Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 722444 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
alonelikmacauly alonelikmacauly
Audience of hardcore fans seem worried burton and depp are going to ruin dark shadows. Old stars had to calm them down.
34 seconds ago

293 days 2 hours 11 minutes 49 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, I suppose that's about it. A bit more than I expected because I didn't expect LP and KLS to talk about being on the set. But was that in any way a surprise? No. We already knew for certain that LP and Frid were on set. And anyone who knows KLS could have easily figured out she'd be there too.  [ghost_wink]

If you ask me, the actual surprises weren't at all related to what was told to the audience - the real surprises were for the stars and Pierson when they were confronted with the audience's fears about the film. But perhaps whatever the stars said to calm the audience will also calm that entire faction of fandom. I suppose we'll see...

And if any footage of the panel gets posted to YouTube, as was the case with some of last year's panel, I suppose it might be interesting to see/hear them talking about being on the set. Well. so long as the discussion is at least in part about the actual set and not all about them simply being together on the set - and I'm sure everyone here knows exactly what I mean by that.  [ghost_wink]

293 days 1 hours 41 minutes 32 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
One more bit of news: a report on JOHNNYDEPPREADS says that while LP and KLS said they couldn't tell the audience what Depp looks like as Barnabas, they did say that he looks "beautiful."

I wonder just how long Barn's look for the film is going to remain under wraps?  [ghost_rolleyes]

293 days 1 hours 29 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
indeed miss scott likes to keep her association with DS front and center. so there's no way she'd allow something as juicy as this film go by without attempting to participate in some way...

i'll bet pomegranate press already has a book in the works. [ghost_wink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I'm wondering that too, MB.  I would have thought that at the very least, a pub photo of Depp in character as Barn would have been released by now.

I guess Burton is really just enjoying building up the suspense...

G.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
A photo of Depp as Barnabas probably won't be released until later this year. October would be a nice time to start promotion since Halloween is during that month and DS is VERY supernatural. I wouldn't be surprised if a trailer premiered before something horrid like Paranormal Activity 3.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Very nice photos. But, um:

When did DC adopt Pierson? Or are we to assume he's been DC's illegitimate son all along?  [ghost_huh]

And I think they switched around which film (hoDS or NoDS) will be restored with "previously edited" footage. (But if anyone wants to comment on that, please do so in the "hoDS/NoDS DVD Release" topic.  [ghost_smiley]

As for the rest, it's really nice to see that Depp continues to be extremely gracious. And, well, it's not really that surprising that David Selby will also cameo in the film. (What would be surprising is if someone like Alexandra Moltke or Kate Jackson did - but alas...)

Thanks for posting the link, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]

292 days 13 hours 35 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I was hoping for a Selby cameo!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And you have gotten it.  [ghost_wink]

292 days 11 hours 2 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Nice to hear about Selby's participation.  I was wondering whether his schedule would permit him to do it, if they offered it to him.

MB, the way I read the report, "Dan Curtis's son" is somebody other than Jim Pierson.  But I never knew Dan had a son.  I had heard about a daughter or daughters.  But then, I'm hardly an authority on the Curtis bio.

I am glad that Cobert's original theme will "figure" in the film.  I'd rather have more Cobert cues interwoven with the usual Danny Elfman Mickey Mouse stuff.  But they're not making this movie for this likes of yours truly.

Michael, I'm sure you're right about Pom Press already planning the Depp Shadows book.  LOL!  That is exactly why I take whatever KLS says about the movie with hefty helpings of salt.  It's just the latest option in her very own cottage industry.

On with the motley!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Once again, see what happens when you read something quickly before you've had your morning caffeine.  [ghost_wink] [ghost_embarrassed]

But in my defense, Curtis' son was never mentioned as being a part of the panel - nor is he identified in any way in the photo (if that is indeed him sitting next to Pierson). And like you, I don't believe I've ever heard of him before. But then, I've never really paid attention to DC's personal life.

As for Pom Press, KLS sold that off years ago. But, of course, that doesn't mean that its new leadership can't do a book about the film.  [ghost_wink]  And after all, it is Pom Press that's publishing KLS' new novel, so she obviously still has an association with them.

292 days 10 hours 41 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DC did only have daughters-- two survived him.

Is it me, or does the guy in the photo look like (DS fan) Michael Culhane?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OK, so that just makes any mention of DC's son in that report all the more bizarre. But then, obviously the writer didn't exactly get all his facts correct, anyway, so...  [ghost_rolleyes]

And I don't think I know Michael Culhane.  [ghost_undecided]

292 days 10 hours 13 minutes 39 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OK, I just realized who Michael Culhane is - and it does kinda look like him. Hmmm...

292 days 10 hours 4 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!