Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 115884 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2020, 05:30:02 PM »
It's Count Petofi! So much love!

And look at the lighting in that shot. Gorgeous! Like a Mario Bava film!

Indeed!

Just like I'm certain that Nancy Barrett would have surely been nominated and probably won if there had been Daytime Emmys during DS' run, I'm certain that the lighting for DS would have been nominated and probably won. Whether it was during the B&W days or the color ones, DS' lighting was so far above what the other soaps were doing...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2020, 06:14:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding yesterday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Yesterday's quote:
Ep #629 (1968) - Diabolos - 'That is the only way you and Maggie Evans can be together, Nicholas. The Black Mass MUST be performed.'

From "Robservations 9/3/02 - Angelique Sends Nicholas to Hell - #628/629"
Nicholas begs for a second chance, but the Master tells him he doesn't give second chances, nor sympathize with those who do. No, Nicholas was given an opportunity, but because of a woman allowed it all to slip away.
Nick implores his boss for a little more time, he can prove himself. That's what every condemned man needs and never gets, sneers Diabolos, just a little more time. Nick says everything can be salvaged, but the Master reminds him that Eve is dead because of your negligence--and you can't use supernatural powers to bring her back to life. No, protests Nick, the experiment will be performed again and Eve will be reborn. Diabolos gives him 48 hours to accomplish what he must. Nick protests it isn't enough time. That's all you're getting, says Diabolos--you are free to go for as long as it takes for the experiment to be completed, then you will return here. But if I succeed? asks Nicholas. You haven't succeeded yet, Diabolos reminds him, but, if Eve is restored to life, we shall see. I don't want to return here, says Nicholas. No one ever does, intones the Master. If I give you what you want, I deserve more, insists Nicholas--to remain on earth, without my powers. How will you survive? wonders Diabolos. Perhaps I wouldn't, says Nicholas quietly--it's because I want Maggie with me, admits Nicholas--I love her very much. The Master pronounces Nicholas hopelessly lost--no wonder he made such a mess of things--when the experiment is over, you must return to hell. I won't be allowed to be with her? Asks Nicholas. I didn't say that, says the Master--your story has touched me--I mean that you can be with her. Nicholas is excited. Then the Master drops the other shoe, "But only here." "But that would mean she would have to die," protests Nicholas. Yes, says the Master--arrange it--there is something else that must be done before she can be accepted here--she must be sacrificed on the black altar. No, protests Nicholas. It's the only way you can be with Maggie, says the Master--the black mass must be performed!
[/spoiler]

Not 100%, but the quote is referenced fairly well...

This may have been one of the few eps that I actually saw during this period back in 1968. I know for certain that I saw Ep #628 (Angelique tattles on Nicholas to Diabolos) because I was home sick the day it was on in my area (it was the 8:30am show, which was a day behind - and I also saw Ep #619 (Vicki finds Barnabas nearly unconscious in the woods) at 2:30pm, which was two weeks behind). I don't remember with any certainty if I was still home sick the next day, so I don't remember if I saw Nicholas with Diabolos because I saw the ep or because of the slide in the ViewMaster set. But I lean more toward the slide because I have no memory of seeing Ep #620 (Julia discovers Adam has the same neck wounds as Barnabas) until I saw it in '80s syndication. But who knows - if I was still home, I'm sure I would have been on cold medication.  [ghost_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »
And now Diabolos and Nicholas! You're hitting all the greats this week!

And here they are:

Diabolos has never looked so good.  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 30, 2020, 11:40:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1062 (1995) - Carolyn - 'You see? I told you. You MUST make them go. You MUST!'

