Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118617 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #870 on: August 08, 2021, 01:58:21 PM »
Sorry I missed this one!

Well then here it is for you and anyone else who might have missed it:

Ep #952 (1970) - Megan - 'No, you MUST have your
room now.'

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 08, 2021, 02:14:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #882 (1897) - Charansy - 'The show MUST go on--that's the one and only rule there is now.'

From "Robservations 4/8/03 - #882/883 - Walking the Floor With Q; Fire!"
Charity, growing as weary as Quentin, continues to walk him around, relating tales of her life in "the theater." The manager, if ever a man was going to explode, it was he, only thing what matters to you is that I'm here when I'm supposed to be, Pansy Faye ain't never missed a show in her life." Quentin sinks down on the fireplace seat. Charity warns him, if you drift away, you'll drift back sadly changed--let's sing!  I'm not in the mood, he says.  Charity insists--the show must go on--that's the only rule there is--so here's a chorus from the new team of Pansy Faye and Quentin Collins! She begins to sing, "I Wanna Dance For You." She claps him on the chest, encouraging him, and he joins in. She holds up his head; they both sing. She has to slap him a bit, wake him up, ordering, "Open your eyes!"
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does reference it quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2021, 11:20:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #632 (1969) - Nurse Pritchett - 'She's a very disturbed child and you MUST be patient with her.'

From "Robservations 9/5/02 - Reclaimed in Hellfire - #632/633_634"
A nurse at Windcliff warns Chris that his sister is very disturbed and he must be patient (this is probably DS' worst acting job, thank God it was of such short duration). Chris understands. The nurse says she'll send her in.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does reference it quite well...

I could quibble and go on and on about how this is not DS' worst acting job, IMO - but I won't. I'll simply point out that the person involved won a contest and one of the perks was a cameo role on DS. I'm fairly surprised the Robservations doesn't mention that, but that's the way it is.  And the interesting thing is there was a whole article published in AfterNoon TV about the situation. When I get the chance I'll dig the article out, scan it, and post it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 10, 2021, 06:36:08 PM »
Here's the article:

(Click here for a 1554X2176 version)

(Click here for a 1628X2176 version)

As we can see, the article was not in AfterNoon TV as I had thought, it was in Family TV (and when I saw the article, even before reading it, it was obvious that it was not from a daytime magazine because on the back of the first page is an article about Tom Jones' variety show with photos of Jones, Joey Heatherton and Mireille Mathieu (who I'd completely forgotten even existed) performing). But in my defense, for some reason I have the article stored with all the other AfterNoon TV articles I have - and as I was going through those I discovered an article on Lela Swift and the only photo that's a part of it is one of Swift directing Bobbi Ann Worenko (why her and not one of the main actors, who knows? - and something tells me no one will be upset that I didn't also scan/post that photo).  [easter_smiley]

(As an aside, on the back of the second page is a large photo of Conard Fowkes as part of an article about Hidden Faces, a soap on which he starred as its central character.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 10, 2021, 06:50:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #655 (1968) - Cassandra - 'You MUST leave Mrs. Stoddard now. She and I have an account to settle.'

From "Robservations 9/19/02 - #654/655 - Joe Unhinged"
Liz begins to moan and twist in her sleep, and she finally dreams: Amy, in night clothes, is singing "Rockabye Baby," in the middle of the woods. Liz approaches her and asks if she came to see "her," too. I heard her voice, telling me to come here, says Amy. Liz isn't sure if she heard the voice, but figures she must have. Liz is nervous and wants to go back, but Amy tells her "she" wants to see them. A woman's giggling voice fills the air, getting louder; Liz is afraid. She sees Cassandra, in her very green coat, come out from behind a tree. Liz calls to Amy, but Cassandra tells her the child can't save her. Liz tells Amy she must return to the house. Cassandra tells Liz Amy can't leave unless she tells her to. "You must know of my powers now, Mrs. Stoddard," taunts Cassandra. Liz retorts, "You have no power over either of us." Cassandra orders Amy to go. The child leaves, to Liz' dismay. We have an account to settle, declares Cassandra. Amy wanders off, to Liz' consternation.
[/spoiler]

And yet again, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does reference the main points of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Cassandra - 'But I MUST touch you. And when I do, it will be as though you are dead') was back on December 21st.

