Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118504 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1575 on: May 18, 2023, 03:00:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #492 (1968) - Barnabas - 'He's destroying the place. We MUST stop him.'

From "Robservations 5/21/02 - #491/492 - Son of Barnabas and Julia"
Adam struggles to get out, but Barnabas and Julia push the door closed on him, then Barnabas locks him in. Adam, infuriated, continues to destroy the lab. Barnabas tells Julia they must kill Adam before he kills them
[/spoiler]

Oddly the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all because this isn't one with little detail. But the quote comes up before Barnabas tells Julia they need to kill Adam...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'We MUST make him trust us') was back on March 30th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 20, 2023, 02:12:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #733 (1897) - Judith - Well, you MUST admit that you don't always admire each other.'

From "Robservations 11/19/02 - #732-733 - Ang & Barn's Bargain; Three For Worthington Hall"
Quentin returns to the house, where Judith sharply calls his name.  "Oui, mon capitaine," he says humorously--how can I help you--black your boots, polish your brass?  Judith, not amued, warns him to keep away from Laura.  I was in her room on family business, after some letters I wrote her that Laura will use to blackmail Edward, says Quentin--I assure you that you don't want to know the content of the letters.  Judith says, I can't see you as reputation of the family rep--or David--Edward's honor, considering you and your elder brother don't "admire" each other.  You're too ladylike, complains Quentin, you mean Edward and I hate each other's guts.  You really do, observes Judith.  Yes, agrees Quentin--I hate Edward, but, dear sister, I hate Laura even more...
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it comes quite close. And I just love Quentin's response...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Minerva - 'The innocent MUST suffer. Providence sometimes tests them. Sometimes by putting them in jail, or even putting them on a gallows) was back on October 3rd of 2020, and the second (Magda - 'You MUST be brave. You MUST be brave, or you are going to die') was back on April 28th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 21, 2023, 02:46:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #903 (1969) - Julia - 'You MUST have been very devoted to your grandmother, huh?'

From "Robservations 4/22/03 - #903-904 -Whose Portrait? Barnabas Runs Down A Stranger"
I didn't know you were that interested in Tate, says Julia. Oh, yes, says Olivia. A very ambitious project, having a showing of his paintings, says Julia. All I have to do is the preliminary scouting, says Olivia, I have a dear friend in NY who owns a gallery--he does the real work.
Strange project for someone like you, says Julia. Not really, says Olivia, he painted a portrait of my grandmother--I'd like to see him rediscovered, for her sake--I was very devoted to my grandmother, a fascinating woman
[/spoiler]

Actually, what's really fascinating is that the Robservations references the quote as if it was delivered by Olivia when it's actually delivered by Julia.  [confused1]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first ('Olivia' - 'She's a... a fascinating woman. Um, someday I MUST tell you all about her') was back on September 26th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 22, 2023, 03:06:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #998 (1970PT) - Cyrus - 'Well, something quite exciting happened. We- we found this exciting thing and I MUST follow up with it soon.'

From "#0998/0999: Robservations 06/26/03: Mystery of Dameon; Angelique's Coffin"
For the last time, says Cyrus, I went to Portland with my colleagues, we performed an experiment, and I got back early because the experiment failed. She apologizes. Sometimes, failure can be rewarding in it's own way, he says--something quite exciting happened, and I must follow up on it very soon--I can't discuss it until the work is more complete.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Yaeger - 'You're a persistent man, Mr. Collins, and obviously a very dedicated friend to Cyrus Longworth. He MUST appreciate it a great deal') was back on May 9th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 23, 2023, 02:06:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1072 (1970) - Carolyn - 'Oh no, you MUSTN'T be. I'll protect you both. I won't let them harm you.'

From "#1072/1073: Robservations - 08/20/03: Psychic"
Carolyn stops, hearing the spooky sci fi sound, and the wind--we aren't the only ones in this room-there's someone else here, watching us-I can feel it. Hallie runs to David--"I was right!" she cries-"Carolyn can feel it, too!" David, angry, orders them, just cut it out! Hallie runs to Carolyn's arms, proclaiming herself scared. You mustn't be, says Carolyn, putting her arms around Hallie,
I'll protect you both-I won't let them harm you. The camera pans backward, showing the frightened females and deliberately stoic David.
[/spoiler]

While not perfectly, the Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'You MUST have an extraordinary tale to tell') was back on November 10th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 24, 2023, 04:16:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1123 (1840) - Voice of Judah - 'You MUST help me. Help me. You will help me.'

The quote actually comes up at the end of Ep #1122 and at the beginning of Ep #1123, and as such the Robaervations for Ep #1123 doesn't summarize the scene again. The Robservations begins with:

From "#1123/1124: Robservations 09/26/03: The Bedford Atrocities"
Desmond awakens from his terrifying dream with a start.