From "#1062/1063: Robservations 08/13/03:"
Mausoleum - Julia stands beside Barnabas' coffin. She listens outside the door, touches the coffin once more, then opens the secret panel and leaves the tomb. Carolyn darts out at her, demanding, what are you doing in there?  Julia, startled, says, I was seeing who is buried there--"I am interested in the Collins family." Carolyn shakes her head, shushing her. You shouldn't say that name, warns Carolyn.  It's a proud and honorable name, states Julia. Is it? asks Carolyn, who giggles and says, "Perhaps once." Julia insists, you must remember--tell me, she says, what were you doing here?  Carolyn thinks that one over, grins and makes a noise, but no response. You and I used to be honest with each other, Julia reminds her, let us be again. I'm looking for my mother's grave, says Carolyn...no, my mother isn't dead--is she? You tell me, says Julia. No, of course she isn't, how silly of me, says Carolyn--I like this cemetery, don't you--I find it peaceful, so many things are peaceful I didn't expect to be--Collinwood is peaceful now. What makes it peaceful? asks Julia. Carolyn gazes at her and laughs--time, she says...time--I never go here, you know--why should I?--I have everything I want where I am--my mother's ink well, and a portrait or two...where is your friend--where is (viciously) BARNABAS?  In the village, says Julia. Is he? asks Carolyn, are you sure?  Quite sure, says Julia. What's he doing there? asks Carolyn, sounding like the Inquisition. Trying to find out what you wouldn't tell him, says Julia. Carolyn bursts into cackles of laughter. I think you're deliberately trying to stop us from finding out, says Julia, and are acting this way for a reason. I act the way I am, laughs Carolyn, clasping her hands together. I don't believe that, says Julia. Her laughter cuts off abruptly; Carolyn says, if my mother were dead, we would have buried her here, wouldn't we?--we wouldn't have buried her in some strange place? No, says Carolyn, answering herself, she would be here. Carolyn, says Julia.  The blond says, in a warning voice, "You'd better go and find your friend, Julia--before he gets into trouble!" Julia looks uneasily around and walks away. Carolyn stares after her. A hatted, ancient Eliot Stokes exits his hiding place in the bushes and joins Carolyn. You see, I told you, she says, you must make them go--you must. He nods, and agrees: "WE must."
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2020, 02:52:02 PM »
If 1995 proved anything, it was that no matter how much make-up was required -

- Thayer David and Nancy Barrett were perfectly willing to wear it in support of their craft.  [hall2_wink]

[8_1_209] [8_1_209] [8_1_209]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 01, 2020, 09:15:13 PM »
Superb. Thayer and Nancy--two of the greats.

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 02, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »
OMGss--AUNT HANNAH!!! Just in time for the weekend!

Not only is that a fabulous shot, but I don't recall Hannah ever being seen in a skirt--I recalled her being stuck with the same pantsuit in EVERY episode in which she appeared. So I'm all the more delighted with this photo!

cheers! GothEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK [ReallyScary]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 03, 2020, 09:43:24 PM »
And now it's Minerva's turn! Fabulous shot!

[candle_in_skull]

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 04, 2020, 01:00:15 AM »
Minerva with the flames on each side of her...PRICELESS!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 04, 2020, 11:16:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1184 (1841) - Carrie - 'You MUSTN'T come any farther.'

From "#1183/1184: Robservations 11/25/03: Another Witchcraftian Death"
Woods - Jeremy leads Carrie home.  You must not come any farther, she warns.  Of course I'll come farther, he says, I'm taking you into the house.  Please, she begs.  It's a night to storm the citadel! He insists.  Then they'll know I've been out, she protests.  It's time they knew, it's time everyone knew! he says grandly--I'm willing--are you?  She nods; he kisses her.  The enter Collinwood together.  He looks around--I feel quite at home here, he says.  Go, she urges, before someone comes.  A door opens; standing there is Mordecai Grimes!  Jeremy! cries Carrie.
[/spoiler]

Robservations has "must not" rather than "mustn't" - but, of course, "mustn't" is correct...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 04, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #992 (1970PT) - Hannah - 'Ah, Quentin, my dear, please don't invite me to stay. I've managed to upset Alexis terribly and MUST leave at once--no no no, don't try to see me out, I know the way.'

