Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118413 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #945 on: October 10, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #398 (1796) - Angelique - 'Why did he turn on me? He MUST be under the control of someone else, but who could it be?'

From "#0397/0398: Robservations 03/14/02: Mr. & Mrs. Barnabas Collins"
Angelique paces the drawing room, exhausted. She must get rid of Jeremiah's ghost, but how? Why did he turn on her, and who's controlling him?
[/spoiler]

Even though this is the period when the Robservations aren't as detailed, this one does reference the quote well. Though the funny thing is Jeremiah' Ghost is actually rebelling against Angelique all on his own, no one is controlling him. Bit of course, Angelique needs to think Vicki is controlling Jeremiah to give her a motive to work against Vicki. Obviously Angelique would never admit to herself the possibility that her powers weren't strong enough to completely control Jeremiah's will once he realized she was behind everything that happened to him...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 11, 2021, 02:46:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #543 (1968) - Carolyn - 'You MUSTN'T harm him.'

From "Robservations 6/28/02 - #542/543 Nicholas Warns, Cassandra Plots"
Carolyn stops Adam just in time, demanding he give her the knife. Adam tells her Harry tried to kill him, but she assures him he won't, he mustn't harm him. She won't let him hurt Adam, says Carolyn, and Adam tells her of Harry's threat to turn him over to the cops. Carolyn reassures Adam on this score, too, and he admits he trusts her. She again asks for the knife as Harry grimaces with fear, and Adam finally relents and hands the knife to Carolyn.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first(Nicholas - 'He will not be destroyed. Adam MUST live') was back on September 23rd of 2020, and the second (Cassandra - 'My curse MUST continue') was back on February 10th.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 11, 2021, 03:06:41 PM »
...and the audience shouts, "KILL HIM! KILL HIM!!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2021, 03:13:20 PM »
Ep #794 (1897) - 'Victor' - 'The hand! I MUST get the hand!'

What a great storyline that could/would have been. Petofi in present time. Thayer is/was awesome in the role. And the HAND! ROFL, I wonder what that would go for at auction?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 11, 2021, 04:46:57 PM »
...and the audience shouts, "KILL HIM! KILL HIM!!

Poor Harry - he was such a useless character...

At least when Craig Slocum played Noah, Noah actually served a purpose in the storyline.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 12, 2021, 04:18:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #646 (1968) - Liz - 'But there MUST be something we can do for her.'

From "Robservations 9/13/02 #645/646 - The Kids "Play" With Roger"
Liz paces the foyer. Roger comes downstairs, briefcase in hand, and tells Liz Vicki's in a sad state--I couldn't have gotten angry with her. She should be spending more time with the children, opines Liz--if she does, it would take her mind off Jeff. It's too much to expect, says Roger, we must wait and hope for the best
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. And the way that the quote comes up in the scene is that after Roger says that he couldn't have gotten angry with Vicki even if he'd wanted to, Liz asks what he said to her? It's then Roger, and not Liz, who says that he pointed out to Vicki that it's her responsibility to spend more time with the children and that if she did that, it she might take her mind off of Jeff. To that Liz remarks that she wishes she could believe that were true. Roger concurs but believes it's too much to expect. Then it's at that point that Liz delivers the quote that there must be something they can do for Vicki, but Roger feels there doesn't seem to be and it's then that he says he supposes they should just wait and hope for the best (without using the word "must")...

Also, I was happy to finally be able to capture one of Joan Bennett's bits of body language that we see quite often over the course of the series:

I'm actually surprised it was the first time I'd done so - but perhaps it shows up most often in circumstances other than when she's using the word "must" so that's why it hasn't shown up in this slideshow until this quote.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (David - 'My family has made the two of us very unhappy. They MUST be made to realize that. They MUST pay for what they've done to us') was back on October 10th of 2020 - and apparently I pulled a Midnite -

Oh wow, according to the dual slide show, I chose quotes from the same ep (#281) exactly one year apart for this date.

I know - isn't that wild? I'm sure it's completely coincidental and what are the odds of it happening?!  [easter_cool]

- and did the same thing for Ep #646 for October 10th of this year - it seems like the odds of it happening may not be as big as I'd originally thought [hall_grin] - and the second (David - 'During the day we MUST attend to something else') was back on February 21st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 13, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:

From "Robservations 2/4/03 - #794/795 - Hope For Quentin?"
The werewolf growls in the confines of the chair.  He stands, looks at his paws, knocks over a table and flees the house.  Victor watches him go.  I must get the hand, he says.  He enters the Old House and sees table that held the box is now empty.  Frustrated, he slams his hand down on it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 13, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »

What a great storyline that could/would have been. Petofi in present time. Thayer is/was awesome in the role.

If only - what a fantastic storyline it could have been. But alas...

And the HAND! ROFL, I wonder what that would go for at auction?

I suspect an astronomical price!!

Actually, I wonder what happened to it?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 14, 2021, 02:02:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #931 (1970) - Megan - 'I MUST thank you, MUSTN'T I?'

From "Robservations / Robs 5/8/03 - #930-931 - Lung Brat Plays With Paul; Grant Sees Q's Portrait"
Barnabas orders Megan to come here. A door opens and she comes to him.  What's going on? she innocently asks. You heard nothing? he asks sarcastically. I must thank you, she says--I was so frightened, I knew he was out, I tried to awaken Philip, who'd taken some sleeping pills--I was so frightened! "YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE UNBOLTED THAT DOOR, MEGAN!" he says, don't lie, I know you let him out--and why
--stay here and do nothing until I have taken care of Paul Stoddard!  Megan looks at him speculatively.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references part of the quote well, though not it all...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Amanda - 'No, he'll never say he loves me! Oh, he MUST! Or else...') was back on August 3rd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 15, 2021, 03:20:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1017 (1970PT) - Will - 'Maggie. I MUST warn Maggie.'