However, the Robservations for Ep #1122 has:

From "#1121/1122: Robservations 09/25/03: A Sticky Domestic Situation"
At Rose Cottage, a window blows in the wind from the storm.  Desmond, looking ragged, closes it.  He goes over to look at the head, staring down at it.  Can the legends me true? he wonders, smiling, and walks away.  The head's eyes are open, staring at Desmond, who now has his back to it.  When he turns to look again, the eyes are closed.  Desmond sits down on a love seat and opens the book Ben gave him, but seems too tired to read it.  He sinks back and falls into a nightmare-plagued asleep, in which the head speaks to him--"Help me!  You will help me!"
[/spoiler]

And that Robservations references most of the quote but skips the "must" part even though it is said. Shameful!

However, two things are very different in Ep #1123's restaging of the scene. For one, in Ep #1122's version, as the Robservations for it indicates -

From "#1121/1122: Robservations 09/25/03: A Sticky Domestic Situation"
... Can the legends me true? he wonders, smiling, and walks away.  The head's eyes are open, staring at Desmond, who now has his back to it.  When he turns to look again, the eyes are closed.  Desmond sits down on a love seat and opens the book ...

- but in Ep #1123's version, after Desmond wonders if the legends can be true and then walks away, we do not see the head's eyes open and Desmond does not turn back to look at it but the eyes are then closed, because in Ep #1123, after Desmond walks away from the head, what we see is a shot of the head with its eyes closed immediately followed by Desmond going to sit down on the love seat. And for two, when the head speaks to Desmond in his dream a shot of the head with its eyes open is superimposed over the shot of Desmond -

- followed by the shot of Desmond dissolving to only leave the shot of the head -

- but in Ep #1123, as you may recall from the slideshow's screen capture, there's simply a shot of Desmond without any shot of the head -

- but of course, the likely reason for the differences in the stagings isn't that Lela Swift, who directed Ep #1122, and Henry Kaplan, who directed Ep #1123, had different visions, it's that Dan "Cheapskate" Curtis didn't want to pay Michael McGuire to repeat his physical presence in Ep #1123. Knowing DC, he was probably already upset that he had to pay Michael McGuire a reduced wage for using his voice again...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Daniel - 'Have you taken leave of your senses? That woman is married to you. She MUST do as you tell her!') was back on January 20th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 25, 2023, 03:32:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1200 (1841PT) - Melanie - 'Papa, don't get up. The doctor said you MUSTN'T get up.'

From "#1199/1200: Robservations 12/09/03: The Woman in White"
Melanie sits with her father.  I can tell you're feeling better, she says--would you like me to read more to you?  He shakes his head.  The storm, she says--tomorrow, it will be a lovely day, Papa.  She gazes out the window, opens it, and spots the apparition of the woman in white.  What? asks Justin, sensing her fear.  It was nothing she says, the lightning, so close it frightened me.  The...woman...in...white! he struggles to mutter.  No, it wasn't, she lies.  He struggles out of bed, despite her insistence the doctor told him not to.  I've got to see! he insists, stumbling across the floor.  Melanie tries to make him get into bed, but he looks out the window, and says, she is here--she has come for me.
You didn't see her, says Melanie, it was an illusion, that all.  Once before, when father died, I saw her standing there, says Justin, I'm not ready to die, I won't!  You have to live, you have to! cries Melanie.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, but it does reference the circumstance under which it's delivered...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Bramwell - 'You MUST get away from Collinwood now') was back on December 26th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 26, 2023, 02:26:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #54 (1966) - Sheriff Patterson - 'Well, Matthew, you MUST have taken a little time. You said you looked him over carefully.'

Out of context that quote could be interpreted so many ways!!  [naughty] [toothy12]

From "#0053/0054: Robservations 06/25/01: Collinsport, Patterson's Town"
Let's see if I have this straight now, says Patterson, writing in his book. He's sitting on the sofa. Matthew is still standing. It was shortly after midnight when you found the deceased--and how long after that did you flip the body back into the water? Right away, says Matthew. You must have taken a little time, says Patterson, you said you looked him over carefully. Five or 10 minutes, says Matthew. He was back here in less than half an hour, chimes in Liz, he walked up the shore and back. What for? asks Patterson. No, I didn't, corrects Matthew--I didn't walk anywhere--I stood there and studied the matter, trying to decide what to do--it was a good 20 minutes--
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Burke - 'He MUST have had a terrible worry on his mind') was back on October 18th of 2020, and the second (Roger - 'You MUST have gone to a great deal of trouble to pick out something in such poor taste!'), which is one of my all-time favorite Roger lines, was back on August 30th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 27, 2023, 02:36:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #734 (1897[-1967]) - Rachel - 'I think somewhere deep inside him, Timothy has just decided he MUST work and wait for his chance to escape. He won't betray me. Tell him, Magda.'