And considering it was Cassandra who caused Liz to think of death, it's so much better that in this ep the show had Cassandra deal with the subject rather than how they had Angelique (and VampAng at that!) do it in Ep #576, something I've often complained about...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 11, 2021, 04:50:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #663 (1796) - Nathan - 'You MUST go back to Collinwood, you MUST find a wooden stake and hammer, then you MUST go to the tower room during the day.'

From "Robservations 9/25/02 - #662/663 - Barnabas & Yet Another 18th Century Doxy"
I will tell you how Barnabas can be destroyed, but you must promise to do something about it. (Isn't she one of Barnabas' victims herself by this time?--Naomi committed suicide because she caught her son feasting on his cousin's throat.) I promise to try, says Millicent. Find a wooden stake and hammer, orders Nathan, and go to the tower room during the day, where he sleeps in a coffin--you must take that stake and drive it through his heart. Millicent stares at him, horrified. She says she thinks she understands and again promises to try.
[/spoiler]

And once again, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does reference the majority of the points. It also throws in points that are actually from other lines of dialogue as if they are part of what's quoted - but that's a different story...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Nathan - 'Barnabas MUST be destroyed before it's too late!') was back on November 16th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 12, 2021, 07:04:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #365 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Ghosts MUST have a great supply of raincoats and umbrellas.'

From "#0365/0366: Robservations 02/21/02 - - Welcome to 1795, Vicki!"
]Study, Collinwood - Barnabas tells Liz he doesn't want this seance conducted. She's surprised he feels this way, considering his passion for the past. I respect my ancestors' privacy, says Barnabas. Liz informs him that Julia saw Sarah. I don't think Miss Hoffman is the most stable of women, says Barnabas. (cold!)
Julia wouldn't lie, objects Liz, and the seance might tell us what we have to deal with, and finds Barnabas' objections to this action shocking. He offers an apology--he thought he was being rational. Roger and Julia join them, and Roger invites Barnabas to the seance. He refuses--I'm a cynic, he says. I was, too, at first, admits Roger. He and Liz leave to find candles for the seance.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is pretty well detailed but it doesn't reference the quote at all. So, what happens in the portion of the scene surrounding the quote is that after Roger and Julia have joined Barnabas and Liz and Roger has asked Barnabas if he'd care to join them, Liz mentions that Barnabas doesn't approve. Though Barnabas explains that it's not a matter of approval, it's just that he's a cynic. And after Roger explains that he was, too, at first, he points out, "But then, you know, something very impressive can happen." Appearing to become more positive, Barnabas says that for all their sakes he hopes that something does happen, but if it does, it... And he unfortunately starts to mangle his words a bit before he gets the quote out. Roger says that bothers him too, the realistic aspects of it, which reminds him they'll need some candles and he hates to wake Mrs. Johnson. To that, Julia offers that she thinks she knows where they are. But Liz says she'll get them, and Roger says he'll go with her. And as Liz leaves, Roger asks if they will please excuse them. He leaves...

And I do have to mention that I absolutely love how Julia watches Barnabas with fascination as -

- he tries to explain himself.

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'Do you want to stop it, Barnabas? MUST you stop it') was back on April 30th, the second (Liz - 'But you MUST say more') was back on May 3rd, and the third (Julia - 'Our hands MUST touch so that we form an unbroken circle') was back on June 18th. (We were on a roll there - how did we ever manage to skip July and wait until August to use a fourth one?!  [easter_cheesy])

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 14, 2021, 01:02:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #191 (1967) - Laura - 'I don't want to be without you. I MUST have you now!'

