Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716259 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Is CapnZeus that famous that Depp and Pfeiffer are excited to meet him or is he just joking?
I didn't know where to place this article by CBS Watch Magazine released two hours ago as it covers many areas but how could the writer leave out Night of Dark Shadows? http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2lCuno/cbswatchmagazine.com/blog/2011/06/20/bite-club/

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Why would anyone want to be in LA when you could be in England!

For the palm trees in the background shots!

Gerard

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
For the palm trees in the background shots!

[ghost_grin] Yes! A little CGI can erase those eye sores....hee,hee.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows News has posted four new photos of the Collinwood set/surroundings: More Movie Set Photos . Because they were also taken this past weekend, the two shots of the Collinwood facade are extremely similar to the ones that were posted by others on Sunday, but the two of the wall/gate are definitely worth a look. Interesting if that wall surrounds the Collinwood estate...
(In case anyone missed reading aston5man's reply to one of the comments about his photo of the wall/gate, he said that it's "about 100 yards from the main building on a different part of the site." He also theorized that rather than being a part of the Collinwood estate, it could be a part of a cemetery...)

As for Twitter, so far there's not much new today. I see where Malibu Magazine didn't get around to tweeting about their Eva Green interview until today (despite the fact that it's been up on their Web site since the 10th). And I also see that Bella Heathcote has resurfaced again and tweeted that she's enjoying London - though nothing about DS. What might be significant is that she's changed the photo of herself to one with dark hair. Perhaps it's actually a publicity shot from the film. Or perhaps not. Check it out here and see what you think...

323 days 13 hours 30 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The fountain looks real close to the entrance although the photo's depth could be misleading

This photo on Dark Shadows News shows the fountain from a different angle, and there appears to be quite a bit of distance between the fountain and the entrance.  [ghost_smiley]  Though to really see it, one probably needs to download a copy and enlarge it.  [ghost_wink]

323 days 13 hours 5 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
MB, I remember seeing that image of Bella before shooting - maybe on FB (?) - , so I don't think it has anything to do with Shadows. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I figured it was a long shot that it was connected to DS because absolutely nothing has come out connected to the film.  [ghost_sad]  And if I'd thought to do a Google search sooner, I would have discovered earlier that the photo is from a piece on Bella that appeared in Interview (yet another article that Google Alerts seems to have missed: Bella Heathcote.) There's no date on the Web site for the article - but a bit of additional digging reveals that it was out back in April.

And while I'm at it, a couple of other things I keep forgetting to say:

Apparently Google Alerts missed this interview, posted on June 10th: Eva Green

I do love that when asked to describe Angelique, Eva Green sums her up by saying that she's so "madly, madly in love" with Barnabas that she's "really koo-koo."  [ghost_cheesy]  And I also love that she describes the Barnabas/Angelique relationship as "a passionate, obsessed love story." I suspect that's what most fans want to see when it comes to the two of them.

I think its a stroke of genius that Julia is the family physciatrist! LOL Great way to explain her being around all the time! :)

It IS a stroke of genius. The Collinses should have just gone ahead and admitted as much on the original show because Julia was definitely their live-in phychiatrist/general-practitioner/sedative-dispenser.  [ghost_grin]

323 days 7 hours 6 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm...

kr_shhh
Today for work I had to find herbal green tobacco that we can pretend is marijuana on film! Movie magic.
1 hour ago

323 days 4 hours 42 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If I was this person, I wouldn't count on this:

EdenLestrange
JOHNNY/HELENA ARE IN ANOTHER MOVIE THAT TIM IS PRODUCING.
3 hours ago

EdenLestrange
IT'S CALLED DARK SHADOWS. AND FOR ONCE, I THINK JOHNNY AND HELENA END UP TOGETHER.
3 hours ago

Though it would be interesting, especially for Julia fans, if that's the way things turn out...

323 days 4 hours 23 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Heavens!  The green friend at Collinwood? What can be next--a sequence shot in a--a bathroom at the Great House??

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Any bets on the characters partaking?  Probably the extras, but I could see any number of the main cast doing it as well... just not Liz.  At least, I hope NOT Liz. 

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Well it is the 70''s after all.  I am not suprised MJ plays a part.  I know it's just a prevelant today but again  when I think 70's I think MJ, LSD, you get the picture! :)  I am so excited about the movie! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just came across this tweet from Chloe Muton-Phillips, who's one of the make-up artists working on DS (though who the hell knows what it means because, of course, there's no further explanation  [ghost_sad]):

chloempmakeup
#darkshadows everything's just got a little more exciting!
6 hours ago

As for the marijuana, just because it will be featured in some way in the film, that doesn't necessarily mean it will actually turn up at Collinwood. Remember, they're shooting a club scene this week (the one extras were rehearsing their dancing to the tune of Alice Cooper).  [ghost_wink]  Though that being said, having Barnabas get stoned seems like something Seth Grahame-Smith might do. Though that could also happen at the club, too...

And apparently the film is still hiring behind the scenes people because Adam Stevenson, who works as a freelance Audio/Visual Technician, tweeted this today:

AdamASAV
Just got offered some work on Tim Burtons film Dark Shadows but i'm already working on those dates :(
3 hours ago

322 days 12 hours 26 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I thought this was a fun comment from a friend of Hugh Kerrigan, who's working on DS as part of the miscellaneous crew (meaning he does a lot of different jobs):

EmilySharratt
Slightly concerned that @hueykerrigan is going to BECOME a vampire after a week of nights on #DarkShadows
27 minutes ago

322 days 9 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

(And there's nothing like a raging thunderstorm to get you in a DS mood. Even though it's not even 3pm yet, it's practically pitch black out with thunder crashing and lightning flashing every few minutes. Good times.  [ghost_grin]  (And it's a good thing my connection to the Internet is wireless.  [ghost_wink]))

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two hours ago on Twitter, Chloe Moretz asked people to ask her some "fun questions."  Three people asked her about DS - she didn't answer one. The only question she did answer that wasn't complete innocuous (like "Panda bears, are they just black bears who ran out of ink?" [ghost_huh] or "what's your shoe size" [ghost_blink] or "do u like cheese?" [ghost_rolleyes] - yes, she did answer those) is this:

LIVESTRONG_girl
@ChloeGMoretz If you could have lunch with any actor/actress dead or alive, who would it be?
1 hour ago

ChloeGMoretz
@LIVESTRONG_girl audrey hepburn because shes the most amazing actress of all timeee
1 hour ago

Well, if she wants to pattern her career after Audrey Hepburn's, I suppose that would definitely be one to try to emulate.

And maybe Chloe doesn't think questions about DS are "fun" enough, so that's why she didn't answer them. Or again, perhaps she can't, even when someone simply asks her:

Miss_Autonomy
@ChloeGMoretz are you excited to work with the icon that is Michelle Pfeiffer? Can't wait for Dark Shadows! What a brilliant cast
1 hour ago

The answer to that could have been very interesting. But alas...

322 days 7 hours 18 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!