From "Robservations 11/20/02 - #734-735 - Jamison Escapes the Closet; Worthington Burns"
Magda asks Rachel, can you trust Tim?  There was a time I trusted him over anyone I've ever known, says Rachel, but he seems changed--what should I do?  Your decision, says Magda.  He wouldn't have offered money if he didn't mean to help me escape, decides Rachel--tell Tim yes.  "You're sure?" asks Magda, skeptical.  For over a year, we met everyday, making plans to escape, says Rachel, nobody could change that much--somewhere deep inside him, he decided he must work and wait for his chance to escape--he won't betray me--tell him, Magda!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases a bit but still references the quote quite well...

And what "(1897[-1967])" means is that what really should have been featured is a quote from 1967's Blackmailing Liz-Introducing Barnabas-Kidnapping Maggie-Introducing Julia storyline but a quote from 1897 was substituted to help to stretch out the 1967 quotes...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Gregory - 'One MUST NOT give in to these petty weaknesses') was back on February 11th of 2021, the second (Gregory - 'She MUST learn!') was back on March 17th of 2021, and the third (Tim - 'She MUST have been very happy at Collinwood') was back on April 24th. So that all means that Ep #734 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #742, #883, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 29, 2023, 12:00:10 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #387 (1795) - Angelique - 'No. I begin to see something. My whole body is filled with a strange sensation. It MUST be religion. And Reverend, you are responsible.'

Yes, of course he is.  [easter_rolleyes]  What a fool Trask is to eat up her shtick and not to see she's using him. Though it's a complete hoot to watch Angelique do it.  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

From '#0386/0387: Robservations 03/07/02: Vicki is "Treed"'
She claims to fear the Almighty and assures him she knows nothing of sorcery. The devil has never tempted her because she has such a strong loyalty to her (?) God. Angelique drops to her knees, clasps her hands together, and claims she wants to be a child of religion. Suddenly, she has a vision, which she claims is thanks to Reverend Trask's influence. Joshua enters while Ang is having her spiritual revelation--she hears voices, a man and a woman. They are in a big, new house, and no one is there. Joshua recognizes the description as Collinwood, the house being built, and Trask immediately wants to hasten there and find the witch! Angelique, still kneeling, grins.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it does reference the circumstances under which it's delivered...

And I don't know why it says , "Joshua enters while Ang is having her spiritual revelation," because he never left...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Nathan - 'Well you MUST stop doing that because the things you say make no sense whatsoever') was back on May 15th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 29, 2023, 02:34:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #493 (1968) - Barnabas - 'Now you can't stay out here in the woods. You MUST come home with me. Come.'

From "Robservations 5/22/02 - #493/494 - Baby Comes Home"
Barnabas and Willie have found Adam in the woods. Barnabas offers him his hand. "You know I'd never hurt you," says Barnabas--I want to take you home. Willie says they need help, but Barn says that's impossible. Gently, Barnabas tells Adam to come home with him, there's nothing to be afraid of. Adam is nervous, afraid. He very reluctantly accepts Barnabas' hand gazing happily at "Daddy", and they walk off, leaving Willie staring unhappily after them.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it does reference the circumstances under which it's delivered...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Mrs. Johnson - 'And I know as hard as I try, I MUST tell him') was back on July 31st of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 30, 2023, 03:58:46 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #736 (1897) - Laura - 'You MUST do as I say, darling. I shall not disappoint you.'

From "Robservations 11/21/02 - #736-737 - How Will Dirk "Warm" Laura?"
She shows Nora the urn.  The little girl is disappointed--oh, it's just an urn.  Yes, agrees Laura.  Why did you hide it? asks Nora.  It's a secret, says Laura.  I like secrets, says Nora.  Go home to bed, says Laura--I'll come and tell you a wonderful story about the urn.  Nora wants her mother to come back to the house with her.
I want to stay here a while, says Laura--I can't explain why, but it's necessary and I will see you later.  Nora promises to wait for her.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote. However it comes up after Laura says she can't explain why she has to stay for a little while...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'O hear me, Master, bearer of warmth and fire, giver of life and destroyer, hear me. Grant me through your flame the energy and the sustenance that I MUST have'), which is also from this same scene, was back on November 24th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 31, 2023, 01:30:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1201 (1841PT[-1967]) - Catherine - 'Morgan, you MUST NOT hold this lottery.'

