Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118324 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #975 on: November 05, 2021, 03:12:13 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #271 (1949) - Jason - 'Yes, ma'am. Ya MUST.'

From "#0271/0272: Robservations 12/05/01: Digging Up Paul"
He assured her that, for Carolyn's sake (the bastard), he would bury the body in a trunk in the basement, and she would have to stand guard from then on to make sure no one found out (explaining her 18 year self-imprisonment; as the keeper of the key to the crime, she had to stick around and protect it).
[/spoiler]

As we've seen with previous quotes from this ep, the Robservations for it is one where there is little detail. So, as for what actually happens in the scene, after Jason comes up from the basement, he finds Liz still pretty much out of it as she leans against the wall near the entrance to the foyer. Thunder echoes around her. He informs her that he did what they planned and now no one will ever know. Liz echoes, "No one?" "No, no," he assures her. Then after taking her arm he instructs, "Come with me." "Where?" Liz asks as she resists. Jason says he has to show her where it is. "No," she protests. But Jason explains that she has to close up the room and lock it and not let anyone in there because otherwise they'll find out. Liz still protests, "No. You lock it. You do it. And then give me the key." Then it's Jason's turn to protest, "No, no, no, I have to show you where it is so that you'll know. You'll know I did my work. Now come on." Liz still tries to beg off by asking, "Must I?" A loud clasp of thunder rumbles as Jason replies with the quote. Liz sighs like going down the basement is the absolute last thing she wants to do but she then begins to move off followed by Jason.

This is the third quote from the ep. The first (Jason - 'You MUST all try to be very calm.') was back on April 24th of 2020, and the second (from 1949 flashback: Liz - 'MUST I?') was back on November 15th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 06, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #378 (1795) - Jeremiah- 'And now you've detained me long enough. The storm is worse-- I MUST be off.'

From "#0378/0379: Robservations 03/01/02: Get Married NOW!"
Jeremiah, having proclaimed his decision to leave no matter what, turns around to face Joshua. There is a black and white cat sitting there, but Joshua is gone!
[/spoiler]

Another instance where there is little detail in the Robservations. So, the way the quote comes up is that Jeremiah tells Joshua that he has kept him long enough, that he horse is waiting. Joshua questions if Jeremiah is more concerned for his horse than his brother. Jeremiah replies that he has listened to Joshua. But Joshua wants to speak about Millicent. To that Jeremiah bids his brother goodbye and starts to leave. But Joshua tells Jeremiah to wait a minute. Jeremiah stops. And as he goes over to Jeremiah, Joshua persists that it might be Jeremiah's last chance with Millicent. Jeremiah remains silent, causing an angered Joshua to wonder if Jeremiah cares so little for the rest of them, how much does he care for himself? Not very much at the moment is Jeremiah's reply. Joshua switches to pointing out that Jeremiah has invested time and money at the Yard, what should happen if something happens to him? Jeremiah somewhat sarcastically insists nothing will happen to Joshua. Joshua laughs and observes that at his age he cannot share Jeremiah's assurance. Moving away, Joahua asks where the the family will be able to reach him. Jeremiah says he will send an address. "When, this may be an emergency." "This is an emergency," insists Jeremiah and as he moves back to the window he adds that he thinks even Joshua could understand that. Keeping his back to Joshua, Jeremiah explains it's a personal emergency and that is all he can tell him. He realizes Joshua won't understand because with his iron will Joshua never loses control, but he does, he has. And after that is when Jeremiah delivers the quote. And hearing a screeching sound, Jeremiah then turns to look where Joshua stood, but all that is there is a cat lying on the table...

This is the second quote from this ep. The first (Josette - 'Oh I did not COME to discuss that. It's Jeremiah I wish to talk to you about. He MUST NOT GO') was back on January 24th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 07, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #550 (1968) - Adam - 'Professor, listen: I love her-- Carolyn. She does not understand. You MUST tell her for me.'

