Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118310 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1395 on: December 02, 2022, 02:30:34 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #233 (1967) - Barnabas - 'I'm terribly sorry if I startled you. I knocked but the thunder MUST'VE drowned the sound.'

From "#0233/0234: Robservations 11/5/01: GONE!"
a lightning flash reveals the figure of a man standing in the doorway between the foyer and the living room. The girls shriek, only to find out it's cousin Barnabas, who apparently has stopped knocking on doors, too, and just let himself in. He apologizes for startling the ladies and asks about the electricity.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is also during the period where there's little detail and it barely references the quote. However, Barnabas delivers it as soon as he enters the drawing room...

And hmmm - Barnabas apparently did knock - it's right there in the quote that he did.

And talk about a great ep! I've said this before but this was the first ep I'd watched in '80s syndication - and despite the fact that I didn't want to get caught up in DS after having put it behind me for nearly 15 years, after seeing this ep again, that notion flew right out the window!  [santa_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 03, 2022, 02:54:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1197 (1841PT) - Bramwell - 'In other words, a poor Collins won't do-- you MUST have a rich one.'

From "#1197/1198: Robservations 12/08/03: The End of 1840/41RT"
Morgan has asked me to marry him and I've agreed, says Catherine.  Look at me, commands Bramwell--LOOK AT ME!  She does.  You love me, tell me that you love me! he demands passionately.  No, she says, her face showing how torn she is.  You don't love Morgan, you love me, insists Bramwell, as I love you!--that's the way it should be--he pulls her into his arms--that's the way it always has been--you and I--Catherine and Bramwell--there's no other way.  I'm sorry, she says, withdrawing from of his embrace.  I won't listen to you say you're sorry, he growls, I will not let you destroy both our lives.  There's no point in putting yourself into one of your vicious tempers! she retorts.  I will show my temper when I see Morgan, he vows.  There's no reason for you to see Morgan, she says.  I have every reason to see Morgan, he says--I would like to kill him.  Oh, you haven't changed, she says with a bitter smile--no one could ever talk to you when you were angry.  How did you expect me to react to what you just said? he demands.  I expected you to listen to me while I try to explain, she says.  I'll listen, he agrees.  When I made the decision to marry Morgan, it was a very difficult one, she says--you know how I've always felt about you--how I still do feel--but I also know the kind of life I want--and I know the two of us could never find it together.  But you and Morgan will? he asks. Yes! she says. You are telling yourself lies! he says, we belong to each other!  No, we're too much alike, she protests, we'd destroy one another--and we could never find the kind of stability I must have if I'm to be happy.  In other words, a poor Collins won't do, he accuses--you must have a rich one.  That isn't fair, she says.  But it's TRUE! he shouts--look at me and tell me you love Morgan Collins.  I do love him, she says.  I don't believe that, says Bramwell, I don't believe you love him, nor do I believe he loves you--he only wants you because he doesn't want me to have you!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first two are from the 1840/1841 storyline. The first (Judge Vail - 'You MUST refrain from any further demonstrations') was back on August 14th of 2020, and the second (Quentin(reading) - 'For Tad's sake, you MUST know the truth') was back on August 5th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 04, 2022, 04:34:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1193 (1841) - Daphne - 'You MUST be exhausted.'

From "#1193/1194: Robservations 12/04/03: A Proposal Overheard"
Collinwood - Joanna sits by the fire.  Daphne enters, smiling, tea tray in hand--good morning, she says--what are you doing here so early?  Actually, I never left, says Joanna, I went for a long walk and then when I found out what time it was, I decided to come back here and wait for you.  You must be exhausted, remarks Daphne.  No, says Joanna, I'm fine--you got some sleep yourself, didn't you?  Yes, and I had a good night's sleep, I'm glad to say, says Daphne.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And yet more discussion about a character's sleep.  [santa_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 05, 2022, 03:32:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #993 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'Now, there MUST be something that can be done!'