From "#1201/1202: Robservations 12/10/03: Impassioned Lovers"
You're a very strong-willed young woman, he says, very well--he sits her down--you're going to know sooner or later, I might as well tell you now.  Tell me what? she asks.  He sits beside her and tells her about the legendary locked room and the family lottery.  Do you mean that the stories and rumors in the village are true? she asks.  Yes, I'm afraid they are, he says--there is such a room, and once during each generation, someone is chosen by lottery to spend the night in that room.  What's in the room? she asks.  I don't know, he says, no one has ever known.  What about the people who've spent the night there? she asks.  No one has ever lived to talk about it, he explains--those who spent the night there have either died or gone mad.  Do you mean what happened to Joshua Collins (blooper, should be Justin) was not the result of an accident? she asks.  That's right, he says--something happened in that room to my father that was so terrifying he was unable to think of it for the rest of his life.  You must not hold this lottery, she insists.  We must go through with it, he says.  I tell you, I will not lose you this way! she says--it's primitive, I don't even see how you can take it seriously.  Of course you would think it strange, he says, I can understand that--and I can also understand if you have second thoughts about marrying into this family.  Second thoughts? she asks--I am more determined than ever to marry you now--
[/spoiler]

The Robservations reference the quote almost perfectly...

And what "(1841PT[-1967])" means is that what really should have been featured is a quote from 1967's Blackmailing Liz-Introducing Barnabas-Kidnapping Maggie-Introducing Julia storyline but a quote from 1841PT was substituted to help to stretch out the 1967 quotes...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Morgan - 'You MUST NOT ask any more questions') was back on April 28th of 2020.
Apparently Ep #1201 is one in which people are being told what they "must not" do.  [easter_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 01, 2023, 02:56:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #495 (1968) - Barnabas - 'We MUST find him.'

From "Robservations 5/23/02 - #495/496 - Baby Wreaks Havoc"
Liz bursts in--she saw a mute giant on the path halfway to the Old House--and he said Barnabas' name. Barnabas pretends surprise. She mentions the shackle around his ankle with a broken chain--David!--they must find him. Roger leaves to get his gun, and Barnabas asks if that's necessary. Liz says, "If Barnabas knows him. . ." "ELIZABETH!" bursts out Barnabas. She doesn't understand why the man said her cousin's name, and Barnabas says they'll have to find out. Liz tells them both to be careful and Roger advises them to close and lock all doors in case the man shows up there. Liz closes the door on them, worried.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations reference the quote almost perfectly...

But hmmm, whom is it that Barnabas is referring to? A question Midnite posed after she picked the capture - and a very good question at that. Is it really David, as the summary implies? Barnabas certainly wants Roger and Liz to think it's David.  ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 02, 2023, 03:56:42 PM »

Ep #737 (1897) - Quentin - 'No, no, we MUSTN'T exert ourselves, my dear. You don't have any energy to spare, do you?'

From 'Robservations 11/21/02 - #736-737 - How Will Dirk "Warm" Laura?'
Laura's room - Quentin helps Laura inside and into bed.  Nervous, he keeps licking his lips.  He turns on the lamp.  Laura lies there, pale, breathing heavily.  She gazes at him.  Rest, he urges-- the doctor will be here soon.  He leans in close.  "How do you feel now, too weak to talk?" he asks--what's happened to you?  You already know, she says--you're much too concerned.  Of course, he says, grinning, we wouldn't want anything to happen to you now.  I don't know how it was possible, says Laura, but you did this to me--it couldn't have been anyone else.  I don't know what you're talking about, says Q.  "You're trying to kill me," she accuses.  Oh, he says, now that is a very strong accusation--tell me, he says, touching her, do you have any way of proving that?  I'll find a way, she assures him--you'll pay for this.  I don't think you have that much time left, says Q.  He's right beside her, very close, almost in bed with her.
She raises her head and orders him to get out.  He suggests she doesn't exert herself--you don't have energy to spare, do you?--ohhh, now don't look at me that way, it almost compels me to feel sorry for you.  I wouldn't want your pity, she says.  And you wouldn't get it, he retorts--and for a very good reason--I recall an incident at the cottage the other evening--we both thought that I was dying. . .I asked you to help me, and you refused, you left me there to die--now I do believe that one bad turn does deserve another?  He moves to kiss her mouth; she turns away.  He grabs her face and forces a kiss on her mouth.  "Why, your lips are ice cold," he says viciously--"Goodbye, Laura."  And after a last caress of her face and shoulder, Quentin leaves his former lover alone, presumably to die.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases part of the quote but nonetheless references it well...

Another great Quentin/Laura scene - and it even references my favorite Quentin/Laura scene in the cottage...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'Look deep in your soul. You will know. You MUST do something, there's very little time') was back on April 27th of 2021.