Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118728 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1905 on: March 26, 2024, 05:44:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #403 (1796) - Millicent - 'No, no, you MUST NOT come with me.'

From  "#0403/0404: Robservations 03/19/02: Barnabas Confronts His Witch-Wife"
Nathan and Millicent giggle together on the terrace. They've apparently been meeting in secret, and he's been quite touchy-feely with the airheaded heiress. She shocks herself in his presence, she says breathlessly. He tells her she's falling in love, but she wisely points out that he always talks about her loving him, but never the other way around. (Millicent is sharper than she appears.) He wants her to invite him to tea, but she insists that's flaunting the rules, and he says he hates rules.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, Millicent delivers it just as she and Nathan finish giggling together and before Nathan replies that that's nonsense because he always sees his ladies home. And to that Millicent says that a lady wouldn't be getting in so late and wonders what she should say if someone sees her? Nathan offers that it was such a lovely night that she decided to go for a walk, but Millicent points out that she never walks and that it's not lovely, it's black and gloomy. Nathan comments that's how she is so suddenly, and when he tries to pull her closer she pulls away and tells him, "No." Then Nathan comments that she's changed too quickly as he follows her through the gate and into the terrace and points out that an hour ago she was more than willing to let him... But she cuts him off by saying, "Lieutenant, please," which makes Nathan question why she addressed him that way and he points out that she hasn't called him that since to first night she stole out to meet him. Millicent insists she's not going to do that ever again. Nathan asks, "Do you really believe that?" Millicent replies that she's going to try not to do it again and adds that she's not at all like the way he makes her-she shocks herself-and that's bad for one's constitution...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'I MUST have eyes that follow him everywhere. I MUST have eyes that tell me everyone he sees') was back on March 4th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 27, 2024, 05:54:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #514 (1968) - Maggie - 'Pop and Joe MUST be back from the Blue Whale by now and they'll be wondering what's happened to me. I've got to go, Willie.'

From  "Robservations 6/10/02 - Liz and Stokes vs. Cassangelique - #513/514"
Maggie is puzzled about why she keeps thinking of this place, but Willie puts an arm around her and leads her to a chair. He's been lonely, and he wanted someone to talk to, and bam, she showed up. He's been thinking a lot of her lately. He wants them to get together. Perhaps, she responds, which pleases him greatly. He leans in close and asks her not to wear those earrings next time she visits--they look too valuable, she might lose them.
He wants her to take them off and put them in her purse, perhaps they can take a walk, then go downtown. Once the earrings are off, the trance is broken; Maggie switches gears--she has to go home, she tells him. Willie is confused, did he say something wrong? No, she says. She can't understand the strange feelings she has while in the Old House. Willie again asks her to stick around and keep him company, but she races out.

The Robservations only slightly references the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 28, 2024, 03:18:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #759 (1897) - Laura - 'I MUST.'

From  "Robservations 1/8/03 - #758/759 - Barn & Ang Combine Forces"
Cottage - Laura thanks Ra, seeming weak.  Dirk comes in and holds her, urging her to rest on the sofa.  She looks around, talks to Ra--you've helped me so many times--but I've asked for your help too often, she says--and now you want me back.  Dirk tells her, you're imagining that someone wants you--you can't go away now, I won't let you.  You can't stop it, she tells him, you can't waste my time--I have so little left with so much to do.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, it comes up after Dirk tells Laura that she cannot go away and before he says he's not going to let her...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 29, 2024, 05:38:28 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1212 (1841PT[-1967]) - Julia - 'The curse MUST be appeased. It is our duty as a family to appease it. There is no other way.'

From  "#1212/1213: Robservations 12/17/03: Gabriel Escapes"
You're new here, says Julia, new to our ways--of course you're entitled to whatever opinions you have--but I would caution you not to try to impose yourself on this house too quickly.  What exactly do you mean by that? asks Catherine  I mean, says Julia severely, that you are not the mistress of this house.  Is it your impression that I am trying to take over the family? demands Catherine.  You are an ambitious person, says Julia--there's nothing wrong with ambition, as long as it doesn't affect the rest of the family
--we don't like change, we will not accept it.  Catherine, her forehead creased, says, "I see--are you finished?"  Not quite, says Julia, since you objected so to the lottery, I might assume you would do something to change its outcome--you probably think you're alone in feeling sorry for Gabriel--that's not true--we all feel very sorry about the ordeal he has to face, but not one of us would stop him from going into that room.  And you think that I might, suggests Catherine.  Yes I do think you might, says Julia--you would regret it--the curse must be appeased, and it's our duty as a family to appease it--there's no other way.  Having made her point, Julia leaves.