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
Drawing room - It pleases me to see you looking so well, Alexis, says Hannah, especially after what you've been through. Her death came as quite a shock, admits Alexis. Death--is that all you call it? asks Hannah. I don't understand, says Alexis. My friend Bruno mentioned something about a seance, says Hannah, in which you participated, where the word murder was spoken. Alexis, who has been tearing the hell out of a handkerchief, says, I don't wish to discuss it
--I'm sure you've been given the information from your dear friend, Bruno. Hannah sneaks the handkerchief off the table and into her sleeve. Only the vaguest outlines, says Hannah, I was sure I'd get the details from you. I'm afraid not, says Alexis coldly. But my dear child...protests Hannah.  I don't want to seem rude, says Alexis, but I have never been your dear child, anymore than I was my father's--I'm sorry, but I do have other things to do today. I've upset you--forgive me--I can come another time, says Hannah soothingly. She runs into Quentin as she's leaving, and chirpily says, don't ask me to stay; I've upset Alexis terribly and must leave at once--no no no, don't try to see me out, I know the way. To Alexis, she says, I'll see you again--I promise we will discuss nothing troublesome--now take good care, my dear Alexis, goodbye--she closes the double doors. Sourly, Quentin asks Alexis, what was that all about? Bruno sent her, says Alexis, annoyed. Why? asks Quentin. I wish I knew, says Alexis--just harassment, I suppose--she knows I don't particularly like her, and never has, and the moment she walked in here, she immediately began to talk about Angelique, and the possibility she had been murdered--it sometimes gets to be too much. I promise to do what I can to clear things up, as soon as possible, says Quentin.
[/spoiler]

Robservations doesn't feature the exact quote - but it is close...

And speaking of the quote, it's an absolute hoot to watch it being delivered! Hannah can't get out of there fast enough so that she can do whatever it is she's going to do with the handkerchief she's swiped.  [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 05, 2020, 02:02:16 PM »
OMGss--AUNT HANNAH!!! Just in time for the weekend!

Not only is that a fabulous shot, but I don't recall Hannah ever being seen in a skirt--I recalled her being stuck with the same pantsuit in EVERY episode in which she appeared. So I'm all the more delighted with this photo!

And here's that screen capture:

I don't honestly recall Hannah wearing a skirt/dress versus pants. I'll have to pay attention to that...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 05, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #733 (1897) - Minerva - 'The innocent MUST suffer. Providence sometimes tests them. Sometimes by putting them in jail, or even putting them on a gallows.'

From "Robservations 11/19/02 - #732-733 - Ang & Barn's Bargain; Three For Worthington Hall"
Drawing room - Minerva tells Rachel the day she and Tim left was the most tragic day of Rev. Trask's life.  Why did you call me a murderess? demands Rachel.  Minerva prefers to let her stew.  It's not easy to tell of it, says Minerva, but the Reverend, that poor, fine man, has never been the same.  Rachel insists.  Minerva says Trask will take you to court for stealing if you don't return to the school and fulfill your contract.  Rachel asks again about the murderess accusation --why?  My brother died that night, says Minerva--Simon, the best man the world has known--he was killed by thieves.  I never even saw the man, insists Rachel.  This causes Minerva to cry "thief, murderer and liar" at her.  Rachel denies all.  Minerva insists, you surprised Simon in the kitchen and hit him with a fireplace poker and left him for dead.  I didn't go there, cries Rachel, Tim went there for food, but...uh oh!--Tim didn't say anything about that, that anything happened in the kitchen--and he wouldn't do such a thing.  Well, Minerva informs her, Tim already confessed to doing it.  Rachel is horrified.  Tim returned to Worthington Hall, where he belongs--where Rachel belongs, says Minerva.  Poor Tim, laments Rachel.  If you miss him, you can see him soon, says Minerva, let me guide you as I have before--come back with me--don't be foolish--aren't a few years with people who love you better than many years with strangers in prison?   They wouldn't send me to prison, says Rachel--I'm not a murderess.  Minerva tells her that the innocent must suffer, Providence sometimes tests them by putting them in jail--or the gallows-- much as the Reverend would regret it, he'd have to tell the authorities about the thieving and murdering that took place that night--it would break his heart, just as it would break Rachel's neck, but he'd have to!
[/spoiler]

And yet again Robservations doesn't feature the exact quote - but it is close...

Minerva is one twisted character - passive/aggressive doesn't even begin to describe her behavior in this scene! She and her husband are a perfect pair!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 05, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »
And now it's Minerva's turn! Fabulous shot!
Minerva with the flames on each side of her...PRICELESS!!

And here is Minerva's screen capture:

Unfortunately, I can't add in the flames in this post because there isn't enough room.

I can't imagine that Clarice Blackburn didn't absolutely love playing Minerva. Though, of course, it helps that Minerva was written so well...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 06, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »
Great shot of Vicki today. And I loved the one of Liz yesterday. I have no memory of either of these shows.

cheers, Gothick