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
Quentin races to Hannah's side. What happened? he asks. "My throat!" she cries. "Light the lights, quick!" He does as she asks.  Whatever is throttling Hannah lets go. She gasps out to Quentin, a hand was choking me!. Sounding as if he doesn't believe her, he insists, tell me what happened. She flatly informs him, I can't do anything to help you, because the spirit that roams these rooms won't be driven out--it wants to stay--and it's powerful--believe me, most powerful! There must be something that can be done, protests Quentin.  Look! says Hannah, pointing to the desk drawer, which is opening by itself. What does it mean? asks Quentin. Look inside and see! blares Hannah. Quentin opens the drawer and takes out Bruno's sheet music, which has blood on it.
There's a note, says Quentin--"It must be tonight."  In whose hand? she asks. I can't make that out, he says--it's printed; it's all got to mean something--Bruno, the music, the message.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Cyrus - 'Now also, you MUST take safeguards against any impurities or unbalances within the synthesis-- I mean, I have indicated how important and delicate this chemical is!') was back on October 14th of 2020, the second (Hannah - 'All I know is I MUST LEAVE this house!') was back on January 9th of 2021, the third (Alexis - 'Sabrina, you know that whoever it was near Angelique MUST have murdered her') was back on June 10th of 2021, and the fourth (Alexis - 'It MUST be Angelique! It MUST be! I know it is!') was back on June 2nd.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 06, 2022, 02:40:57 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #943 (1970) - Jeb - 'But you MUST NOT listen to the book. Your loyalty is going to be to me.'

From "Robservations 5/16/03 - Maggie and the Zombie; Followed By a Moon Poppy"
he told you nothing about the Leviathans?  I never heard that name before, she says.  You'll hear it often now, he promises, but you must not listen to the book--your loyalty will be to me--Barnabas likes to follow the book--"But I do not!"--that's why you were told to discourage Carolyn from seeing me--all I wanted to do was bring Carolyn the same peace I brought you
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sabrina - 'You MUST take the flower and eat it') was back on May 8th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 07, 2022, 04:44:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #780 (1897) - Carl - 'It MUST be getting dark.'

The quote actually comes up at the end of Ep #779 and at the beginning of Ep #780, and as such the Robaervations for Ep $780 doesn't really summarize the scene again. All we get is:

From "Robservations 1/24/03 - #780-781 - Senseless Death; Barnabas in Dutch"
Karlen doesn't grab onto the cross in the re-do of the previous episode's ending.

However, the Robservations for Ep #779 has:

From "Robservations 1/23/03 - #778-779 - One Hand Clapping"
Carl checks his pocket watch.  It must be getting dark, he realizes, I have to get out!  He bangs on the coffin with both fists, then seems terrified.  Be logical, he encourages himself, somehow there's a way to open that door--"THERE'S GOT TO BE!" he screams--I must get Edward or the police. . .
[/spoiler]

And that Robservations references the quote perfectly...

However, the reason I chose Ep #780 over Ep #779 is I thought the restaging of the scene shows Carl off better. Originally Carl thinks the line to himself and is seen in a very shadowy medium shot -

- whereas in Ep #780 he speaks the line out loud and is seen in a less shadowy close-up -

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 08, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #671 (1969) - Liz - 'I MUST find a way out! I MUST reach you, Carolyn! You're in terrible danger!'

From "Robservations 10/1/02 - #670/671 - Carolyn, Liz & the Werewolf"
In her coffin, Liz is still trying to figure out how to warn Carolyn of the terrible danger she's in.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote, though not completely..

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Chris - 'I guess I fell asleep. I MUST NOT of heard the phone') was back on April 5th, and the second (Carolyn - 'I MUST go on believing she'll be with us again. I MUST go on believing that') was back on August 25th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 09, 2022, 02:58:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #503 (1968) - Sheriff Patterson - 'He MUST have had some reason for coming here.'