From "Robservations 7/8/02 - Adam Learns His Origins - #550/551"
Stokes isn't sure what they are talking about, but Adam says he's referring to himself. He asks Stokes if he believes in love. For some people, says Stokes. Some people should not be in love, adds Stokes, it would be most unwise. "I am in love," says Adam--with Carolyn--she doesn't understand; Stokes must tell her for him. Will he do it? Stokes seems at a loss for words.
"What should I tell her?" asks Stokes. How love is, responds Adam. Stokes is sure Carolyn knows that. Adam wonders why, then, is she so frightened.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations rephrases things but references the quote well.

This is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Adam - 'I don't mean to frighten her, you MUST TELL her that, then she'll love me') was back on June 26th of 2020, the second (Adam - 'What do you mean I didn't exist? I MUST have existed!') was back on December 6th, and the third (Adam - 'A man MUST grab what he wants!') was back on June 5th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 08, 2021, 11:38:48 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #685 (1969) - Liz - 'In this telegram, your father specifically asked that I bring you to the airport. He MUST have missed you a great deal.'

From "Robservations 10/10/02 - #684/685 - Mysterious Medallion; Braithewaite Fishes fo"
Mrs. Stoddard comes downstairs holding a telegram--I want you to come to Portland, to the airport, to get your father, David. TONIGHT? he bursts out, puzzling his aunt--not that I'm not excited to see my father, he amends. Liz tells him Roger wants his son to come to the airport with her. Liz asks Amy along, but David doesn't move to wash up and comb his hair as requested. Trying to get out of the airport trip, David tells Liz they had something planned, but can't explain what. Then he blathers about studying for a test, finally admitting he doesn't want to go! David can't explain, but it's obvious he's very upset. You wouldn't understand, he tells Liz, but I can't go, I can't!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations simply references the crux of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 09, 2021, 10:30:05 PM »
I was in Boston most of the day and wasn't aware that the captions weren't working until after I got home a short while ago and read a message from Midnite. They were working when I went to bed last night - and oddly enough, they're working again. Who knows?!  [hall2_rolleyes]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 10, 2021, 02:36:25 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #727 (1897) - Charity - 'Something MUST be done with the children of the house. But then you MUST know that.'

From "Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity"
Charity Trask and Rachel Drummond each wonder what the other is doing at Collinwood. Charity enters and drops her suitcase. What a splendid school this house would make, says Charity, who wants to know why Rachel hasn't answered her question. Rachel defiantly says, I don't have to. Unfriendliness is a character fault, says Charity, as my father has said so many times. Rachel isn't at all interested in what "your father has to say." You should be, says Charity, he is (interested) in you. Rachel explains she works for the Collins now.
Charity asks, "Do they KNOW about you?" Rachel looks scared. Charity says, your face has answered that one for you--servants must be very hard to find. "I'm the governess," says Rachel defensively. There is some justice, comments Charity--if my father were given to amusement, that would amuse him. "Will you take me to him, or is that someone else's. . .job?" Rachel is horrified to hear the Reverend Trask is here. Didn't you know? asks Charity, they sent for him--something must be done with the children of the house--but then you must know that. Poor Rachel looks ill.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'But we MUSTN'T make a habit of agreeing, Barnabas') was back on March 25th, the second (Rachel - 'If they're here, I MUST face them, without fear, but how?') was back on May 30th, and the third (Gregory - 'The devil MUST be vanquished. The lamb MUST be cleansed') was back on July 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 10, 2021, 03:34:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #915 (1969) - Megan - 'Oh, but I MUST, please, Barnabas, you're the only one I can talk to.'

From "Robservations 4/29/03 - 913/914/915 - Warning for Barnabas: A Taste of Vampirism"
Michael told me what had happened--he says he wants Julia killed. Did he tell you I wouldn't permit it? asks Barn. Can you really stand up to him? asks Megan. Yes, says Barn, uncertainly. I don't think I can, says Megan nervously--when we talked, the look on his face frightened me so, it was inhuman, when he grows up, he isn't going to be like that, is he?--I mean, that capable of destruction. Barnabas, distracted, insists, this isn't the time to talk about Michael.
Megan, sounding much like Crazy Jenny, says I must, please, you're the only one I can talk to. Not now, I'm extremely tired, he says. You just said you'd been sleeping, she reminds him--you want to get rid of me--I won't go, I can't, not feeling this way. Looking ill, Barnabas urges her to go--it's starting to rain. Do I have to beg you to listen to me? cries Megan--then I will-- I am SO frightened, when I listen to him, what he says, it seems to right, but when I think about it, I know how wrong it is... Megan, cries Barnabas, I beg you, go now--please go now!  I don't understand, she says, and, giving him a look of hatred, she leaves.  Barnabas, tortured, asks, what's happening to me?  Then he looks in the mirror--and can't see his reflection! "There's no reflection!" he says to himself. He opens his mouth wide, puts a hand to his head and moans, a terrible sound--there are fangs protruding from his mouth!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Adlar - 'Enemies MUST be dealt with, that is the law') was back on April 28th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 11, 2021, 05:02:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1011 (1970PT) - Yaeger - 'I MUST play it smart. I'll hide in Longworth until it is safe to walk the streets again.'