Because it adds the word "and" and it changes "it is" to it's," as in "and it's our duty," the Robservations doesn't quite reference the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 30, 2024, 05:00:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #515 (1968) - Sam - 'Yes. I wouldn't harm you so you MUSTN'T harm me.'

From  "Robservations 6/11/02 - #515/516 - Tragedy; Rescue"
Events spiral out of control as Sam orders Maggie behind him. He holds up his cane and reminds Adam he's his friend. Friend, repeats Adam. Don't harm me, says Sam, I wouldn't harm you. Adam is getting calmer.
"Maggie is my friend," says Sam, wanting Adam to repeat it, but Adam insists, "KILL MAGGIE!"

The Robservations paraphrases the quote and gets both main points across...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 31, 2024, 03:30:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #760 (1897) - Barnabas - 'There MUST be no fire or flame in the house this evening. All fireplaces, oil lamps, candles and stoves MUST be extinguished.'

From  "Robservations 1/9/03 - #760-761 - Died By Fire"
Barnabas paces the drawing room.  Edward comes in and asks if Laura has come downstairs, then assures him that the children are safely hidden from her.  I should have known she was plotting something, he says--why else to come back to Collinwood?--doing something to the children would hurt me the most--Laura can look for them, but she won't find them.  She has unusual powers at her command, warns Barnabas.  I can't buy that, says Edward--she's disturbed and dangerous, but supernatural powers?--absurd!  Take me word for it, says Barn, and be prepared--her powers are weakening, but she's desperate and has little time and will use what powers she has to communicate with the children.  How, if she doesn't know where they are? asks Edward.  Take precautions, cautions Barn--no fire or flames anywhere this evening--extinguish everything, but use electricity wherever possible.  Absurd, insists Edward, but allows Barnabas to do what he suggested.

Again the Robservations paraphrases the quote but manages to get the main points across...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 01, 2024, 06:08:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #516 (1968) - Julia - 'If you- if you MUST destroy, destroy the one who was responsible. Destroy Cassandra Collins. Destroy the witch.'

From  "Robservations 6/11/02 - #515/516 - Tragedy; Rescue"
Willie, who doesn't understand what's going on, starts chipping away at the mortar with a hammer and awl. Julia stands back, does nothing, and keeps yelling at him to hurry. Willie suddenly stops and grabs his neck. He felt a strange draft. Julia insists he continue, but he stops again, shivering with fear-someone touched me, he says. A chair falls over nearby, then a box. Willie freaks out. Trask's laughter fills the basement; he appears and tells them to leave or they will die. The apparition disappears. Julia begs the spirit of Trask to listen to her, appealing to him as a man of God not to murder. If he must destroy, he should destroy evil. Apparently interested, he reappears.
Julia begs him to go after the witch, who has survived through time--Cassandra Collins--destroy her! Trask disappears, on a new crusade now.

I wouldn't even say that this time the Robservations paraphrases the quote - but at least it does do a good job of spelling out the circumstances under which it's delivered...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 01, 2024, 07:20:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #761 (1897) - Edward - 'And yet I MUST find some way of explaining her death.'

From  "Robservations 1/9/03 - #760-761 - Died By Fire"
and now you yourself have seen evidence of Laura's supernatural powers. Edward admits it--I never believed it could happen--is Laura gone for good now?  I assume she died in the room, says Barn, consumed by her own flames. Flames that left the children untouched, marvels Edward--and what became of Laura's body? The circumstances surrounding her death make it impossible to explain by ordinary logic, says Barn. And yet, says Edward, I must explain her death for the children's sake--they don't believe it was their mother in that room, but an incredibly old creature they had never seen before. It WAS their mother, insists Barn. Edward frets, how will I ever explain that to the children?

Again a Robservations paraphrases the quote and gets the main point across...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Now there MUST be some solution--something that can undo what the gypsy has done to me') was back on July 17th of 2020, and the second (Quentin - 'There MUST be some way to end the curse. You've got to help me find it!') was back on October 25th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 01, 2024, 08:20:03 PM »
Believe it or not, today marks the beginning of the fifth year of this slideshow. (And some people didn't think we'd be able to find enough "Must" quote for one year!  [easter_wink]) However, this year we're going to be changing things up a bit - but I don't want to get into details until the first instance that will show the change comes up - and at least a couple different circumstances could spur that change. But again, more on that later. Though for now I know the change definitely won't surface for several days because I've already found quotes through the 6th. The first example could possibly show up for the 7th, or perhaps the 10th, or perhaps not. Time will tell once I go looking for quotes for those days using a criteria that I've only started using this year (a criteria that might actually become obvious once we get more and more into this month's quotes)...