From "Robservations 6/3/02 - Everyone Frets Over Carolyn - #503/504"
this man, why did he come to the Old House?
Julia has no idea, and Willie doesn't, either, but the sheriff doesn't believe them
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However it comes up as part of Sheriff Patterson's disbelief...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'Willie, I know why you want to find her-- you want to tell her the dream, but you MUSTN'T') was back on July 25th of 2020, and the second (Carolyn - 'You MUST protect me-- you MUST take me back to Collinwood') was back on April 14th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 10, 2022, 04:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #426 (1796) - Millicent - 'Ben knows that Barnabas is back. But he lied to me. You MUST punish him for lying, Cousin Joshua. When it is this important, someone MUST be punished.'

From "#0425/0426: Robservations 04/03/02: Tragedy on Widows' Hill"
why did Barnabas run from her?--even Ben denied seeing him--they must punish Ben for lying to her
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references part of the quote, though not all of it...

And I love the look on Millicent's face that one could say approaches glee at the prospect of -

- Ben being punished.

And this is not only the fourth quote from this ep but it's also the fourth quote from this scene. The first (Millicent - 'Barnabas MUST kill Nathan. Oh I, I suppose it has to be in the course of a technicality like a duel, but he MUST kill him') was back on September 14th of 2020, the second (Millicent - 'If you have not seen Barnabas, and I have, then someone MUST find out why') was back on June 9th of 2021, and the third (Joshua - 'Yes, I MUST find out why') was back on June 25th. So that all means that Ep #426 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #449, #450, #466, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #742, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 11, 2022, 08:50:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #313 (1967) - David - 'I MUSTN'T fall asleep. Somebody's got to come! Somebody's got to!'

From "#0313/0314: Robservations 01/14/02: Incestors Galore"
David, who has dozed off, wakes up and murmurs, "Somebody's got to come!"
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations references part of the quote, though not all of it - though considering this ep falls into the period where there's little detail, even referencing part of a quote is pretty much a milestone...

And this is not only the second quote from this ep but it's also the second quote from this scene. The first (Caretaker - 'No. No, there is no help for you. No help is possible. You MUST rest. Rest. Rest') was back on October 26th of 2020. And considering the caretaker is only in 23 eps, it's quite interesting that he already has 7 quotes in this slideshow - and even more may be possible...
(Something else that's interesting is that the caretaker is not listed in either version of the DS Almanac when it comes to the Character Appearances list. To find out how many eps he was in, I had to look up the actors who played him and add their eps together. But then, should the fact that there are omissions in the list surprise us? Uh, no, sadly...)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 12, 2022, 03:58:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #185 (1967) - Sam - 'Yes, it looks very fresh-- The artist MUST have used very good materials.'

From "#0184/0185: Robservations 09/28/01: Laura Gets Revenge"
Old House - Have you ever been here before? David asks Sam. This is my first time, says Sam, and I hope the last. Would you like to see a very beautiful painting? offers David. Here? asks Sam in disbelief. Right here, says David, pointing above the mantle. You've got a sharp eye, praises Sam--it's a good portrait. It's Josette, says David. Is it? asks Sam--there's a dimensional quality about it--the artist caught a very expressive face--eyes alive, lips seem soft, wanting to speak. You know, that's exactly the way I feel when I look at it? says David. It's amazing, it's in very good condition, says Sam, considering how it's been exposed to the temperatures all these years--yes, it looks very fresh--artist must have used very good materials--no sign of cracking or drying.
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 13, 2022, 03:58:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunrday's quote:
Ep #106 (1966) - Roger - 'Oh, I see what you're getting at. Our little governess MUST have told you that someone was trying to break into her room-- well it's ridiculous, she imagined the whole thing!'