From "#1010/1011: Robservations 07/08/03: Interview With a Vampire--Finis!"
He's about to smash the bottle, but realizes, I must play it smart--I'll hide in Longworth until it's safe to walk the street again.  He drinks his antidote like a good boy and is instantly convulsed by the transformation pain.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Will - 'In your own time, you MUST have spent plenty of time in here, eh, Mr. Collins?') was back on July 19th, and the second (Yaeger - 'Why MUST I become Longworth again-- go back to the same miserable life?') was back on September 9th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 12, 2021, 03:18:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1072 (1970) - Prof. Stokes - 'You MUST have an extraordinary tale to tell.'

From "#1072/1073: Robservations - 08/20/03: Psychic"
Eliot shakes Barnabas' hand and says, I was very much afraid we were never going to see you again. "Here I am," says Barn-"it's good to see you again." You must have an extraordinary tale to tell, guesses Stokes, and I'm most anxious to hear it. You once wondered about your counterpart in parallel time, says Barnabas, and what sort of man he would be and what sort of choices he would make. You found out, says Stokes. Yes, says Barnabas, and it nearly cost me my life. Good Lord! exclaims Eliot. You are fortunate that you made the right choices in this period, says Barnabas--let me take you into the drawing room and I'll start from the beginning. They enter. Barnabas closes the doors behind them.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly even though it doesn't present it as a quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 13, 2021, 03:16:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1122 (1840) - Barnabas - 'And now the drama will begin to unfold. We MUST change it, Julia, you and I. Or else Collinwood in 1970 will be destroyed.'

From "#1121/1122: Robservations 09/25/03: A Sticky Domestic Situation"
Julia exits the drawing room, looks around to see if anyone is around, and leaves the double doors ajar while she speaks to Barnabas.  So Daphne is here, she says, why didn't she know Gerard's name?--why would she be staring at the house--if her carriage had broken down...she would have come here, finishes Barnabas
--exactly--no, she was here for some other purpose, the curious thing is, she said she was leaving Collinsport tonight.  Julia says that in the present, they thought Daphne and Quentin were in love--it's such a jigsaw puzzle.  And Daphne is the last missing piece, says Barnabas, and now the drama will begin to unfold--we must change it, Julia, you and I--or else Collinwood in 1970 will be destroyed.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 14, 2021, 05:46:48 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1243 (1841PT) - Julia - 'Bramwell, Bramwell, listen to me. Whatever you do, you MUST... you MUST NOT touch either of the corpses in that room.'

From "1242/1243: Robservations 01/19/04: Morgan Collins' Revenge"
Bramwell, startled by this sight, examines the dead bodies, sets the candelabra down and reaches to touch the dead James Forsythe.
Hearing Julia's voice calling his name prevents Bramwell from laying a hand on the body.  Kendrick stands besides Julia.  Bramwell returns to the main bedroom--I hear you, he assures her.  Are you all right? she asks.  Yes, he says.  I found the secret room, and was in there when I heard you.  Hand to her throat, Julia warns, whatever you do, you must not touch either of the corpses--because that's the mistake Morgan made.
[/spoiler]

Grayson Hall's delivery aside, the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 14, 2021, 06:05:15 PM »
It would have potentially hilarious if Bramwell had touched Amanda's corpse and found himself possessed by her spirit! [hall2_grin] [hall2_shocked] [hall2_grin]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 15, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #119 (1966) - Joe - 'Well, one thing I'll say for you, you MUST have covered an awful lot of ground.'

