Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717126 times)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Announced on Facebook: Jonathan Frid is flying to London next week to film his cameo for the film.

AWEsome- since they mentioned that Alice might have a cameo I've been thinking that if he gets one, Frid (not to mention several other DS original cast stars) should also get cameos.  I wonder who he will be?  (I'm putting my money on "Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker").  I'm firewalled from FB here at work but look forward to checking it out when I get home!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Even on Gone With the Wind, many sets were finished...  through the special effects wizardry of hand-painted mattes and it all worked flawlessly.

As on the classic Monster Movies of Universal Studios, namely Dracula.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Is Summer 2012 Already Becoming Summer 2011?

We should only be so lucky that the Depp/DS film makes roughly a billion dollars worldwide!  [ghost_wink]

And I need to clarify the post about Frid's cameo. The Facebook posting was made last week - so Frid will be doing his cameo this Tuesday, meaning tomorrow.

318 days 3 hours 52 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Another mention of DS shooting at the Transport Research Laboratory:

Johnny Depp to shoot film at TRL in Crowthorne

Back when it was mentioned on Twitter, I tried to do some research on Google to figure out why they would shoot there, but I didn't really come up with much - nor could I even find a picture of the place. But I suppose that eventually we'll learn why they're shooting there...

318 days 3 hours 35 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
KatiePennick
At @PinewoodStudios, I just accidentally parked in Jonny Depps parking space. My bad
3 hours ago

KatiePennick
They're filming Dark Shadows here at the moment - some impressive sets up and I nearly got trampled on by a team of stunt men
2 hours ago

Earlier tweets indicate she's working at Pinewood all this week. But who knows who she is or what she's doing...

317 days 13 hours 24 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
KatiePennick
At @PinewoodStudios, I just accidentally parked in Jonny Depps parking space. My bad

For some reason, this just cracked me up.  I can just envision it: "Hey, that's my spot!"  "Ya snooze, ya lose!"

Anyway, here is another article intimating that Alice will be in the film:

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2011/06/28/caught-social-%E2%80%98johnny-d%E2%80%99-gets-a-job-offer/

Somewhere I read that Alice, Tim and Johnny were all having dinner together the night before the show, when Alice invited Johnny to play.  I can't seem to locate that exact one, but here is a little brief snippet of Alice himself recalling the invitation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13942350

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
URL for large wooden statue in Bourne Woods:  www.geograph.org.uk/photo/52891.  No mention as to why it was removed in 2007.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks to chloegmoretz.com, sixteen new photos have just been posted of the completed Collinwood set and surroundings: 'Collinwood' - Widows Hill house receives final touches

There actually is another door at the far right of the set. But is that also an abandoned car on the property?!  :o

317 days 2 hours 33 minutes 5 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
How so, mscbryk?  They only need the first story of the house as the rest is CGI. 

perhaps more than the set being incomplete i just assumed that collinwood would be the film's main location so i was surprised to hear that filming there was already done.

it's only been a few weeks. [ghost_huh]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
My guess would be that more scenes take place inside Collinwood than outside.

What's interesting about aston5man's belief that shooting may already be completed on the set in 3 or 4 night shoots is that the person who originally tweeted about shooting beginning there said they had heard shooting was going to last for 11 days. So, who knows? Not that I'm saying the people who have shared info were lying - but obviously what they were told by security and/or the set builders is definitely conflicting...

317 days 2 hours 16 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently Schultz & Wiremu (the costume and fabric printers, painters, designers, dyer, & distressers) have finished their work on DS:

multidyer
We have now finished on Dark Shadows! Not sad !!we are now moving on to 2 more films but will give you details when defo confirmed 8))
3 hours ago

317 days 1 hours 51 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Those shots on Chloe's site are really fantastic.  I have spotted even more architectural details from Seaview incorporated into this design.  Phenomenal!

Thanks, MB!

G.

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Forgive me if this has been covered already, but I'm facebook friends with Lara's daugher Caiti and she said on her page that Lara would be leaving for London next week to film her cameo in the new movie!!  So I'm guessing that maybe a few of the other actors will be involved as well??  I can't wait to see it!
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
interesting news!

i wasn't aware that any of the original actors other than frid were doing cameos. we haven't heard about casting for mrs. johnson yet...what a coup to get la parker in that part.

i had another thought on the rationale for casting such a young actress in the role of carolyn.
perhaps with green and heathcote on board the producers thought that given the two hour time frame three young woman roles were redundant and having a teenager created some differentiation.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Rumor has it that other cameos will take place during a masquerade party scene. But who knows...

317 days 0 hours 36 minutes 4 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!