From "#0105/0106: Robservations 08/03/01: Caught Pen in Hand!"
Why did you lie to me the next day, asks the sheriff, why did you tell me you hadn't been near Lookout Point? For the same reason, says Roger. You didn't want to be involved, says Patterson. Yes, says Roger, and I didn't want to put my sister through the ordeal of an investigation--surely that's not a crime! Keeping information from the police, hiding evidence--yes, that is a crime, Patterson informs Roger. Well, what do you intend to do about it? asks Roger as though he's above it all. I don't know yet, says Patterson. I've told you the truth, insists Roger--I was on the beach, but I did not kill Malloy, I had no reason for killing him. No one has established a motive for murder, points out Garner. I haven't accused you of killing anybody, have I? Patterson asks Roger. Not yet, says Roger. If you will just be honest with me, you'll have nothing to worry about, says Patterson. I'm trying to be honest with you, says Roger. Do you have a complete set of keys at Collinwood? asks Patterson. That's an odd question, remarks Roger. Answer it, says Patterson. No, says Roger, I have the key to the front door and a few rooms, my sister has the rest. Do you have a key to Miss Winters' room? asks Patterson. Of course not! shouts Roger. Do you have access to your sister's keys? Asks Patterson. I see what you're getting at, says Roger, our little governess must have told you that someone was trying to break into her room--well it's ridiculous, she imagined the whole thing! Yes, but you're still not answering the question, are you? asks Patterson--do you have access to your sister's keys?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Sheriff Patterson - 'Well then whoever it was that was trying to get into your room MUST have had a key') was back on February 14th of 2020, and the second (Carolyn - 'She MUST have a grudge against Uncle Roger!') was back on February 25th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 14, 2022, 03:32:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #727 (1897) - Gregory - 'We MUST pray. We MUST give thanks that she has been delivered back to us.'

From "Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity"
Charity reports to Daddy that the lost lamb has been found, the lamb so in need of saving--I saw Rachel, not just in Collinsport--but here--as the governess! Trask is stunned. We must pray, he says, give thanks that she has been delivered back to us. Father and daughter sink to their knees.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'But we MUSTN'T make a habit of agreeing, Barnabas') was back on March 25th of 2021, the second (Rachel - 'If they're here, I MUST face them, without fear, but how?') was back on May 30th of 2021, the third (Gregory - 'The devil MUST be vanquished. The lamb MUST be cleansed') was back on July 26th 2021, and the fourth (Charity - 'Something MUST be done with the children of the house. But then you MUST know that') was back on November 7th of 2021.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #993, #1057 & #1111.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #545 (1968) - Carolyn - 'But we MUST be more careful.'

From "Robservations 7/1/02 - Stokes Demands Answers - #544/545"
Carolyn leads Adam back to his room. She goes in with him and expresses relief that no one saw him. She tells him everything is all right, but they must be more careful. She still doesn't understand how Nicholas got in. Adam tells her he was sitting and studying, went to get a book, then heard Nicholas speak. He was just standing there.
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this must have been a period on the show for people to realize they must be more careful because in Ep #544 it was Prof. Stokes who said -

Ep #544 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'I MUST be more careful. There are times
when even a momentary loss of self-control can be dangerous.'

- and we used it as the quote for June 22nd of 2021...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Cassandra - 'You MUST NOT die through magic--Nicholas would surely know that I was responsible') was back on May 29th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 16, 2022, 11:34:15 PM »

Ep #313 (1967) - Caretaker - 'You MUST go-- the both of you. You're in danger here.'

From "#0313/0314: Robservations 01/14/02: Incestors Galore"
Roger and Joe spot the caretaker, whom Rog dubs "senile," but when Joe questions the codger, he learns the old man heard voices. Yes, he knows of a David, David Brewster, says the caretaker, drowned at sea.
Joe presses the ancient mariner, who reveals he heard voices at the Collins tomb. Roger sarcastically his ancestors are kicking up a fuss, but Joe, despite the caretaker's warnings of danger, persists, and they go to check out the mausoleum.
[/spoiler]

This is another Robservations where there's very little detail so the quote isn't referenced. However, the caretaker talks about David Brewster before he brings up having heard voices, and he warns them to go right after he talks about that David...

And -

And considering the caretaker is only in 23 eps, it's quite interesting that he already has 7 quotes in this slideshow - and even more may be possible...

- I couldn't resist using the caretaker's quote once I heard him say "must." Now his total is 8 quotes - so far.  [santa_wink]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Caretaker - 'No. No, there is no help for you. No help is possible. You MUST rest. Rest. Rest') was back on October 26th of 2020, and the second (David - 'I MUSTN'T fall asleep. Somebody's got to come! Somebody's got to!') was just back on December 9th.