From "#0190/0191: Robservations 10/03/01: Into the Fire"
Come to me now, before it's too late! calls Laura. David is crying. Mother! he calls. No, David, you'll burn you'll die! yells Vicki. The cabin begins to fall apart, a flaming beam dropping to the floor. Hurry, David, before it's too late, please, calls Laura, hurry, hurry! Mother! cries David. David, don't let me go without you, begs Laura, I don't want to go without you! There are only a few seconds left! I must have you now, David, now. Vicki tells him not to listen to her, he'll burn, come to ME! David, caught between his governess and his mother, looks back and forth between the two women.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations, again, doesn't reference the quote directly because it does some paraphrasing, but it does reference it well...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 14, 2021, 05:07:48 PM »
The scene above is one of my earliest memories of DS, when my sister's friends watched, and I would pass through the living room and catch a glimpse. This one stopped me dead in my tracks.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 14, 2021, 08:12:02 PM »
Yeah, I think that would catch anyone's attention!  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

And here's the capture for anyone who might have missed it:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 14, 2021, 08:20:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #118 (1966) - Joe - 'She MUST be freezing by now.'

From "#0117/0118: Robservations 08/10/01: They Search For Vicki"
Burke and Joe find the fence Vicki must have climbed over, but there's no sign of her. Nevertheless, Burke calls to Vicki. The wind might be carrying your voice in the opposite direction, says Joe. Yeah, I know, says Burke, she could be someplace out there calling to us and we wouldn't hear her. She must be freezing by now, says Joe, the cold and dampness are getting to me already.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote perfectly...

I love whenever we come across an unexpected Joe quote.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 15, 2021, 05:58:42 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #708 (1897) - Edward - 'You MUST talk to her, I'm sure she will agree with me that the will MUST be read.'

From "Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709"
Edward, who turns and tells Evan, you must talk to Judith, I'm sure she'll agree the will must be read. Evan feels it's more respectful to wait until after the ceremony. We can discuss it with Judith and Carl, says Edward.
[/spoiler]

With the exception of mentioning Judith by name, the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And what a shock Evan says he feels it would be more respectful to wait until after the funeral, considering that he and Quentin are plotting to forge a new will.  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 16, 2021, 03:26:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #608 (1968) - Maggie - 'He's changed so much. But still these things MUST have been in him before.'

From "Robservations 8/16/02 - #608/609 - Rivals For a Vampire's Affections"
Old House drawing room - Maggie is sobbing when Barnabas comes to the cottage and gives her the news--Joe wouldn't commit suicide, she cries--I can't believe he wanted to die. He did say it, Barnabas tells her. How could I have thought she knew him? laments Maggie--he's changed so much!--still, these things must have been in him before, when they were together, I never realized. "You couldn't," Barnabas says comfortingly. You're right, she says, but someone else might have seen these things and stopped it. Barnabas says perhaps something happened to him, something she couldn't control or help. Everyone has a darker side that only comes to light under certain circumstances, he explains.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

On the other hand, there are things in the excerpt that are oddly wrong. As is indicated at the outset, the setting is the drawing room at the Old House - why there's a mention of the cottage is anyone's guess?! And I suppose technically one could say Barnabas tells Maggie that Joe wanted to die - but that conveys that he does so in words - and that's not how it happens on screen. Maggie asks, "He wanted to die? He said that?" And Barnabas responds by simply nodding his head in the affirmative. For her to ask that, yes, Barnabas must have told her in words before then, but we don't see that.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 16, 2021, 06:31:29 PM »
Wow, I thought Joe ended up in Windcliff. Maybe fan fiction or board discussion? I remember mention of Maggie ending up there and futurists saw them connecting, getting better and getting together happily ever after. (MUST be fan fiction, lol.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 17, 2021, 02:12:08 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Your memory is not playing tricks because Joe does end up in Windcliff. He gets carted away in Ep #658. (Though that's not the last ep Joel Crothers appears in because he plays Nathan in about four 1796 eps when Barnabas goes back into the past to save Vicki(#3))

And it's not simply fan fiction that Maggie and Joe might have connected at Windcliff because that scenario was spun by Sam Hall in his wrap-up article for TV Guide.