Until then, we hope you continue to enjoy the quotes as they come up.  [easter_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 03, 2024, 12:03:08 AM »
... The first example could possibly show up for the 7th ...

Well, it won't be on the 7th because I just found a quote for that day that fulfills my new criteria...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 03, 2024, 05:46:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1241 (1841PT) - Bramwell - 'I understand only one thing. That is, you MUST see me, and I will not leave here until you promise you will.'

From  "#1240/1241: Robservations 01/16/04: Morgan Learns the Truth"
If we are seen together now, it will be very difficult for me, she says, sitting down.  Very well, he says--I'll leave on one condition.  What's that? she asks.  Agree to see me tonight at nine o'clock at the gazebo, he says.  Don't be absurd, she says, that's impossible.  It's essential that you see me, he insists.  I can't afford to be seen with you, she says.  Is Morgan really watching you that closely? he asks.  Can't you understand? she asks.  I understand only one thing, he says, sitting beside her, and that is that you must see me--and I will not leave here until you promise you will.  Very well, she says--yes I'll come.

The Robservations references the quote close to but not entirely perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 03, 2024, 08:40:38 PM »
... The first example could possibly show up for the 7th, or perhaps the 10th, or perhaps not. ...

I'm afraid it's a perhaps not because it won't be on the 10th either because I just found a quote for that day that fulfills my new criteria...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 04, 2024, 08:16:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1190 (1841) - Leticia - 'Because I MUST if it is to happen.'

From  "#1189/1190: Robservations 12/02/03: Prison Break!"
there are police and townspeople out looking for you everywhere--if you was to go out now, you'd get yourself killed--please stay a bit longer--Joanna will be back--I'm sure of it.  All right, he says, if she does, what is she going to tell me--that Daphne's dead?--alive?--or simply that she's gone forever?  I believe in fate, says Leticia, and I believe that fate meant for you and Daphne to be together, just as it meant for me and Desmond to be together.  You really believe that? asks Quentin.
Yes, she says softly.  Why? he asks.  Because I must, she says--if it is to happen--she begins to cry.  Quentin hugs her.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 05, 2024, 12:02:18 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1107 (1970) - Barnabas - 'Just know that you MUST NOT try to destroy her.'

From  "#1107/1108: Robservations 09/16/03: Buried Alive!"
How did you know she was here? asks Barnabas.  I saw Willie in the crypt, reveals Shaw.
Tell me exactly what you know about her, commands Barnabas.  There's only one thing you need to know, says Shaw--he whips off the scarf around his throat to reveal that he is Roxanne's victim.  You are in her power, says Barnabas.  Not anymore, says Shaw, not since Maggie--I hate her--I'm going to destroy her!  He turns back to the coffin to do that very thing.  Barnabas struggles with and stops him, taking the gun away from him.  She'll kill Maggie! cries Shaw.  I won't let that happen, Barnabas assures him.  Why did you bring her here, why? asks Shaw.  That's no concern of yours, says Barnabas, you must know that you cannot try to destroy her--do you understand that?--I will take care of Maggie, she will be safe

The Robservations paraphrases and paraphrases strangely, putting the "must" in a totally different part of the actual line...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 05, 2024, 03:16:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1059 (1970PT) - Barnabas - 'You simply MUST take my word and listen to what I have to say.'

From  "#1058/1059: Robservations 08/11/03: Stokes on the Warpath"
I can't believe that Julia's gone-I'll never forgive myself for letting her stay here. Stay here?--what do you mean? asks Maggie. Of course you wouldn't understand, says Barnabas, perhaps I'll tell you someday. Maggie picks up the scarf that Roxanne used to tell them Julia's fate--it would be a supreme irony if Quentin were to be freed by Hoffman, of all people, she says. "Good Lord!" says Barnabas. "What a fool I've been!" (Hurray-light has dawned!) Maggie asks, what do you mean? The scarf, he says, pulling it into his hands-the scarf belongs to Hoffman-it's Hoffman who's dead!--Julia may still be alive! He rises from the chair. What are you talking about? she asks. Of course you wouldn't understand, he says, and there's no time to explain-you simply must take my word and listen to what I have to say-there's still the possibility that Julia is still alive. Maggie doesn't get it. Listen, he advises, don't try to understand-go upstairs--at the end of the corridor, you'll find a closet with some women's clothes in it-bring it down here and wait for me-I'm going to get Roxanne

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...