From "#0119/0120: Robservations 08/13/01: Roger vs. Burke; Carolyn vs. Joe"
Joe walks through the woods, shining his flashlight, looking for Vicki. Coming from another direction, Burke searches, too, looking to the left and the right. Find anything? Joe asks him when they meet. Only you, says Burke. Thanks a lot, says Joe. Listen, your tracks are everywhere, says Joe--you wouldn't make a good fugitive. Want to bet on that? asks Burke. One thing I'll say for you, you must have covered a lot of ground, praises Joe. Not enough, apparently, says Burke.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well, skipping just two words...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Joe - 'We MUST have criss-crossed each other's paths about a dozen times') was back on December 2nd, and the second (Carolyn - 'It MUST be the company I keep') was back on August 28th.

And two Joe "MUST" quotes in one ep (the first quote above is also from this ep) - unheard of to this point!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 16, 2021, 04:00:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #159 (1967) - Laura - 'David, we MUST never let anyone come between us.'

From "#0158/0159: Robservations 09/11/01: Liz Loses All Her Marbles"
you know what, I think it would be fun if you came over and spent the night sometime--would you like that? David's mouth drops open. Oh, I would--we could stay up real late and keep the fire going... They smile at each other. Yes, that's exactly what I thought, she agrees--oh, I'm looking forward to it--we're going to have such a good time together--everything is going to be wonderful for us--we must never let anyone come between us. Who would want to do that? he asks.
I don't know, there was someone that...but that will never happen now, she says. (Brrrrr!)
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Vicki - 'You MUST remember that she hasn't been out of here for 18 years. Something's keeping her here') was back on November 2nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 17, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #249 (1967) - Roger - 'Well, you MUST admit, Liz, keeping a room under lock and key for 18 years is bound to invite a certain amount of curiosity.'

From "#0249/0250: Robservations 11/16/01: Maggie Fakes It"
(Entire drawing room scene of Carolyn, Roger and Vicki worrying about Liz and the basement room and then Liz offering to take them there not summarized.)
[/spoiler]

As can be seen above, not only does this ep fall into the period where there's little detail, the Robservations actually skips summarizing entire scenes. So, how the ep leads up to the quote is that Carolyn remarks that she wishes she knew whom to believe. Roger opines, "Never believe anyone who's good at keeping secrets." Carolyn lays out that on one hand she has her mother telling her things about her father like he didn't love or care for her, but on the other hand Jason tells her the exact opposite. Roger states that Jason is a congenital liar. And Carolyn says she knows but he did know her father better than anyone else and wonders why he would lie? Roger believes out of habit. Carolyn asks which one of them she should believe, but Roger replies that he doesn't know because he wasn't around at the time because he was at school when Paul Stoddard was there, but obviously he lacked certain qualities. Carolyn feels he must have had some good qualities because her mother married him. But Roger observes that her mother is not the best judge of men. However, Vicki offers that maybe she spoke about her father that way in order to justify her starting the divorce proceedings. Carolyn thinks that's possible but somehow wishes she wouldn't go through with it, to which Roger says she's got to because otherwise Paul Stoddard could march right in and take over because he has certain legal rights, although he's sure her mother would fight it in court. Vicki points out that she does have to protect herself, and Roger adds, "All of us." "But if she does get the divorce," Carolyn wonders aloud. "Well, then she'll be free of one menace and fair game for another, our houseguest," is Roger's reply. Carolyn believes it would be a terrible thing for her mother to have been deserted in her first marriage then blackmailed into the second. "I can't let that happen, I can't! I've got to find what it is he has over her!" Roger agrees they'll try tonight. And at that moment Liz walks in with Jason behind her. "I'm glad you're all here together because there's something I want to say to you." Liz thinks it's time that everything be brought into the open. Roger is all for that. Liz states that they've all been worried and upset about nothing and she wants to put an end to it. "Mother, it's that room in the basement," is Carolyn's excuse. "Do you really think that room is the answer to everything?" "I think so," is Carolyn's belief. And it's then that Roger delivers the quote...