From "#1016/1017: Robservations 07/11/03: A New Cousin From a Distant Land"
Will sits on the sofa, where Carolyn dabs a cut on his head. You should have known you couldn't stop him, she says. Will sits up straighter--I must warn Maggie, he says. Carolyn, her hand on his face, asks, what are you talking about? That's why he shut himself up in the room, explains Will, then he heard her voice...  Do you mean he's going after her? she asks. Yes, says Will, I've got to get to Collinwood. Carolyn urges him to sit back down--you can't go in your condition, she says, I will. He holds her hand--be careful, he cautions, then leans back, wincing with pain.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the most important part of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 17, 2021, 03:40:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1151 (1840) - Lamar - 'He has the arrogance still to wear it-- it MUST have been a gift from the devil himself.'

From "#1150/1151: Robservations 11/03/03: Gerard Gives Daphne Dreams"
Remember Lorna Bell? Asks Trask--remember the mark on her forehead?--t was the mark of the devil, remember it?  Gerard appears to have a dizzy spell.  Trask shows him a paper with the symbol from Quentin's ring--think carefully, says Trask, have you ever seen that mark before.  Yes, says Gerard, it's on Quentin's ring.  Exactly! says Trask, he has the arrogance still to wear it--it must have been a gift from the devil himself.  I'm afraid you're wrong, says Gerard--I gave him that ring.  You? asks Trask.  Yes, says Gerard, we were in a little village in Brazil, up the river, and one of the crew members got suddenly ill--Quentin had heard of a witch doctor who could perform miracles, or so Quentin said.  You let him take a Christian soul to a pagan? Asks Trask.  Gerard explains it wasn't his decision--but when the witch doctor was doing his incantations, Quentin mentioned the ring he was wearing--when the ceremony was over, I could see plainly Quentin wanted that ring very much, but was afraid to ask for it--so I bought it for him.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 17, 2021, 06:36:17 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1213 (1841PT) - Bramwell - 'I guess I made the mistake in thinking you as the young girl I knew when I went away. Well, a great deal MUST have happened to you, you MUST tell me about yourself-- I, I don't think I even know you.'

From "#1212/1213: Robservations 12/17/03: Gabriel Escapes"
I guess I made the mistake of thinking of you as the young girl I knew when I went away, says Bramwell--a great deal must have happened to you, tell me about yourself--I don't think I even know you.  Do you really want to know? she asks eagerly.  Yes, very much, he says.  I don't think anything terribly interesting happened, she says--I just grew up, that's all--it's really funny, I always thought it would be different, but it's not different at all.  You mean being an adult? he asks.  Yes, she says.  Why should it be different? he asks.  I don't know, she says, I thought it would bring some freedoms that I didn't have as a child--I guess if I were a man, it would have, I don't know--but as a woman, well, I'm still living in Collinsport, as restrained as always, yet wanting so much to go beyond it.  It's no better out there, I've been there, he says, but if you're so sure of it, go--you must have a sweetheart--marry him and go together.  You make it sound simple, says Daphne, but I don't have a sweetheart, so that's out.  I find that difficult to believe, remarks Bramwell.  It shouldn't be, says Daphne--the young men want to leave Collinsport, too, and so they do, they go off and find jobs or go to school, some of them come back--but with wives--I did go out for a while with Gerard Stiles.  Who? asks Bramwell.  Don't you remember him? she asks.  I guess not, says Bramwell.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations drops a few words - particularly the all-important "must", adds another, but basically references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 18, 2021, 03:00:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #839 (1897) - Quentin - 'I MUST do it, I MUST!'

From "Robservations 3/5/03 - #838-839 - Julia, Prisoner of Petofi!"
Quentin stands outside the rectory, thinking to himself, "That's where Barnabas is--where he waits for me--can I betray him?  A wolf howls.  What if I don't?  Petofi...I'll leave Collinwood, he'll never find me, all will be different, and Barnabas safe.  And I, what will I, Quentin, be?  He hears a rustling in the woods and looks away.

Quentin looks up and sees a hideous wolf's head staring back at him.  It disappears, but--I know I must do it, I must!  He goes on.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well with the exception of adding "I know" before it, which is something Quentin doesn't actually say...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'You MUST TELL me!') was back on June 29th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 19, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #507 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'According to my calculations, only one more person MUST have the dream-- a woman-- and that woman may make it possible for Barnabas Collins never to have the dream.'

From "Robservations 6/5/02 - #507/508 - Stokes Intervenes"
Stokes feels nothing connected to Barnabas is pointless, and the more he studies the dream, the more he realizes that. Has he reached conclusions? she asks--thank heavens, because Willie is going through hell. Only one more person must have the dream, says Stokes, a woman, and that woman may make it possible for Barnabas never to have the dream. Julia is anxious to hear, but Stokes advises this doctor to have patience- she will know in good time
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well - just some dropped words here and there...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 20, 2021, 03:26:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #195 (1967) - Liz - 'Well, you MUST have been dreaming it.'

From "#0194/0195: Robservations 10/05/01: Enter Jason McG"
Carolyn was so sure she heard her mother. Must have been dreaming, says Liz. Didn't seem like a dream, says Carolyn.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not in its entirety...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Oh, I know what you MUST have heard. You heard Vicki') was back on December 14th, and the second (Carolyn - 'I really MUST insist upon knowing who you are') was back on September 27th.