.

when I first saw the photo, one of my first thoughts was how much it resembles the 1967 cast photo from the original series

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
There is a comment at Bella's character's description that immediately remineded me of what was written at the Spoiler thread

I still haven't read those spoilers and don't intend to.  [ghost_smiley]  But if there's something in them that's also somehow repeated in what EW has written, then that would certainly seem to indicate that at least some of what's written in the spoilers may not be as farfetched as some originally thought, in which case I'm even more happy that I haven't read them.  [ghost_wink]

231 days 10 hours 14 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!